The Gabba

Thursday
Night
19:50

Roosters

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariner should come in for Arthurs and Flegler likely back for Marty. We don't lose anything there I don't think. Game on!

Piakuru also needs to come back in. One of Jensen or Willison to drop off - I hate to say it, but it might be Jensen.

When you've got a bunch of guys who are similarly performing well and by default one of them has to miss out, surely you punt the guy leaving which is Palasia.

I'd be running out:
1. Walsh
2. Mariner
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Flegler
17. Willison

Obviously I keep advocating for Mariner but Arthurs might rue his suspension. I think Mariner might make it very difficult for Jesse to get back in, I'm hoping so anyway.

Personally I would pick Sailor before Mariner.

If you have to drop anyone, it’s Palasia.
He’s leaving us, why develop him further?
Wilison is a must for game time, he could go to new heights.
Piakura? As one of the blokes calling for his head, he has come out and made me eat humble pie. Go you good thing, shine!

I think Flegler has been doing well this year but he's in the same boat as Palasia, maybe he gets a week in Q Cup to get the match fitness up?

Nooooooo. Sailor is a great player at Fullback and he would be at 6 but outside backs is a big fat no no when you have quality depth options coming out our ass. Like Hoeter and Pereira haven’t played a game this year.
Hard no for Sailor (love the guy) for anything other than 1 & 6. Agree @Fitzy, use the outside backs we have

yeah Sailor to the wing is questionable. While he could probably play there i would prefer a bigger body like Mariner there. As for the forwards, the reality is a case can be made for every single one of them. Palasia would be hard to drop on form, will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe whoever can cover multiple positions gets to stay.

Anyone got any info on when Oates is back? I was hoping next week, but I thought he may be a late inclusion this week.

yeah Sailor to the wing is questionable. While he could probably play there i would prefer a bigger body like Mariner there. As for the forwards, the reality is a case can be made for every single one of them. Palasia would be hard to drop on form, will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe whoever can cover multiple positions gets to stay.

Palasia got a run in the second row last year, from memory, though not to any great success, and the fact they were willing to shift Pat rather than start Keenan there may speak to a lack of faith in going that way again.

You could make a case for any two of Palasia, Jensen and Willison to stay in the team. While Flegs was out I'd have had Jensen starting, personally, but Palasia did his job there pretty well. I'd drop Palasia myself, move Jensen into the eight and bring Flegs back on the bench. If Flegs is coming straight back into the starting team, it may very well be Palasia that drops off. I just have a feeling it will be Jensen. Hope I'm wrong.

Palasia got a run in the second row last year, from memory, though not to any great success, and the fact they were willing to shift Pat rather than start Keenan there may speak to a lack of faith in going that way again.

You could make a case for any two of Palasia, Jensen and Willison to stay in the team. While Flegs was out I'd have had Jensen starting, personally, but Palasia did his job there pretty well. I'd drop Palasia myself, move Jensen into the eight and bring Flegs back on the bench. If Flegs is coming straight back into the starting team, it may very well be Palasia that drops off. I just have a feeling it will be Jensen. Hope I'm wrong.
I wont be disappointed either way but agree, prefer Jensen. Boy imagine trying to pick a team for the GF. Its like origin, who do you leave out...

I wont be disappointed either way but agree, prefer Jensen. Boy imagine trying to pick a team for the GF. Its like origin, who do you leave out...

Hopefully if we do make it, everyone is healthy and available so we do have that headache.

Anyone got any info on when Oates is back? I was hoping next week, but I thought he may be a late inclusion this week.
I think Oates is like round 25-26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Cavalo
  • maddo
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.