PRE-GAME Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

completely disagree ...

TPJ has been struggling with injuries for several weeks ... we need him at 100% for the finals ... I would rather us rest him and give him a week to get himself right, rather than risk him either further injuring himself or lose him completely

They may have rested him as a precaution, but I get the feeling TPJ isn’t quite as bad as some seem to think...

They may have rested him as a precaution, but I get the feeling TPJ isn’t quite as bad as some seem to think...

Zeus and the spaghetti monster forgive you tevita. Not sure about the others...

Doesn't really show anything, no leg exercises, which is where all of his niggling injuries have occurred.

Those hanging curls wouldn’t be done if there was a serious problem with the hammies, I’d suggest...

Last edited:
Those hanging curls wouldn’t be done if there was a serious problem with the hammies, I’d suggest...

I don't even know what that exercise was, I believe it was an extremely poor attempt at a hanging leg raise, which is a core / ab exercise and doesn't use your hammies at all.

Isn't it a groin problem and not a hammy problem?

Or both?

Either way I don't care. If the medical staff think he's good to play, or he should be rested, I'll roll with that. They're probably acutely aware of how important he is and would not risk him missing more games just to get him playing against the Bulldogs.

Or both?

Either way I don't care. If the medical staff think he's good to play, or he should be rested, I'll roll with that. They're probably acutely aware of how important he is and would not risk him missing more games just to get him playing against the Bulldogs.

I vaguely recall him having niggling hammy, groin and calf problems at different points of his career so far.

Don't skip leg day kids.

Or both?

During the match against the Sharks, Lockyer described it as an injury effecting the fibres around the hamstring near it attaches to the upper leg and not the actual hamstring itself. Wtf any of that means I don’t know but maybe someone else will find some value in that info.

Flegler only got through 17 minutes yesterday and injured.
Carrigan 47 minutes at prop and 177m of ugly carries with 20 tackles.

After the game, he went live on Instagram, he said to the medical staff everyone thinks its my hammys, its my groin, he jokes and said 'my bodys falling apart'. so id say its both.

Flegler only got through 17 minutes yesterday and injured.
Carrigan 47 minutes at prop and 177m of ugly carries with 20 tackles.
Mago played big minutes in the 2nd row? Do you know what side he played on and how he went? particularly defensively.

Im guessing it was a request from bennett to check him as an option for the 2nd row this weekend or soon with our inuries

Mago played big minutes in the 2nd row? Do you know what side he played on and how he went? particularly defensively.

Im guessing it was a request from bennett to check him as an option for the 2nd row this weekend or soon with our inuries

He had to play bigger minutes, they lost Flegler after 17 minutes and a forward down. He played 75 minutes came off for five minutes at the end and then back on. A one on one steal was his highlight.

He played on the right.

Glenn Aims For Shock Comeback

broncos.com.au

Mon 30 Jul 2018, 12:53 PM

ALEX Glenn says he is 'confident' he can prove his fitness to face the Bulldogs on Thursday after it was first feared he had a broken wrist.
Glenn left the field early in Thursday's 12-10 win over the Sharks.
Medical staff were certain he had broken his wrist, but scans taken on the night showed no signs of a fracture.
He does have some internal damage to his wrist but after getting through training this morning at the Clive Berghofer Centre, has put himself in the frame to play in Sydney.
"It went well this morning," said Glenn straight after training today.
"I didn't do any contact out there because I don't want to push it too hard too early.
"But I was able to function well and pass and catch the ball.
"There is some pain there, but if I can get through training on Wednesday I am pretty confident I can play."
It is a huge turnaround for Glenn and great news for the Broncos.
Both he and medical staff were certain his wrist was broken after Glenn took some friendly fire from five-eighth Anthony Milford.
"I was tackling Valentine Holmes and Milf's shoulder came in and hit me right on the joint," he explained.
"I lost feeling straight away and couldn't squeeze or anything.
"That is why we thought it was broken."
In other injury news, Tevita Pangai junior trained in the gym today as the Broncos manage a groin complaint.
It is not the same hamstring injury that gave him trouble last month, and he is on track to play against the Dogs.
Kotoni Staggs also did not train after playing 80 minutes of Intrust Super Cup for the Redcliffe Dolphins on Saturday.
He was made eligible to play after not getting on the field for the Broncos on Thursday night.

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/07/30/glenn-aims-for-shock-comeback/

Good to hear Glenn wont miss any games, we can't afford any more long-term injuries to experienced players.

Interesting the last part of that article re:Staggs [emoji848]

Bulldogs prop David Klemmer is out of the match against the Broncos in Sydney on Thursday.
Klemmer was today suspended for the game after taking an early guilty plea from an incident involving former teammate Moses Mbye in last Friday night's clash at ANZ Stadium.
He was charged with dangerous contact after a late hit on Wests Tigers fullback Mbye late in the Bulldogs' 16-4 upset win.
If Klemmer had fought the charge at the judiciary unsuccessfully, he faced sitting out two matches due to carry-over points and prior offences.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • PETERN
  • Xzei
  • Scorchie
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Galco
  • Tim K
  • Old Mate
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.