PRE-GAME Round 21 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

From memory, the earlier game this season was most memorable for our players getting sniped from the stands every time we tried to gather the ball.

I haven't seen that happen for a while, so I'm assuming the culprits have been caught and locked up. If we don't play down to their level, we should win by 12+.

For some reason this is the one game on my tipping card that I really don't feel confident about this week.

We're coming off two impressive wins against premiership contenders while the Dogs have just ambushed one of the toughest teams in the competition.

Klemmer is a big loss for their pack, if we keep Hopoate quiet we should win comfortably. I don't think it will be easy so I'm going with Broncos by 4.

It's the danger of playing against a young side. They will be excited to play against a club like the broncos and can easily pull off flukey ass plays. They have nothing to lose

This is a challenge for our young pack. If they can go out and absolutely dominate, which they should after dealing with the Sharks' pack last week, then we should put a score on them. Conversely, if they take it for granted they have the win banked and take it easy we will either lose or scrape a win. This is the game for a statement.

Personally I'm hoping they use this game to build some consistency in the way we approach games.
Keep them in their own half and build pressure early. Take the repeat sets when on offer early and don't try to be over-ambitious in our own half, until we have built a platform (worn down our opponents with repeat sets, angled runs and even early kicks to trap them).
Come later in the halves, give free reign to the creativity of our backs, let the natural skill of our forwards shine, but be prepared to play some no-frills football if they trap us for some repeat sets.
I'd rather win 10-0 than 40-30, because it will mean we have played the kind of football that will beat anyone.

This is a challenge for our young pack. If they can go out and absolutely dominate, which they should after dealing with the Sharks' pack last week.
We didn't really dominate the sharks pack... they were waltzing down the middle third making 60m+ a set. Our goal line defence is what saved us.

It didn't appear that our forwards were making a whole lot of yardage either.

Both teams completed horribly and when sharks did complete the defence stood up or their attack was nonthreatening.

Dogs pack had very quick ruck speed last week, which is our Achilles heel, but a fair chunk of that comes off the back of Klemmer.

We didn't really dominate the sharks pack... they were waltzing down the middle third making 60m+ a set. Our goal line defence is what saved us.

It didn't appear that our forwards were making a whole lot of yardage either.

Both teams completed horribly and when sharks did complete the defence stood up or their attack was nonthreatening.

Dogs pack had very quick ruck speed last week, which is our Achilles heel, but a fair chunk of that comes off the back of Klemmer.

I agree but I think there was a good reason for that, the Sharks kept getting flukey and lucky back-to-back sets late in tackle counts. The ball bounced their way or they just managed to get a lucky roll which meant the Broncs were defending on their line constantly, didn't leave a whole lot of gas for attack.

I agree but I think there was a good reason for that, the Sharks kept getting flukey and lucky back-to-back sets late in tackle counts. The ball bounced their way or they just managed to get a lucky roll which meant the Broncs were defending on their line constantly, didn't leave a whole lot of gas for attack.
That he broncos can sometimes be their own worst enemies with drop balls early in sets after repeated goal line defence. Ive seen it too often to dismiss as bad luck, though it was a fair point in the Sharks game.
We don't value dominating possession early in the game enough. It really has huge consequences to the match result. I don't think I've seen a convincing game yet when it has happened to us (although we can scrape a win) and we absolutely flogged the last team when we did.

Also, we better not fucking lose. ANZ Stadium is a fucking shithole and it's going to be fucking freezing. Already second guessing my decision to go haha, but I've bought me ticket!

Ben Freaking Cummins the lead Ref. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::laser-kill:

Hope the fuckhead doesn't screw us time and again.

Last edited:
Ben Freaking Cummins the lead Ref. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::laser-kill:

Hope the fuckhead doesn't screw us time and again.
It would have to be a pretty bad screw job if the Broncos come up short tonight. The reality is if it's a Doggie victory= Brisbane a total non-contender.

It would have to be a pretty bad screw job if the Broncos come up short tonight. The reality is if it's a Doggie victory= Brisbane a total non-contender.

Absolutely. Non of this (non) danger game non-sense. If we don't win this one, and win it well (not necessarily a big score, but just never a chance of losing) we aren't contenders.

That said, we often have to beat the refs. Part of the game.

Nah, you guys are a bit too panicky. We're paying 2.25 for 13+, pile on it.

Pangai and Staggs both cleared to play.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be going to this.

3.5 hour drive to get there. 2 hour drive home afterwards. Up at 6am Friday for the 1.75 hour drive to work.

The things you do for love.

Ninger, how come it take you 3.5 to get there an only 2 hour to get home? How do you make up one an half hour on way home, drive faster ?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • cento
  • Gympie devil
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.