POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Just destroyed on the edges. Seems like we have the slowest team around. Our edges just standing and watching was disappointing 😞

Bulldogs are a good team. Hope they do well.
The Broncos being done this year. I'm rooting for the doggies. I admire what they've done in a few short years. What Phil Gould and Ciraldo have done is incredible. These guys are building. Not sure if they have the answers to the Panthers kick returns, but I wish them all the best.

Go Doggies

Similar story to almost every game this season. Frantic attack, getting smashed in the key metrics and reliance on some magic pulled out of nowhere.

45% possession again today, which is one of the stats we are running dead last across the entire league in. We have had more ball than our opposition just 3 times this season. Stats have pointed to us being a bottom 4 side all season and now it's starting to catch up to us. At least completions and errors improved a bit today but even so the attack still looked lost. We scored one well worked try once the oppositon had put 40 on.

How do have a middle of Hass, Carrigan, Jensen and Willison and Reynolds' kicking game yet spend every game camped in your own half?
Stats were ugly today
Aside from Carrigan, you wouldn’t pay the rest

Our structure out of yardage is disgusting. The fact that we haven’t done anything to fix it rests on kevvie’s shoulders. Constant one out runs off of narrow passes from 9. Billy would not start 9 for any other team in the comp. Need a new head coach or we will continue going downhill.

But it's not just the performances on the field stacking up against Kevvie, the stats this year are pretty sad reading tho, it's also the bench use, the team selections and recruitment, it's all been really poor.

Our structure out of yardage is disgusting. The fact that we haven’t done anything to fix it rests on kevvie’s shoulders. Constant one out runs off of narrow passes from 9. Billy would not start 9 for any other team in the comp. Need a new head coach or we will continue going downhill.
Sad but probably true

Two weeks ago I said they remind me of the 94-96 Broncos, moved away from hard work and just dropped off 5% because we are talented, and talent will get us through always waiting for something- When Origin is over, when Reynolds gets back, Alf will get us through, but they don't get it done.

Today was the poster child for not working hard, that first 20, showed simply no commitment to go forward and attack from there. Best Broncos' pack all year and they didn't want to work. Just shift to an edge and hope someone scores.

Defence, left hand edge body language was poor from kick off. Bulldogs support play and connecting, how many passes found another bulldog and then saw someone stay alive again. Bulldogs were playing contract football Broncos were playing one out hope football.
Yeah thats a pretty accurate comparison there mate, I recall reading one of Alfies books that he was considering leaving the Broncos during that period to join the Adelaide Rams in 1997 because he felt the squad environment had gotten toxic and others around him just weren't willing to give 100% but Bennett convinced him to stay. Bennett got rid of a number of big name players to send a message to the squad to shape up or ship out.

Who should be our coach? The options out there seem a little thin.

But it's not just the performances on the field stacking up against Kevvie, the stats this year are pretty sad reading tho, it's also the bench use, the team selections and recruitment, it's all been really poor.
Our back row and outside backs are stuffed
Is it going to be any different next year?

Who should be our coach? The options out there seem a little thin.
You get to a stage where trying literally anything new has better prospects then repeating the same failed plan and expecting a different result

The Broncos being done this year. I'm rooting for the doggies. I admire what they've done in a few short years. What Phil Gould and Ciraldo have done is incredible. These guys are building. Not sure if they have the answers to the Panthers kick returns, but I wish them all the best.

Go Doggies
Yeah I’m no lover of Canterbury but hard not to admire the passion they are playing with and it’s nice to see some no names playing above their reputations.

Much rather cheer them in the finals than Penrith, Storm or Easts

Yeah I’m no lover of Canterbury but hard not to admire the passion they are playing with and it’s nice to see some no names playing above their reputations.

Much rather cheer them in the finals than Penrith, Storm or Easts
Curren ran for more metres than Haas today

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Dash
  • azza.79
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • pagey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Spooky1013
  • Gympie devil
  • Big Del
  • Redfern_1980
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.