POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Wayne Bennett, warts and all. However, i have a message for DD.

How come all it took for the Dolphins to become the preeminent Queensland club in the NRL was...2 years?

That 2 years Sir....was on your watch.

Completely unfathomable.

You need to pull your finger out and show some Goddamn leadership and explain how you intend to rectify this.

Frankly, you start with identity. Brisbane needs an identity. We currently don't have an identity. The Dolphins do, every time they step out on the field, the minimum expectations are there week in and week out.

Don't get me started on the Roosters, Storm or Penrith.

The bare minimum of a contending top 8 team does not exist here. Therefore, start with getting someone who can instill it...right now.

One guy you "could' talk to, Webster in Auckland. Done wonders with that playing group. Mostly Polynesians too.

Adam Reynolds also imploded in said GF but he rarely gets lambasted for it.

If Reynolds is responsible for all the good as so many of you often go on about, why is it Kevvie's fault only for the bad and Reynolds get a free pass?

Did Kevvie let Reynolds run the team last year right up to the GF and then suddenly take over from there?
I can name one prolific asshole who didn't give Reynolds a free pass:

Put it this way....if ARey is half as smart a footballer that we think he is,
then his ability to pass on the message (teach/coach) is fucked!

That being the case, what's the point.

He's never on the field often enough any more, to be any use on the field.

I can name one prolific asshole who didn't give Reynolds a free pass:

Not sure why you quoted me there, I don't recall blaming Reynolds for losing the GF??

Dude has his ups and downs, but can never fault the effort.

On a lighter note:
For a good laugh everyone should watch Graham annesly explain away the mam trip by the ref. Honestly comical stuff. So can't stop the play everything a ref touches a player bcos it would be stopped too often , but we can charge a player for the same thing. He literally fell IN FRONT of the player making the break lol.

On a lighter note:
For a good laugh everyone should watch Graham annesly explain away the mam trip by the ref. Honestly comical stuff. So can't stop the play everything a ref touches a player bcos it would be stopped too often , but we can charge a player for the same thing. He literally fell IN FRONT of the player making the break lol.
Do they have actual footage of it??

At the game they didnt show footage of the contact

I don't know what to expect out of this one. I really saw us making a big run towards the finals once origin was over and we were back to basically full strength. The performance against the knight's was as expected then thought we'd build off that against the dogs.

This game against the titans i kind of saw us really starting to pull things together and have teams looking over their shoulder. Instead I'm now getting 2020 fears about having 50 put on us by a mediocre side.

All season I've been of the opinion we need to simplify our footy, back off with the all out attack and just complete our sets. I'm almost at the point where i want to do a 360 and go down swinging and have us play all out attacking footy again. We don't seem to be able to grind out a win so see if we can unsettle the opposition.

It's been a pretty common theme these days our lack of go forward from the back 3. For me the lack of go forward is compounded by our back rowers also not going forward. When you have Reece Walsh, Mariner, Riki and Piakura all getting dominated coming out of our own end it's a real problem. Is there any thought to throwing Willison into the second row combined with Oates on a wing to try boost our meters out of trouble?

I just think what we are currently doing isn't working so lets make some changes.

Unread

Active Now

• scobie
  • Morkel
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.