Round 22 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

K

koshy

U18 Player
Jul 25, 2014
I doubt Bennett will hold the same attachment to both Glenn and Gillett as Griffin has. Hopefully one of them will be on the bench (or Thaiday, but that would never happen). Mostly because we can't keep playing Thaiday at lock, he's too lazy. It really needs to be Parker, and he needs to be supported by 2 front rowers.

agree with this 100%

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
While I thought Griffin's sacking would harden our resolve, it's had the complete opposite effect.

Everything is now twice as hard. Difficult to see us winning another game from here out, especially when the finals are mathematically out of reach. Hope Bennett doesn't turn this nuclear by pulling out in the off-season.

The only consoling factor is that we aren't as bad as the Raiders, and we're taking their best player.

Sorry folks.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I also looked at the Top 8 this morning:

1Sea Eagles19140542928732
2Rabbitohs19120747128328
3Panthers19120741034428
4Roosters19110844932126
5Bulldogs19110835633226
6Cowboys19100943833224
7Warriors19100947338324
8Storm18100837237024

All of those sides are more deserving and frankly more enjoyable to watch.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
While I thought Griffin's sacking would harden our resolve, it's had the complete opposite effect.

Everything is now twice as hard. Difficult to see us winning another game from here out, especially when the finals are mathematically out of reach. Hope Bennett doesn't turn this nuclear by pulling out in the off-season.

The only consoling factor is that we aren't as bad as the Raiders, and we're taking their best player.

Sorry folks.

Why would he pull out in the off-season

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Has there been any comment from Bennett about his return yet?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Has there been any comment from Bennett about his return yet?

Are you joking?

He even released a statement about it.

Statement from Wayne Bennett - Knights

Wayne BennettTue 22nd July, 07:10AMA A

As I was deciding on my future, the Brisbane Broncos weren’t in the equation until the Board recently contacted me.
I never thought I would be presented with the opportunity to return home and I appreciate the confidence the Board and owners have shown in me.
I am also extremely humbled by the coaching offers I received.
There has been much speculation and untruths written since I announced I was departing the Newcastle Knights.
I look forward to a successful relationship with CEO Paul White and continuing to grow and strengthen the Broncos' brand when I join the Club for season 2015.
When I announced I was leaving Newcastle at season’s end, I stated I was committed to the Club and nothing has changed.
I will be making no further comment in relation to my future until season 2014 has concluded for both the Knights and Broncos.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

Sorry folks.

You only need the coach, coaching staff and players down a couple of a percent to **** our season and it is happening

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
You only need the coach, coaching staff and players down a couple of a percent to **** our season and it is happening
This really is my biggest gripe with the whole affair.

For a team who has had to cope with Hoggman at 5/8, Barba at half gas, and Hunt redevelopping himself, we have actually been quite competitive and were certainly in the run for the finals.
It's telling when players like Parker are amongst the most affected...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Sorry folks.

How are the finals mathematically out of reach?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Quite confident about this game. The Bulldogs aren't in good touch atm and we seem to have a pretty good record against them. It will be difficult but I'm confident.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Our defensive line speed is the most important thing for this game. Almost literally the difference between a sure loss and a very possible win.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I wish we had prince again this season, we was playing so good in back end of the season.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.