[Round 21, 2021] Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no Staggs dfending on the right im concerned the Knights left edge is coming together nicely...

Ponga now running good shape and getting on the outside of his man to set up Best with early ball, kinda how we need to use Staggs at centre actually...

giphy.gif

This is why having a strike centre today like Best or Staggs is a luxury.

Best is quite similar to Staggs in the way he shuffles, runs lines and can tackle break once given enough time and space to wind up.

With the preoccupation of our wingers to constantly jam in on defence id expect this play to be run over and over...

giphy.gif

I dont know who Kev is going to run out there but this is where we either win or lose.
What it shows is that we cant use a passive or retreating defensive line against them. Unfortunately, this is the crappy defensive strategy we use.

If we dont move up aggressively, ponga will easily get on the outside of gamble with his speed and create an overlap, and you will have major difficulties trying to stop best's momentum if we are retreating.

The only way we win this one is if we manage to keep them in their half, have a really high completion rate and starve them of the ball. All of which we have shown we cant do very well.

What it shows is that we cant use a passive or retreating defensive line against them. Unfortunately, this is the crappy defensive strategy we use.

If we dont move up aggressively, ponga will easily get on the outside of gamble with his speed and create an overlap, and you will have major difficulties trying to stop best's momentum if we are retreating.

The only way we win this one is if we manage to keep them in their half, have a really high completion rate and starve them of the ball. All of which we have shown we cant do very well.
One thing Gamble has been great at is shooting out off the goal line and jamming opposing halves trying to go out back, shutting down the backline movement. If he continues to do this well, Ponga may not even see too much good ball in this part of the field - or it could go terribly wrong like every time Croft tries to do it and result in a thousand tries down that side.

How to lose a totally winnable game, the Tigers way...

giphy.gif

How did we lose to these fools again..?
Lol @ Joffa.

Not his fault in this instance, but even when it isn’t him directly, shit plays just seem to have a way of finding him.

Only difference is now we can laugh because he’s not wearing our jersey whilst it’s happening.

Lol @ Joffa.

Not his fault in this instance, but even when it isn’t him directly, shit plays just seem to have a way of finding him.

Only difference is now we can laugh because he’s not wearing our jersey whilst it’s happening.
The laughing is somewhat soured by the great presence of mind and reflexes of the young fella that pounced on it

How to lose a totally winnable game, the Tigers way...

giphy.gif

How did we lose to these fools again..?
In this day and age, how does this even happen? Cant believe we lost to these guys, between that and our win over the Knights this weekend we'd be Santa-close to the 8

The laughing is somewhat soured by the great presence of mind and reflexes of the young fella that pounced on it

Was said young fella even actually onside?

Was said young fella even actually onside?
Looks like he was but it’s one of those things like slapping the dummy halves arms when their passing that seems to be allowed or not completely depending on which pair of undies the ref decided to wear that day.

is Brailey suffering the effects of concussion or some injury, because NRL.com says he is being "rested"

and i have to ask why the **** a team from outside the 8, who is still in contention for the finals rest their best hooker ... seems crazy to me, not to mention disrespectful to us ... hopefully that disrespect comes back to bite them in the ass

wtf? I love Kev now. He’s finally picking close to the best team each week and reacting intelligently to forced changes. It’s almost like a real coach. Glad to see Arthurs get the nod at centre over Mead (as much as I rate Mead as a winger).

Would still like to see Croft dropped for Kelly but we’ve got a 50% win record since he returned to first grade so I can’t argue. 3/5 wins somehow included Croft which shows how bad thing have gotten more than any other stat I can think of.

Kelly must be still injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• tajhay
  • bb_gun
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Jason Simmons
  • Old Mate
  • Howie
  • Rah88
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • IceWorks
  • Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • Browny
  • Fitzy
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.