POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

I don’t know of a single successful club who would even consider it.
Depends on what a club calls being successful. I have said many times the Broncos consider making a sizeable profit, creating a dividend for shareholders and bums on seats a success. Mostly been that way since News Limited and Murdoch become involved. Winning football games is just a small part of that to them. Walsh puts bums on seats.

Worse than that, he complimented the Bulldogs and said they were the better team. They were clearly not the better team on paper, so that's like saying they were better coached.
Part of falling on his sword.

The Office Yes GIF

Does make me think imagine if they'd won last year how bad this year would be going.
Kevin stated in his presser he would need to talk with his coaches, his performance staff and players to determine what went wrong against the Bulldogs and formulate a plan for next week.
I don’t believe Kevin was smart enough to take us to the GF on his own merits and those people would be largely responsible for our appearance in that match.
So what happened this year. Did his coaches and performance staff slacken off. Is Kevin not following their advice. Is their advice all wrong. Why are most pissing off. Where’s Ben Ikin when you need him.

Kevin stated in his presser he would need to talk with his coaches, his performance staff and players to determine what went wrong against the Bulldogs and formulate a plan for next week.
I don’t believe Kevin was smart enough to take us to the GF on his own merits and those people would be largely responsible for our appearance in that match.
So what happened this year. Did his coaches and performance staff slacken off. Is Kevin not following their advice. Is their advice all wrong. Why are most pissing off. Where’s Ben Ikin when you need him.
No coach is mart enough to take a team to the grand final on their own merits. It takes a collective effort from the players and all the coaching staff. The problem is they're all under performing and nobody is getting held accountable for it.

Ask yourselves - Have we managed to rectify how to win a short dropout (at either end of the field)?

Your answer will tell you all you need to know about how this team has been prepared over the last two seasons.

We are absolute shite when it comes to game plans and footy smarts.

Somebody needs to address that. If it's not the head coach then who?

Ask yourselves - how long has that problem been left to fester? Your answer will tell you if there needs to be a change at the Broncos.

That's good coaching not bad coaching.

When Bellamy meets with Aaron, Bunn, Ponissi and Brentnall he's not doing it because he's bored.

When Bellamy meets with Aaron, Bunn, Ponissi and Brentnall he's not doing it because he's bored.
Exactly. My point.
Either not happening this year or something has changed.

Remember when atkins literally tripped Mam over and they still awarded the try.

That was complete bullshit.......Ezra would have definitely been in a position to make the tackle. **** he was a chance of even getting to the ball first!!

Don't know how they still consistently get the blatantly obvious wrong each and every time.
Does my head in.

No coach is mart enough to take a team to the grand final on their own merits. It takes a collective effort from the players and all the coaching staff. The problem is they're all under performing and nobody is getting held accountable for it.
Some on here believe Kevin on his own merits is responsible for us being in the GF. Totally ridiculous IMO. It was a collective effort including Adam Reynolds in a big way. Kevin on his own has no idea, watch the latest presser and he’ll tell you that.

That was complete bullshit.......Ezra would have definitely been in a position to make the tackle. **** he was a chance of even getting to the ball first!!

Don't know how they still consistently get the blatantly obvious wrong each and every time.
Does my head in.

If a player does that it's a no try/obstruction and they wouldn't have even looked at it twice.

At the very least it should have been a scrum, with the attacking side getting the feed.

The referee basically took out a player off the ball......
Like you say, if that had a been a Bulldogs player, it would have been penalty to the Broncos.

Some on here believe Kevin on his own merits is responsible for us being in the GF. Totally ridiculous IMO. It was a collective effort including Adam Reynolds in a big way. Kevin on his own has no idea, watch the latest presser and he’ll tell you that.

Adam Reynolds also imploded in said GF but he rarely gets lambasted for it.

If Reynolds is responsible for all the good as so many of you often go on about, why is it Kevvie's fault only for the bad and Reynolds get a free pass?

Did Kevvie let Reynolds run the team last year right up to the GF and then suddenly take over from there?

Adam Reynolds also imploded in said GF but he rarely gets lambasted for it.

If Reynolds is responsible for all the good as so many of you often go on about, why is it Kevvie's fault only for the bad and Reynolds get a free pass?

Did Kevvie let Reynolds run the team last year right up to the GF and then suddenly take over from there?
Adam could have won us the Grand Final if he had taken the right options that were presented to him during the match. Did he lose us the Grand Final? Yes he did. Did he help get us to the Grand Final? Yes he did.
But @Sproj: what’s gone wrong this year? What’s changed? We are a shadow of the team we were last year.

I thought the same thing. Gathering all the facts before making a call on how to fix it... Some really strange takes on this forum.

Kevy has a wonderful track record of getting us out of a hole.

I honestly have nothing even after letting some time pass. That performance lends itself to something wrong behind the scenes (in my opinion) Is it the coach? Are the players to egotistical (hence staff leaving)? Who knows but I hope they are having a very ugly discussion about it as we speak/type. That is embarrassing for the club at ALL levels....ugh

Frustrated Community GIF

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • azza.79
  • MrMoore
  • Santa
  • rj9
  • broncos4life
  • upthebroncs
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.