PRE-GAME Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Ninger, how come it take you 3.5 to get there an only 2 hour to get home? How do you make up one an half hour on way home, drive faster ?

Maybe when your motivated to get out of there quick you find ways to cut down the time? :biggrin:

It would have to be a pretty bad screw job if the Broncos come up short tonight. The reality is if it's a Doggie victory= Brisbane a total non-contender.

Way to jinx it. If we lose I'm blaming you.

Hopefully we can get a decent lead tonight so we can see a bit more of Kotoni. I'd love to see him given a run in the back row.

Ninger, how come it take you 3.5 to get there an only 2 hour to get home? How do you make up one an half hour on way home, drive faster ?
Coz he does leave from home prolly. More than likely he's leaving from work or somewhere else which is obvs further from the ground.

I think Benny will want them to play cautious mistake free footy with the goal of making sure the defence is solid and working together. We'll hopefully then take our chances as they present themselves. I also think the Snarks game will have given them another wee bit of self-belief so expect things to 'stick'. I'm looking for 20 or 21 completed sets out of 21 for the first half and our lowest number of missed tackles so far this season.

May not seem like it, but I reckon this is a season defining match. If we lose or barely scrape together a tight win, we're cooked. If we come out and thrash them, we're going deep this year.

Other than an injury, it’s the only way I can see him getting any game time. He does seem too small for second row, but I haven’t seen him IRL.

In terms of build maybe, but he is actually taller than Glenn. Plus he is tough enough to come in for a spell from the bench. I'd have no worries with him being there. When i've talked to him second row is where he sees himself. Doesnt like the bench utility role which is a bit of a worry, but its ideal for him for now.

Last edited:
Had my heart (& pretzels) on the line a month ago,,, we got spanked by the Kiwis.that hurt
I put the cue (& my heart) in the rack.
The next week, 50 on Penrith. Awesome attack.
Then, a magnificent grinding defensive win over the Sharks.
Awesome!
Got my heart back on my sleeve for this one. If... "IF" we bring the best of the last two weeks to this game... We can beat anyone. Anyone!
On a wing & a prayer, Broncos 54 nill.

On a wing & a prayer, Broncos 54 nill.

images

In terms of build maybe, but he is actually taller than Glenn. Plus he is tough enough to come in for a spell from the bench. I'd have no worries with him being there. When i've talked to him second row is where he sees himself. Doesnt like the bench utility role which is a bit of a worry, but its ideal for him for now.
I wonder which way he'll go... looks agile and quick enough to be a quality center (in the form of esan marsters except staggs looks quicker) or if he bulks a bit he could become a very dangerous edge forward.

Last edited:
If we’re fair dinkum, we will thrash the Bulldogs.

However, we aren’t and the Bulldogs are going to turn up against us like they have a knack of doing and will come away with a win in a tight one.

Tonight you will see one of the worst Broncos performances in a while where we just keep making stupid errors and can’t get into any kind of rhythm whatsoever.

We will be very disjointed.

However, we aren’t and the Bulldogs are going to turn up against us like they have a knack of doing and will come away with a win in a tight one.

Tonight you will see one of the worst Broncos performances in a while where we just keep making stupid errors and can’t get into any kind of rhythm whatsoever.

Ha ha what you doing while the game's on then? By the sounds of it you might as well not bother.

I love you freaky! Here's hoping we're fair dinkum!
:aplastao:

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/08/02/late-mail---broncos-v-Bulldogs/

WAYNE Bennett has settled on the final make-up of the Broncos' team to face the Bulldogs in Sydney tonight.
The side will go as per program, which will include one slight change from the win over the Sharks last week.
Matt Lodge will start the match against the Dogs in the front row, while Joe Ofahengaue will come off the interchange bench.
Ofahengaue actually started against the Sharks in place of Lodge last Thursday.
BRONCOS' FINAL NRL TEAM
1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Darius Boyd ©
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Tevita Pangai
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
14. Kotoni Staggs
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Korbin Sims
17. David Fifita

Last edited:
Should not. Can not. Lose this game. No excuses at the business end.

We don't need another backrower, make him a center.

We don't need another backrower, make him a center.

You can't just make him a center unless he wants do do it himself. His pathways to center and backrow could well be the reason he could end up leaving at some point to be quite honest. He really doesn't want to be that bench utility. If Boyd keeps playing well at center, I can see him finishing his career there so if he stays fit that's a spot tied up, and he won't moves Roberts. I actually think we could end up struggling for a bit of depth in the backs tbh.

I like him at back row, he always looks so much better there when I've seen him but he has got his hands full getting past Glenn, Gillett, Sua and Fifita.

Younger blokes these days don't seem to have the patience to hand around.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.