Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Hard to see Brisbane winning. It will be a tough loss or an absolute smashing. . . maybe an unconvincing win but we would have to be red hot and they would need to be well below their best. Bulldogs are just generally a more professional outfit and should get the job done. Interesting to read some comments saying we are a chance considering the Bulldogs have lost three straight. Did we learn nothing from the Sharks game a few weeks ago? They'd lost 3 games as well.

Expect our ability to play struggling teams back into form to be well on show tomorrow night. . .

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I think we are every chance in the world. But only because the Dogs are so poor. My belief we are a good chance of winning has virtually nothing to do with us.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think we are every chance in the world. But only because the Dogs are so poor. My belief we are a good chance of winning has virtually nothing to do with us.

Disagree Ari. For mine, last week they were outplayed and made to look ordinary. With the return of Morris, and their finals situation looking a little bleak, I doubt they will play poorly.

As discussed before, if our defensive line speed is poor, if our defensive line isn't straight and ruck defence spot on, I see a cricket score.

If we do the basics right, as did the Panthers, I see a win as entirely likely. One of the Dog's biggest weaknesses is frustration. Frustrate them and they screw up.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
If Kennedy is 18th man, helps with the warmup but doesn't play, I'm putting 1910 on ignore.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If Kennedy is 18th man, helps with the warmup but doesn't play, I'm putting 1910 on ignore.

It was said in an article today that either Kennedy or J.Wallace would come onto the bench, so it's not exactly an inside scoop that Kennedy will play, it's the logical decision out of the two.

Ben Hannant, Todd Lowrie and Corey Oates are slated to play, but both Martin Kennedy and Jarrod Wallace took their turns running with the team at training this morning.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/08/07/team_update_broncos_squad_clear.html

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Isn't Granville in the picture as well? Meaning 2 to drop out. Possibly Lowrie and Wallace?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Has anyone else noticed that Hunt's form started to drop when Barba was moved to 6?

Perhaps they should move Hoffman back to 6, just to see what happens..

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Isn't Granville in the picture as well? Meaning 2 to drop out. Possibly Lowrie and Wallace?

Granville's spot is guaranteed, the way I read it is that either Kennedy or J.Wallace would come onto the bench for either Lowrie or Oates.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that Hunt's form started to drop when Barba was moved to 6?

No way. If hunt can't play alongside someone that can actually play like a five eight then that's his problem that he needs to sort out. I don't want to sit through anymore of Hoffman in 6

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
How are we feeling about the game today folks?

Should be close one would have to say and if it does come down to the dying seconds I don't know if the Broncos will be equipped with the same structures as the Bulldogs.

Hopefully the Broncos exercise more patience with the football and play to their strengths. More support around the football would be my big message tonight.

Anyone heading to the game?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
How are we feeling about the game today folks?

Should be close one would have to say and if it does come down to the dying seconds I don't know if the Broncos will be equipped with the same structures as the Bulldogs.

Hopefully the Broncos exercise more patience with the football and play to their strengths. More support around the football would be my big message tonight.

Anyone heading to the game?
If it is a close one BP then I see goal kicking being a big problem

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

It also coincided with us playing two genuine premiership contenders that are peaking at the right time.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Seriously? ? Is anyone going to the game? Am I too actually believe you lot don't even bother to turn up? ?

I'm there every week! What's the good in posting all these team lists and opinions if you don't even bother to show up and give them your support??! D:

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I've been to a few games this season. I live on the Sunshine Coast, so it's a bit of a logistical nightmare to get there, especially every week!

Anyway, I just hope they play with some heart, like we did against the Warriors a few weeks ago.

I can't see us winning, but we'll likely keep it competitive till around the 65 minute mark.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Seriously? ? Is anyone going to the game? Am I too actually believe you lot don't even bother to turn up? ?

I'm there every week! What's the good in posting all these team lasts and opinions if you don't even bother to show up and give them your support??! D:

Crazy hey?

BHQ is obviously filled with agoraphobics, myself clearly being the biggest one but I still managed to nab myself an Awesome Foursome deal.

Great value and was planning on going to this game but something came up.

You'll have to cheer extra loud for me.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I've been to every home game this year except for the Sharks game.

I'll be going to this one also.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

I'm there every week! What's the good in posting all these team lasts and opinions if you don't even bother to show up and give them your support??! D:
I go to every game including 20s most times. Tonight I will miss the 20s for a rare time but will be there for the main game as usual

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.