Round 21 Discussion

Roosters/Bulldogs was a weird ol' game.

It will certainly go down as one of the more memorable games of the year, but I couldn't really vouch for it's quality. I thought both teams try scoring spurts really weren't all that deserved. Rather, poor reads or efforts in defence made the job surprisingly easy for the team with the football leading to both teams scoring 22 and 28 points respectively.

It reminded me somewhat of those Football games where you get to pick a scenario. It doesn't matter how it got there, you just find it at 28-22, with one team having all the momentum and the other having to wrestle it back. At that point, I thought the Roosters did very well, albeit, I don't know if it was through great team-work, individual brilliance or luck. I thought the forwards played well...Warea-Hargreaves, Cordner, Taukeiaho, Napa etc. really earned their money but the gameplan looked really wack. In fact, the try that got them back into the game shouldn't have been scored. They took the wrong option but Ferguson made it work and his efforts with the football are just incredible.

And the Jennings put-down was sensational.

Still, there's something about this Roosters side that makes me think they're playing for second. It feels like I'm watching Clubber Lang, and not Rocky Balboa. They're the team that gets beaten to legitimise the true champions, like they were last year and say the Dragons were in 2005.

Not sure why...

I suppose a night like tonight does lend itself to that thought pattern, because it can go one of two ways. Either, it gives Sydney the confidence they can win a game in that scenario. Or it exposes a few weaknesses that a better team can exploit and not hand over points as cheaply.

The Roosters left hand fringe in particular looks very shaky.

We shall see but for the time being, it's certainly a match worth rewatching for any casual fan.

In the mean time, I see the Tigers ended up winning by 18. The complete 180 on my prediction. Sounds like they had one of those nights the Tigers like they did in Round 8 (vs Bulldogs 38-14) and Round 14 (vs Rabbitohs 34-6). I won't be watching the replay on 9 but I'll be interested to see what happened. Especially to Melbourne as I very rarely see them get beaten this comprehensively (without some caveat attatched eg. missing Origin players, backing up etc.)

That Roosters right edge is more vulnerable for mine, we 'll have a field day there with Milf and Reed. Does JWH ever not tunnel ball it?

Aye, in my waffling, I was thinking of where the ball was going instead of who had it.

That's good news for Brisbane & North Queensland.

The thing is, as good as Ferguson is with the ball, he is the binary opposite without it.

If Blairs non shoulder charge was a grade 2 ... then what will Evans shoulder charge on Kasiano be graded as.

If Blairs non shoulder charge was a grade 2 ... then what will Evans shoulder charge on Kasiano be graded as.

It won't be a Grade 2.

It's a Grade 2 when contact is made with the head. No contact was made with the head and Kasiano was able to play on.

It will be a Grade 1 and he will cop a week. That's it.

I loved it. Wish there were still moments like that in the game without repercussions.

Yeah, the the no shoulder charges rule is Baby Geniuses 2. It's really bad.

Kasiano didn't have a problem with it.

He was applauding it.

The fans loved it. They should bring it back.

It only takes one player to threaten legal action to ruin the fun.

Sam Moa dislocated wrist.

He'll get an operation and that should surely rule him out of the Broncos game.

So... Robbie Farah is the game's best hooker again... ?

My tips for today.

Warriors
Raiders
Broncos

I think Raiders will cause an upset tonight. They are desperate to play in the finals and a win will see them leapfrog the Bulldogs in the 8 on PD. I think they will want it more.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is Ikahihifo slowing the Warriors attack down every time he gets the ball. It's almost like the video goes to slow motion... :noidea:

Some of the best little man on big man tackles you will ever see...Jeff Robson, a bloke described on BHQ as the worst halfback in the game

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Stix
  • kman
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.