Round 21 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Pre-Match Discussion

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Reed selection ranks right up there as the worst selection of the season, surpassing Stagg & Hoffman @ 6. Hopefully he's learned from it because it was clear as day it was a mistake.

I'd have Granville come in for him and Kennedy come in for Lowrie.

Kennedy does have to lift a bit more. I thought some of his attempts in defence were pretty soft against the Warriors. Considering all the drama off-the field he doesn't really deserve too much benefit of the doubt either.

It wasn't so long ago you were calling it the best option available.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
You guys wanted Kennedy dropped for 20 weeks and shipped out- now Hook is an idiot for doing it.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It wasn't so long ago you were calling it the best option available.

Which is why this Reed selection surpasses it.

1910 said:
You guys wanted Kennedy dropped for 20 weeks and shipped out- now Hook is an idiot for doing it.

"The coach doesn't drop nonperforming players" (that we like)

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
what do you guys expect ... he's been sacked, he hasn't got much left to lose and can play his favorites now

Try and exit whilst proving the board wrong perhaps?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Kennedy finally put in a decent performance in Broncos colours, therefore he deserved another shot IMO.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
What gets me is I rarely if ever see the media criticize Hook for such poor selections. He like Josh Hoffman seem to get away with things because they are good blokes.

I saw the other day that Hoffman has had a starring roll at the Broncos this year at five-eight. I was on the train and actually laughed.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

When he wasn't performing we wanted him dropped. After a good performance we wanted him to stay.

Wow what a surprise, definitely worth belittling us over

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

We don't all share Hooks inability to change our opinions based on performance.

I'm personally pretty indifferent to the Kennedy situation but from what I've read here, the large majority of posters wanted Kennedy to come good or leave. In some of their opinions, he has started to come good.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
The way I view Kennedy is as such:

If you're gonna drop a player after 19 minutes then not play them for 10 weeks with all signs pointing to him being on the outer then of course we all want him gone, he's on a fair chunk of cap space as well so it would make sense to get rid of him.

Then you play him again and realise we could use his size if we're going to continue to give him another shot.

Then after that one game he gets dropped for Jack fucking Reed who offers absolutely nothing.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
When he wasn't performing we wanted him dropped. After a good performance we wanted him to stay.

Wow what a surprise, definitely worth belittling us over

Guess it's lucky he wasn't shipped off to Siberia then.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

Wait...is Hook taking coaching tips from BHQ???

.......nah, can't be. Carry on.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I'd have Granville come in for him and Kennedy come in for Lowrie.

Kennedy does have to lift a bit more. I thought some of his attempts in defence were pretty soft against the Warriors. Considering all the drama off-the field he doesn't really deserve too much benefit of the doubt either.

I like both these suggestions. I fear though that Granville has played his last game for the Broncos. Still holding out hope Kennedy gets a game as he offers more than Lowrie off the bench.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I like both these suggestions. I fear though that Granville has played his last game for the Broncos. Still holding out hope Kennedy gets a game as he offers more than Lowrie off the bench.

How does Kennedy offer more?

Both offer exactly the same to me

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
How does Kennedy offer more?

Both offer exactly the same to me

I think Lowrie is wasted on the bench. He's more of a work horse type of player than an impact one. He should either start and play as much game time as possible with maybe a short spell or not at all. He'll never unseat Gillett, Glenn or Thaiday though so it's a bit of a wasted selection. It's like we're starting with 16 men down already, hard to fathom. Kennedy might give us a bit more punch but it's a longshot.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Hunt looked pretty bloody filthy with himself after that loss to Melbourne. I'm going to call it, he will have a blinder on Friday night.

xc3the.jpg

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Selecting a balanced team and completing the first set will go a long bloody way.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
1 Hoffman
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Kahu
6 Barba
7 Hunt
8 Hannant
9 McCullough
10 Kennedy
11 Gillett
12 Thaiday
13 Parker
14 Granville
15 Mcquire
16 Oates
17 Hala/Molo
Now that's my idea of a better balance. The only change I'd make to that is swapping Thaiday for McGuire in the starting side. McGuires the perfect size and mobility for a second rower and it would send Thaiday a message that he is close to being shown the door. Lazy and penalty prone. Kahu/ Maranta ...mmmm Marantas been good generally.....

Active Now

• mrslong
  • eggstar10
  • phoenix
  • Lostboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Kev_Guz
  • BooKhaki
  • Bish
  • jarro65
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.