PRE-GAME Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I have no doubt the boys will achieve success Thurs. night and will significantly improve their +/-. The Dogs are nothing more than a NSW Cup squad with the least experienced spine in the comp. I'm tipping a 36-14 scoreline and look for it to be the "breakout" match for one Dave Fafita.

Last edited:
Round21Team

What happened to turpin ?

Didn't play the best for Reddy in the weekend but none of them did. Probably the worst of our Redcliffe players from his performance on the weekend is still in the 21 so not so sure how much they look at ISC form.

What happened to turpin ?

They seem to want McCullough to play the full 80 minutes (while making 50+ tackles). Even though we've always looked better with an impact hooker coming on.

Or maybe Wayne thinks our backs bodies are kept together by glue and sticky tape, and we need a centre/winger cover on the bench.

Last edited:
Looks like Opacic has completely dropped down the pecking order.

They seem to want McCullough to play the full 80 minutes (while making 50+ tackles). Even though we've always looked better with an impact hooker coming on.

Or maybe Wayne thinks our backs bodies are kept together by glue and sticky tape, and we need a centre/winger cover on the bench.

To be fair, we have very often needed to use our bench back.

Looks like Opacic has completely dropped down the pecking order.

With Boyd moving to centre opacic doesn't really fit in to the squad. Staggs provides more utility value and more impact I think.

With Boyd moving to centre opacic doesn't really fit in to the squad. Staggs provides more utility value and more impact I think.

It's been an agreed move to get him some regular football which he hasn't really had in the first part of the season. Apart from the game against Ipswich his form has been strong, scoring tries and has come up with some good defence. Don't think it's doing him any harm at all.

Do agree about Staggs though, although he has pretty poor on the weekend.

Last edited:
Both staggs and opacic have improvement in them but staggs especially is very young. I wouldn't be casting either of them aside yet, but opacic is probably the more susceptible at contract end. He's a good defender though and I think the value of that is underestimated.
Staggs is a future spine player from what I can see (distant future admittedly), but you still need quality players to fill gaps in centre and from the others tried it's not just a matter of picking an athlete or big body.
I wouldn't mind opacic being used in the 2nd row at times from the bench too, particularly in games where petrol has been used up early on. Admittedly a mago on the bench would be better but if thrown into the centres as stopgaps our bench 2nd rowers have been found wanting against better halves.
I'd be pushing for his isc club to give him some time there and see how he performs. Maybe they've done it? I wouldn't know.

I have no doubt the boys will achieve success Thurs. night and will significantly improve their +/-. The Dogs are nothing more than a NSW Cup squad with the least experienced spine in the comp. I'm tipping a 36-14 scoreline and look for it to be the "breakout" match for one Dave Fafita.

Fifita was really impressive against a tough Sharks pack, if that wasn't his breakout game I'm excited to see it.

Glad to see Glenn is OK. He's been sneaking under the radar but he has been playing really tough football this season.

For some reason this is the one game on my tipping card that I really don't feel confident about this week.

We're coming off two impressive wins against premiership contenders while the Dogs have just ambushed one of the toughest teams in the competition.

Klemmer is a big loss for their pack, if we keep Hopoate quiet we should win comfortably. I don't think it will be easy so I'm going with Broncos by 4.

This is a game we should win, but who knows what happens to this team when they travel to Sydney.

To me the dogs spine doesn't offer a whole lot of points so we have to make sure it doesn't turn into a low scoring slog fest. Unfortunately their defence still appears to be quite good including the halves so I'm hoping we don't to just try to run block plays to get around them.

A few weeks back Holland was a serious liability in defence so that may be the area to attack when compared to the twins on the other side.

Klemmer is a massive loss for them it's usually him making +200m in this game and skittling our middle defense.

Im a little worried about us clocking off and losing this game but i think the warriors game and the fact the bulldogs beat the tigers should wake us up enough to not clock off.

Im more worried about the cowboys game being the game we lose that we shouldnt. Thurstons last game against us and the derby...... the cowboys will turn it on despite their form, if we fall into the trap of looking at the ladder and we dont turn up we will get smashed...

If we put a couple of quick tries on early that’s the key to win. With a young and inexperienced spine worried about scoring points they are sure to fail.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Morepudding
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.