Roosters

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
I had a chuckle when Marty was asking Flegler when the Red Man was coming back .

He said this week , then Riki chimed in with the week after for his return .
Gonna be a tough decision chosing between Piakura and Riki . They both have lots of positives . My head says Piakura , heart says Riki .
Riki is easily the better option but the answer is you pick both. Capewell moves to 13 and piakura comes off the bench at the 20 minute mark. Similar to how they have done it earlier in the season

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I had a chuckle when Marty was asking Flegler when the Red Man was coming back .

He said this week , then Riki chimed in with the week after for his return .
Gonna be a tough decision chosing between Piakura and Riki . They both have lots of positives . My head says Piakura , heart says Riki .
I think we go back to what we were doing before Riki got injured...

11. Capewell (plays 30mins or so before Piakura comes on, then switches to middle)
12. Riki (80mins)

17. Piakura (50-60mins after Capewell moves to middle)

Gives the 17 jersey a purpose in the game and provides an option if an outside back goes down (Capewell, Riki or Piakura could move out one)

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Riki is easily the better option but the answer is you pick both. Capewell moves to 13 and piakura comes off the bench at the 20 minute mark. Similar to how they have done it earlier in the season
Do you think that moving players around in different positions during a match too much affects how the team gels as a whole? E.g. different positions, different skills, different combinations (and time spent building those combinations), etc.

I get that it can work to cover injuries (or in our case blood new players), but is it not better when I player 100% gets his role instead of having to half commit to multiple ones (especially as we approach the finals)?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, and these are professionals who can do it all. I just remember from my own sporting days, I was much better when allowed to perfect my 1 position in the team, compared to when I had to play multiple roles.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Do you think that moving players around in different positions during a match too much affects how the team gels as a whole? E.g. different positions, different skills, different combinations (and time spent building those combinations), etc.

I get that it can work to cover injuries (or in our case blood new players), but is it not better when I player 100% gets his role instead of having to half commit to multiple ones (especially as we approach the finals)?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, and these are professionals who can do it all. I just remember from my own sporting days, I was much better when allowed to perfect my 1 position in the team, compared to when I had to play multiple roles.
All I know is capewell missed alot less tackles defending in the middle than on an edge. But yeah I actually hate the thought of moving players out of position in any game.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
All I know is capewell missed alot less tackles defending in the middle than on an edge. But yeah I actually hate the thought of moving players out of position in any game.
Maybe they should just permanently put Capewell in the middle (might be a thing for next year).

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

Yeah this is my view. Whoever plays second row is intended to play there for 80 in my opinion. The leftover either isn’t in the side at all or more likely plays middle rotation and covers second row as emergency. Can’t change such an integral position mid way through the game just for someone to end up playing 60 minutes anyway. All 3 can play 80 at SR so thats what needs to be done.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah this is my view. Whoever plays second row is intended to play there for 80 in my opinion. The leftover either isn’t in the side at all or more likely plays middle rotation and covers second row as emergency. Can’t change such an integral position mid way through the game just for someone to end up playing 60 minutes anyway. All 3 can play 80 at SR so thats what needs to be done.
You could argue that it will impact defence to swap half way through more than it would impact a guy like Capewell who has proven on the biggest stages he is able to handle adjusting position mid game. Playing in the middle is pretty straight forward

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Easily the better option ???

Piakura has that foot work that leaves defenders grabbing at fresh air .
Riki chases kicks and defends really well .

Having both would be luxurious .

karuma

karuma

Jul 25, 2023
I reckon we lose Taupau, Arthars and maybe Mam, so next week I'd go:

1. Walsh
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Sailor
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Flegler
17. Willison
Thats still good for 13+

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
In another demonstration of the NRL's incompetence, they have scheduled this match at the same time the Aussies are playing Nigeria in the world cup at Lang Park.

You'd expect this decision by the NRL to not only affect crowd numbers, but also TV ratings.

And they can't put the blame on Fifa because the world cup draw was released before the NRL draw

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
You could argue that it will impact defence to swap half way through more than it would impact a guy like Capewell who has proven on the biggest stages he is able to handle adjusting position mid game. Playing in the middle is pretty straight forward
Yeah agreed. I’m not talking about the 3 players capability to play 2 positions effectively I’m talking about the entire teams ability to be most effective and most dangerous for 80 minutes and changing it at the 20 minute mark cause we are to scared to make the change permanent and rely on Piakura is the reason why it will bite us on the ass. Can’t expect halves to gel as well in attack and expect entire edges to function as well in defence when you change mid game. It gives the opposition a sniff they otherwise would never have gotten.

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016
who do we think will make the bench? Keenan or Willison

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
With Flegler back I think the role will be a short stint one so I can see Kevvie actually picking Willison for it over Palasia, Palasia has less impact but is more of a bigger minute middle.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah agreed. I’m not talking about the 3 players capability to play 2 positions effectively I’m talking about the entire teams ability to be most effective and most dangerous for 80 minutes and changing it at the 20 minute mark cause we are to scared to make the change permanent and rely on Piakura is the reason why it will bite us on the ass. Can’t expect halves to gel as well in attack and expect entire edges to function as well in defence when you change mid game. It gives the opposition a sniff they otherwise would never have gotten.
I get your point but rotating forwards mid game is a pretty normal thing. Most teams do it 8 times a game.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
As long as @Santa gets one too, since he is the reason our wishes would have come true.
Well I do need a new wedding ring (lost the old one). I'm sure the wife won't mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.