Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Up and in on their forwards is what I want to see.

If we let their pack dictate then we're in for a paddlin !!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just let Kennedy be in the team please.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Also getting them off the back of 3 losses won't help us, imagine Des will have them pretty fired up.

I've been impressed with Tim Lafai this season, hope we can contain him when they shift it out wide.

fyp

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
If we can put some good shots on their two grubs, Ennis and Reynolds, I will be a happy man regardless of the result.

I despise those two germs and their grubby niggly actions that infect every single part of their game.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If there was a game where Barba really needs to step up and show his worth, it's this game, against his old club. I'm honestly expecting a massive game from him, and will be disappointed with anything less.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
If we can put some good shots on their two grubs, Ennis and Reynolds, I will be a happy man regardless of the result.

I despise those two germs and their grubby niggly actions that infect every single part of their game.

So this.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Yes, yes please... especially Reynolds!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos have to be careful how they hit Reynolds. He will take a dive the first chance he gets.

Although, I honestly wouldn't mind if one of our players clothes lined him.

Last edited:
S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The whole team needs to get over the duldrums about Hook and salvage something from this year.

Starting at home, for the fans, against quality opposition.

A bit of luck in the opening exchanges, some early points and we could be ok. Not kicking it out on the full from the kick off would be ideal.

C

Cronos

Banned User
Jul 22, 2014
Who knows which Broncos will show up. Hunt needs to get his head right and fast.

If there was a game where Barba really needs to step up and show his worth, it's this game, against his old club. I'm honestly expecting a massive game from him, and will be disappointed with anything less.

He isn't capable of a massive game, haven't you worked that out yet? No speed, no confidence, no hope.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Let's sign a petition to sacrifice Lowrie to suspension for the rest of the year. Will be worth it.

Lowrie has knocked himself out every time he's gone for a big hit this year.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The whole team needs to get over the duldrums about Hook and salvage something from this year.

this is why hook should have stood down immediately. look at john Cartwright, instant step down. the players will feel sorry for hook every time they see his sad eyes. I'd been happy for Kearney to take the reins instead of having 17 Nancy boys sooking the rest of the year

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
this is why hook should have stood down immediately. look at john Cartwright, instant step down. the players will feel sorry for hook every time they see his sad eyes. I'd been happy for Kearney to take the reins instead of having 17 Nancy boys sooking the rest of the year

Haven't thought of it that way but that's a good point. Am interested to see how the the Titans go this week under Henry. The last thing a lot of people want to see is Kearney as Broncos coach but honestly for me 5-6 losses from Giffin or 5-6 losses from Kearney is negligible.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I disagree about Hook standing down immediately, I think he's doing the correct thing in seeing the season out, I just wish he'd take a few risks every now and then.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I disagree about Hook standing down immediately, I think he's doing the correct thing in seeing the season out, I just wish he'd take a few risks every now and then.
Agree. It's not like he has much to lose now, and a lot to gain!

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Bulldogs are currently out of form and playing without confidence, enter the Broncos who'll kindly play them back into form and make them a premiership contender again.

I wish this wasn't true but I just can't see us beating the Dogs with all the pressure the boys are under. Also, mix in the fact that they are being coached by Hasler who'll no doubt have a game plan designed to expose our weak points (target Hunt), whereas we're being coached by Griffin who'll, well...

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • davidp
  • Broncorob
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.