Roosters

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I think by the GF it will be pretty obvious who does and doesn't get picked if we were to make it. But just think the players we have to try and fit in to 4 spots.

Smoothy
Paix
Hetherington
Taupau
Jensen
Palasia
Piakura
Willison

Thats before realising that Arthars will likely miss out (I don't think 18 man is eligible for a ring unless they get minutes). Personally I think Paix brings more from the bench so if he gets a sniff between now and the end of the season he might get the spot back. Hetho is a certainty so the equation really turns into Taupau, Jensen, Palasia, Piakura and Willison becoming 2 and If Piakura stays as a starter and either Capewell or Riki move to the bench its 4 quality middles fighting for 1 bench spot. It's so complicated and I can't see exactly what 8-17 will exactly look like but by the end of the regular season you'd have to think its pretty obvious who is and isn't going to be in contention for the games unless large injury/suspension numbers strike.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Thats before realising that Arthars will likely miss out (I don't think 18 man is eligible for a ring unless they get minutes). Personally I think Paix brings more from the bench so if he gets a sniff between now and the end of the season he might get the spot back. Hetho is a certainty so the equation really turns into Taupau, Jensen, Palasia, Piakura and Willison becoming 2 and If Piakura stays as a starter and either Capewell or Riki move to the bench its 4 quality middles fighting for 1 bench spot. It's so complicated and I can't see exactly what 8-17 will exactly look like but by the end of the regular season you'd have to think its pretty obvious who is and isn't going to be in contention for the games unless large injury/suspension numbers strike.
DD and co have done a fantastic job in the last 12 months. Our depth has never been better.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I think Palasia will be the one to drop out this week for Flegler.
Since round 7 he has only been brought into the side as a starting prop, which I think starting is his best position because he doesn't provide the same off the bench.
Palasia for Flegler is a straight swap and wouldn't change Kevvies bench rotation too much.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
(I don't think 18 man is eligible for a ring unless they get minutes)

There was an article a few years ago that said the winning team was given 17 GF rings (it could be 18 now, with the current HIA conditions). then if clubs wanted to, they could purchase others for players in the squad that didn't play in the GF

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
There was an article a few years ago that said the winning team was given 17 GF rings (it could be 18 now, with the current HIA conditions). then if clubs wanted to, they could purchase others for players in the squad that didn't play in the GF
That is exactly how it should be. I think all of the top 30 should feature in the premiership credentials in some way.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
“The Broncos will be without forward Martin Taupau for their next three games after he took the early guilty plea on a Grade Three Dangerous Contact offence from Friday night's win over the Rabbitohs.”

Dangerous Contact Offence?! So, it’s “intention” not claiming he ACTUALLY kneed him, coz he didn’t.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
No reason to keep Palasia over guys who I believe have been playing better and will be at the club next year.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Super confident after beating Souths.

The only game im worried about for the rest of the regular season is the Storm.
Previously the Rabbitohs had me concerned as well, but not anymore.

This side is good, and they are good more often than not this season.
And every side should be worried about facing us because we win games.

And even when we are behind at half time, we come back and win, when just two seasons ago we conceded huge points if we trailed at half time.

We will thump the Roosters convincingly.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Get all 30 of them rings! Dave Donaghy deserves one too.
When we win this year, the whole organisation should get one!!
Going forward, the top 30 might be a bit rich, but any player that played for the winning team throughout the year, regardless of whether they played 1 or 20+ games should get one. They have all contributed to the team’s success one way or another.
ALL the coaching staff should get a ring too. Not the “guest” one off coach, but the staff who are there week in week out.
Imagine missing a ring if you do your ACL in round 26 and you played every game prior.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Flegler is clearly in the best 17 though. This is different to Palasia who is one of several very good depth options.
Yeah I know.
Still should cut him as punishment… 😂😂
You sign somewhere else, you are telling us you no longer want to be here.
Of course, I am being facetious, but man it would be sweet to do a “Bennett on Hodges”

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm feeling the most confident going into a game than I have in a long time. We're in electric form, normally have the Rorters measure, playing at home, Taupau and Arthars fall out and Flegler and Mariner come straight in, we win well here and you can just about lock in a top 4 finish, and the rest of the season becomes a fight for top 2.

Kevvie Walters, take a bow.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I think Palasia will be the one to drop out this week for Flegler.
Since round 7 he has only been brought into the side as a starting prop, which I think starting is his best position because he doesn't provide the same off the bench.
Palasia for Flegler is a straight swap and wouldn't change Kevvies bench rotation too much.

I had a chuckle when Marty was asking Flegler when the Red Man was coming back .

He said this week , then Riki chimed in with the week after for his return .
Gonna be a tough decision chosing between Piakura and Riki . They both have lots of positives . My head says Piakura , heart says Riki .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • rj9
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • lakers133334
  • FACTHUNT
  • Evander
  • bazza
  • Gaz
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.