POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

There’s no way Cobbo was fit going into this game, he looked way off the pace.

He is our version of Latrell Mitchell. I think he is a lazy trainer.

I think that's why he wasn't picked in Origin 2.

We’ve heard a lot from our club that we’re in the business of winning premierships but we’re yet to see any actions that suggest that is true. All talk! Some of us have spent thousands of $$ on supporting the team every year and over the last 20 we have not received value for money that’s for sure.

I don't know much about running a sporting team, but I know this for certain: if a player isn't listening to the coach, you get rid of that player; if the team isn't listening to the coach, you get rid of that coach.
Exactly
This is why I have had the shits for 2 months
Things don’t just magically get fixed all by themselves
Something has to change, I don’t know what that something is, but changing nothing is certainly not going to work

Change some players?
Change the coach?
Change the training?
Change literally anything
Anyone who thinks this problem magically goes away all on its own is delusional

We’ve heard a lot from our club that we’re in the business of winning premierships but we’re yet to see any actions that suggest that is true. All talk! Some of us have spent thousands of $$ on supporting the team every year and over the last 20 we have not received value for money that’s for sure.
We were…
Suncorp used to be a fortress…
Now we regularly dish up absolute garbage at home to a packed house
For too many years we have overpaid entitled, spoiled players who want it all and have achieved literally nothing

E.g Walsh wants to be paid more money than any single panthers player that just won 3 premierships?
That has to be a joke right

Why do we keep doing this to our hearts though! Seems so crazy that we invest so much into a football team. Imagine if we invested the time into something actually useful!

Watching the Roosters play and wow they look sharp. We haven’t looked even remotely close to that this year.
Been like that since round one.
Our seasons has been over for 3 months.
Forwards win game, backs decide by how much, unfortunately for us our forwards lack the mongrel required.
I still watch but I'm astounded the TV is still in one piece.

I know your pain
I was there when Sims dropped the ball in 08
I was there when Beale broke lockys face in 11
I was there when Hunt dropped the ball in 15
and Cleary scored that last try right in front of me in the GF last year
Hmm might be time to stop going for all our sakes lol jkjk

I don't know how to value Walsh in dollars, but without him we're spooners. He's trying to do everything because no one else is capable. He's the least of our worries.
No offence but this attitude is why we are stuffed
We need cohesion, we need a champion team not a team of champions
How are we going to win a comp with all our money sunk into a fullback and nothing going on around him ?
His is worth big dollars for sure, but not the highest paid in the comp, no way
Swap Walsh for 3 journeyman forwards and I can assure you we would not be 13th

Nor would we make the 8.

Patty and Reece are who we need to build the club around.
Look at the Dolphins and the dogs mate
Reserve grade fullbacks are looking like stars because the engine room is laying the platform
I’m not saying get rid of Walsh at all but for 1.5 million I’m sorry goodbye, he can never live up to that price tag unless he gets shifted into the halves

Look at the Dolphins and the dogs mate
Reserve grade fullbacks are looking like stars because the engine room is laying the platform
I’m not saying get rid of Walsh at all but for 1.5 million I’m sorry goodbye, he can never live up to that price tag unless he gets shifted into the halves
How much money do you pay to keep him?

No offence but this attitude is why we are stuffed
We need cohesion, we need a champion team not a team of champions
How are we going to win a comp with all our money sunk into a fullback and nothing going on around him ?
His is worth big dollars for sure, but not the highest paid in the comp, no way
Swap Walsh for 3 journeyman forwards and I can assure you we would not be 13th
There should be things going on around Walsh with this roster though. We don't need to be blowing it up, just getting more out of it then we are.

There should be things going on around Walsh with this roster though. We don't need to be blowing it up, just getting more out of it then we are.
If we are to overspend on one player it should be Walsh. Unfortunately, we have overspent on quite a few others. Oddly, one who isn't overpaid is Patty.

If we are to overspend on one player it should be Walsh. Unfortunately, we have overspent on quite a few others. Oddly, one who isn't overpaid is Patty.
We shouldn’t overspend on anyone. Why would we deliberately make a mistake?

We shouldn’t overspend on anyone. Why would we deliberately make a mistake?
If you want to build a club around a marquee player, you might need to pay above market to retain them. Walsh has serious star power. That's just as valuable to the club off the field. As everyone knows, it isn't how much they need to pay him: it's fitting him under a cap.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Robboi_321
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • PETERN
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ettybay
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.