vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Throw oates in 2nd row for this game. Staggs onto wing, TPJ to have a rest

Throw oates in 2nd row for this game. Staggs onto wing, TPJ to have a rest
The Broncos can't afford to just rest him. There are no "gimme" games and as we have seen recently, the Broncos are very reliant on his presence of which Bennett is fully aware. He has a week to mend his wounds. It is all part and parcel of being a pro League player.

The Broncos can't afford to just rest him. There are no "gimme" games and as we have seen recently, the Broncos are very reliant on his presence of which Bennett is fully aware. He has a week to mend his wounds. It is all part and parcel of being a pro League player.

I often agree with a lot of the things you say but not this.

It is a non discussion that he needs to be rested, his hamstring has not appeared to settle - its ludicrous to risk him now.

We can beat the dogs without him, especially with Boyd in at centre and Isaako Fb our defence seems to have stiffened up.

Last edited:
I often agree with a lot of the things you say but not this.

It is a non discussion that he needs to be rested, his hamstring has not appeared to settle - its ludicrous to risk him now.

We can beat the dogs without him, especially with Boyd in at centre and Isaako Fb our defence seems to have stiffened up.
He fared pretty well for a guy with an unsettled hammy. The current injury toll means if he is able, he will take his place in the lineup. Maybe he can wrap the game up again in 30 mins and take an early shower.

He fared pretty well for a guy with an unsettled hammy. The current injury toll means if he is able, he will take his place in the lineup. Maybe he can wrap the game up again in 30 mins and take an early shower.

That is not the point, the potential for further injury is there...I don't think its wise, we wont need him against the dogs.

I really think the broncos need to show more effort to play the game in their opponents' half and play for some repeat sets.
In the beginning 20 minutes or so, repeat sets seem to have minimal impact and I'd agree with those that say scoring points is more important to a point. But the better teams like the storm are hard to crack any day, let alone when you're tired from one of their drawn out attacking raids.
A willingness to play the percentages in those first 25 minutes with both field position and continued posession has a huge impact though 30 minutes or so onwards and then again 65 minutes onwards in the 2nd half.
If you watch our games where we have given over the ball early at the start, it is at those points in the match, our forwards lose their impact. When we have dominated early possession , we rarely get beaten.
To add to that our younger player have enough skill to be dangerous early without taking exorbitant risks. Whilst running the ball on later tackles can make sense against tiring teams, there have been times early on where Milford and to a lesser extent knik have hit brick walls in defence. I saw it a couple of times against the Sharks.
Sometimes early on we would be a lot better either showing some patience on their line or alternatively playing to their corners when further out, and leaving the fancy stuff for an obvious weakness or when they tire.
It has been our great defence that has papered over these deficiencies of tactics at times but I worry the better teams might make us pay for it in the long run.

As an aside, watching Dogs playing Tigers. Got to be 1500 people there. Gunna givem some stick next week.

Jesus if we don’t beat the dogs next week I will literally smash every bit of glass in my house. They are so bad. If we were full strength I’d would have expected a 18+ win but I’ll wait to see what team we name on Tuesday before I go making any judgment

Klemmer's shoulder charge on Mbye resulted in him being taken off for an HIA. I reckon in the real world he has a case to answer at the judiciary and should miss next week. Just saying like.

Jesus if we don’t beat the dogs next week I will literally smash every bit of glass in my house. They are so bad. If we were full strength I’d would have expected a 18+ win but I’ll wait to see what team we name on Tuesday before I go making any judgment

Have you watched tonight? Of course the Dogs find form now...

Active Now

• Midean
  • Volvo Driver
  • Broncorob
  • Palmer Wapau Fanclub
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • westy316
  • DMZ
  • Brotherdu
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • Gray
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ell.d33
  • Justwin
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.