Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our defensive line speed is the most important thing for this game. Almost literally the difference between a sure loss and a very possible win.

This is the absolute key how not to lose a match against any side - you hit the ball runner almost as soon as he gets the ball, and, also, ensure that each support runner is covered for the offload/pass.

It's bloody NRL defence 101.

The Dogs build so much of their game around 2nd phase plays with their big forwards offloading, especially James Graham passing at the line.

It's really so so simple ... as simple as teaching effective tackling techniques which, when done properly, means the smallest player can drop the biggest, provided the line speed is there and the ball receiver isn't given an age to build up a head of steam.

Graham is for mine the best prop in the game and, along with Kasiano, if they are given any room to run and offload, we are in strife.

I hope Barba tears it up at 6 and he and Hunt actually get Gillett and Glenn some quality ball on the edges.

This game is so so winnable.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Parker still in the 10 and Lowrie still on the bench.

**** this universe.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Parker still in the 10 and Lowrie still on the bench.

**** this universe.

Well, it's written in stone that Thaiday and Glenn will never be benched. The main thing is that Parker resumes his offloading game which appears to have gone into receivership, along with our 2nd phase plays.

Equally, Thaiday needs to start passing the ball close to their line. That used to be such an effective play, especially if he has Barba/Hunt and Copley in support. Haven't seen that for a while.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Well, it's written in stone that Thaiday and Glenn will never be benched. The main thing is that Parker resumes his offloading game which appears to have gone into receivership, along with our 2nd phase plays.

Equally, Thaiday needs to start passing the ball close to their line. That used to be such an effective play, especially if he has Barba/Hunt and Copley in support. Haven't seen that for a while.

Parker has been attempting offloads, unfortunately most have ended up as turnovers.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos should take note of what Panthers did.

Their defensive line speed was good and it put the Bulldogs under pressure. They started to make unnecessary passes and offloads which just constantly hurt them.

GotheBroncs

GotheBroncs

BRL Player
Dec 6, 2013
Doesn't anyone on here know Hook who can tell him how fucking retarded he is and post his reaction on YouTube?
Also, you can tell him to pick a better side.
I'm so sick of this shit.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I guess most of those selections weren't unexpected. I just knew Reed would slot back in after the Hodges injury but I still would have gone with Kahu. The constant naming of a 19-20 man side is now just ****ing me. Brian Smith used to do this as a bit of gamesmanship - he knew the 17 who were taking the field. I don't get that with this coach. How can you not know who the best 17 are?

He does know, and the players know. They know every week on Tuesday.

I can tell you now who is coming off that bench- I am not going to. But I am making the point it isn't a guessing game from the club.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
He does know, and the players know. They know every week on Tuesday.

I can tell you now who is coming off that bench- I am not going to. But I am making the point it isn't a guessing game from the club.

Well rather than be a smart ass, how about you tell the people on here who is and who isn't going to play?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Well rather than be a smart ass, how about you tell the people on here who is and who isn't going to play?

Don't be silly, 1910 doesn't actually give us useful information, he just alludes to the fact that he has information.

Why does he do this?

Option A - He is a very loyal member of the Broncos organisation, never leaks valuable inside info.
Option B - He doesn't receive valuable inside info.

You be the judge.

C

Cronos

Banned User
Jul 22, 2014
Who knows which Broncos will show up. Hunt needs to get his head right and fast.

Don't be silly, 1910 doesn't actually give us useful information, he just alludes to the fact that he has information.

Why does he do this?

Option A - He is a very loyal member of the Broncos organisation, never leaks valuable inside info.

You be the judge.

Option C- He does have inside info and gets off on teasing BHQ members with it, cruelty is his biggest character trait.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014

Why does he do this?

You be the judge.

Great post, ill take option b.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014

Why does he do this?

You be the judge.

If it is option A, he might need a new job soon after the clean out goes through red hill.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013

Who cares? It will be Griffin's favourites as usual. He'll use the bench like complete arse during the game anyway and if we win it will be because of a stand out performance from one or two individuals.

Same as all year...

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Who cares? It will be Griffin's favourites as usual. He'll use the bench like complete arse during the game anyway and if we win it will be because of a stand out performance from one or two individuals.

Same as all year...

Exactly.

All this pressure on Hunt to perform miracles for us ... when really, if we played like a well coached team, we'd probably get the results.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
These games are all just flips of the coin for mine, we are pretty much one trick ponies and only have one game plan. We certainly don't seem to be able to adapt to the game or mix it up when we have to.

If the game goes our way and the usual game plan works we hang onto the ball and score a few tries then we can pull off a win but I think its going to be a bit of struggle.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
its such bad luck to hit the Bulldogs as they are getting their best 17 back together.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
its such bad luck to hit the Bulldogs as they are getting their best 17 back together.

Also getting them off the back of 2 losses won't help us, imagine Des will have them pretty fired up.

I've been impressed with Tim Lafai this season, hope we can contain him when they shift it out wide.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Organix
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.