POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

It felt like he was kinda missing yesterday, he didn't seem to be organising those sweeping attacking plays we were nailing last week vs the knights. Dogs effectively bullied him.
Came into the game with the flu didn't he?

Remember when atkins literally tripped Mam over and they still awarded the try.

The fact that’s not the main talking point out of yesterday shows how badly we have shat the bed.

Yeah, this. This was not a case of the ref accidentally getting in the way because he didn't see the player, or vice versa, like normal. This was a case of Mam being in front of the ref. The onus in that case must be completely on the referee to not interfere with the player.

How that could be reviewed and any other decision made except "go back to the play the ball" just shows the state of the game. Now we have officials actively, in the wrong, taking down players - and it's deemed to be okay. Get absolutely fucked.

I've said it a few times this year but I am just about done with the game. Partly because we can't seem to play anywhere near the ability of this team, but every single game, multiple times, things happen that are just complete head-scratchers. The game in its current form is as fundamentally broken as the Broncos as a team and as a club right now.

I think at the end of the year I'll be turfing all my stuff and quitting footy for good, I can't do it anymore. Watching the game - any random game of any random weekend - is more hurtful than beneficial to me these days and when that's the case, it's time to say goodbye. I don't need this shit in my life.

Does make me think imagine if they'd won last year how bad this year would be going.

Reminds me a bit of 2009 Hawthorn, they won in 2008 but they didn't adjust or move, and teams worked on them and they didn't make finals in 2009.
Be much easier to cop if we had won last year. Certainly parallels with that Hawks side. Very young and pinched it
And then the premiership hangover killed them.

Yeah, this. This was not a case of the ref accidentally getting in the way because he didn't see the player, or vice versa, like normal. This was a case of Mam being in front of the ref. The onus in that case must be completely on the referee to not interfere with the player.

How that could be reviewed and any other decision made except "go back to the play the ball" just shows the state of the game. Now we have officials actively, in the wrong, taking down players - and it's deemed to be okay. Get absolutely fucked.

I've said it a few times this year but I am just about done with the game. Partly because we can't seem to play anywhere near the ability of this team, but every single game, multiple times, things happen that are just complete head-scratchers. The game in its current form is as fundamentally broken as the Broncos as a team and as a club right now.

I think at the end of the year I'll be turfing all my stuff and quitting footy for good, I can't do it anymore. Watching the game - any random game of any random weekend - is more hurtful than beneficial to me these days and when that's the case, it's time to say goodbye. I don't need this shit in my life.
Same boat brother.
I swore I wouldn't watch another game with Atkins officiating and by the sounds of it, he shit the bed yet again. How the cocksucker still has a job is beyond me.

I hate the state of the game where I am no longer looking forward to watching the footy.
Giant red flag when this is supposed to be entertainment.

You can check out anytime, but you can never really leave.

I already only watch one game a week, the Broncos. This game has become like WWE, the six again has turned this game into something horrendous. They are managing games towards desired outcomes, it may not be fixing matches but it is getting very close. Case and point game 2 SOO. It is purely a game of momentum now and all it takes is a string of possession go the other way and your done.

The Broncos are still not playing good enough to be there so it's on them also. But they shouldn't have to be playing to beat their competition and the rub of the green from game managing each week.

I already only watch one game a week, the Broncos. This game has become like WWE, the six again has turned this game into something horrendous. They are managing games towards desired outcomes, it may not be fixing matches but it is getting very close. Case and point game 2 SOO. It is purely a game of momentum now and all it takes is a string of possession go the other way and your done.

The Broncos are still not playing good enough to be there so it's on them also. But they shouldn't have to be playing to beat their competition and the rub of the green from game managing each week.
Another huge factor in my state of mind about the game tbh. I don't even have confidence that the best team wins every week anymore, how fucked is that? If one team gets a run of penalties early that momentum can be crippling to the entire game - like Origin II. Sure, it's on the team to arrest the momentum, but it should not be happening in the first place. The games are quite clearly managed and it takes away so much from the spectacle.

That and the cynical play from the usual clubs. Storm, Penrith, et al. Stand offside every play knowing they won't get pulled up constantly. The garbage in the ruck. Again, we suck at this stuff so it rubs me ever further the wrong way but it's all so against the spirit of the game, allowing it is unforgivable.

I'm not even going to start on the inconsistency. It's death by a thousand cuts and I'm at about 998.

I watched the Broncos v Manly game with a mate who's a Manly fan and we spent more time talking than watching the footy. And most of the talk was about the above and how the game's becoming almost unwatchable. Neither of us were particularly interested in the game or even the outcome. Both rusted-on fans, heavily invested in the game most of our lives, he runs the work tipping comp.

I dunno, maybe the Vlandys target demographic is 20-something year old girls. Wait, nope, can't be with the way Reece has been treated on field this year. It's all just bullshit and I'm done.

Just seen the clip of the bulldogs mocking us in the sheds after the game. (Fans post try dance thing).

They wanted blood, and it showed on the field. Ciraldo had them well and truly up for the game and they were drilled to pick us apart in front of a huge Saturday arvo crowd. Compare them to just last week, absolute night and day, and we just took it and did nothing about it.

Absolutely sucks that shit like that seems to be our kryptonite, we just can't handle it. Up and in our faces, roughing us up, works every time.

Board to blame,great players don't equate to great coaches. Fovourite sons backed by incompetent loyalty that is illfounded. Giving extra years contract & increases for these pathetic results. Crowd started leaving 20mins before the end , all Broncos supporters. Star Studded players failed to respond,losing 7 from 8 with departing assistants bailing says it all.

There was a moment in yesterday's game where it seemed like the atmosphere was completely sucked out of my lounge room and all I could hear was:

0:47.

It's always been tough being a fan. There's clearly some fans on here who care more about the club than some players do. They get 40,000+ fans and have an opportunity to inspire more young people to represent the club only to give half-hearted efforts.

The game in general is having a difficult time achieving a balance. As we became more enlightened about concussions, we were always going to see a reaction from the NRL. We were always going to have to compromise the product, especially after the McKinnon and Ackerman incidents, which is fine because we needed to learn from them.

However we haven't seen any improvement in the quality of the officiating. The MRC is a lottery, the transfer system is a joke and clubs are actively discouraged from developing players. Clubs are rewarded for gaming the system and instead of working with the pathways to ensure there's a strong pipeline of talent, the NRL just seems interested in placating their television partners and the government by including more teams.

More teams, so the commentators can plug more shows and create more talking points about who's hot and who's not like it's Women's Weekly.

It's still the best sport in the world and every so often the administrators stay out of the way to let that shine through. However they constantly have to tinker and find ways to ruin the product.

Credit to them, they've managed to convince more people that the game is better than ever. We'll see how long that lasts.

Last season, we were willing to work hard every game.

Disciplined. Working hard for each other. Switched on mentally and super fit. Worked hard as a TEAM regardless of the talent we have.

This season we are utter garbage. We can use excuses such as our injury toll, origin etc. but what it really boils down to is the team doesn't want or care to dig deep and work hard for one another.

Absolutely pathetic.

This game has become like WWE, the six again has turned this game into something horrendous.

Hmmm ,,, I couldn`t recall one 6 again from the Broncos v Bulldogs .
I looked it up . 1 ruck infringement by the Bulldogs !

So that shoots down that complaint . Next ?!

Tell you what though, if he'd have pulled it off it would've been the greatest Haas try in history

That was the biggest sign of ill discipline I have seen from the Broncos in a while .
More than once during the game I thought Payne could have passed to create an advantage . Instead he would hesitate and go again himself . No faith in the system or team mates .

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • azza.79
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Tristan1990
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • eggstar10
  • Lurker
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.