PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

MrMoore

QCup Player
There is actually.

Slow it down enough and you can see the ball touching the arm clearly. Just have to watch the skin around the ball and see it being pushed in which means the ball touched.
And you know it has hit the hand when NRL themselves edit the highlight the frame before it happens

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Sounds juicy - what are you alluding to here?
If Morkel could still print banners I would have already asked for a Jake Turpin to scale.
- Merged

I've just gone back and looked at it, and i just cant see it 100% so seeing as it was sent up as a try they had to give it. The view from behind doesnt look like he touched it, the one from the side its very hard to tell but the one thats sort of from behind to the side looks very suspicious.I'll ask him if it did, i'm sure he would be honest about it 😀

I still reckon they hit Shiba around the neck. It was a high shot imo.
Oh God don't publish his answer for everyone to see on BHQ. No matter what it is imagine the feeding frenzy. Chuck us a pm lol

Last edited:

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Last weeks defense + A week focused on attack + Home crowd + Penriths attack + Better handling conditions

All good reasons to feel confident. We've got it in to us to win this game by 20+ while at the same time not a small chance losing either.
For us to win by 20+, we must first score 20 points or more which is hard enough as it is with no proper halves and no creativity out of 9.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
All I can make from the team named today is confirmation something must be going on behind the scenes.
1 run for 1m in 80m of football has been pretty consistent for Darius whilst in the 6.
I’m thinking that decision makers above seibs are influencing who plays where in this team, I’m pretty confident that if this was 100% a seibs picked team, Darius and Macca would have been dropped for a week or 2 to q cup. There is also no way that shiba should still be in this team.
Smokin' Joe Smokin' Joe liked this post. Behind the scenes tampering confirmed or is Joe just fucking with us? What if Joe turned out to be the biggest troll on this forum? Would lose all faith in humanity.

On the game, I just can't see a win. Maloney is going to have a field day I think. Hopefully this is the game that Shiba clicks in attack. Moga had feet for hands as well (from memory) but at least he had a few great attacking games.

pagey

NRL Captain
Still cant see it conclusively and i tried to go frame by frame.

It would be an absolute joke ( if its not already ) if they had to go to a super slow motion, super zoomed in camera shot just to decided tries, and imagine the time it would take. I dont often agree with Joey, but he is right when he says the game isnt played in slow motion.
I'm with you wolfie, it was high and knocked forward. Absolute bullshit try.

Morepudding

NRL Player
We are going to get completely fucked. Does Seibold watch the games? Shibasaki and Boyd picked again? BIG FUCKING YIKES.

Panthers by 20.
- Merged

Remember that time Boyd retired from rep footy? After he was told he wasn't picked... Maybe if we don't pick him in NRL he will retire from that too...

Last edited:

pagey

NRL Captain
Smokin' Joe Smokin' Joe liked this post. Behind the scenes tampering confirmed or is Joe just fucking with us? What if Joe turned out to be the biggest troll on this forum? Would lose all faith in humanity.

On the game, I just can't see a win. Maloney is going to have a field day I think. Hopefully this is the game that Shiba clicks in attack. Moga had feet for hands as well (from memory) but at least he had a few great attacking games.
Well if it is true then, WTF !!! Is locky pulling strings behind the scenes, because that would be the only guy with a footy brain that has any capability in our management team.
Come on Joe, give us something???
You have mentioned that our team will be completely different to what it was at the start of this year, is there more coming?

Morepudding

NRL Player
At this stage mate you could bring one of our ex playmakers out of retirement, tell them they don't have to make double digit metres in movement whatsoever just kick or pass and they would still offer more then Boyd.
He touched the ball 13 times.. FUCKING 13. As a 300+ Game rep player... Wingers touch the ball more times than he did. Fucking atrocious. How can someone who has played so many games be so fucking useless. The games where we have had forwards play 6 have been better.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
We are going to get completely fucked. Does Seibold watch the games? Shibasaki and Boyd picked again? BIG FUCKING YIKES.

Panthers by 20.
- Merged

Remember that time Boyd retired from rep footy? After he was told he wasn't picked... Maybe if we don't pick him in NRL he will retire from that too...
The Panthers aren't too crash hot imo: they have an overrated pack and not much strike out wide apart from Kikau. The Sharks were rubbish last week and almost came over the top of Penrith late.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast

Broncos may blood tackle busting freak Izaia Perese against Panthers

Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
an hour ago

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is considering blooding another rookie with former Queensland Reds young gun Izaia Perese in the frame to make his Broncos debut against Penrith this Friday night. Seibold will finalise his 17-man squad on Thursday at the captain’s run with Perese and towering forward Rhys Kennedy vying for the final spot on Brisbane’s bench for the crucial top-eight showdown at Suncorp Stadium. NRL convert Perese trained with the top squad on Wednesday, interchanging at left centre with Gehamat Shibasaki in a sign Seibold is seriously weighing up the prospect of blooding the 22-year-old.

Izaia Perese has starred with the Redcliffe Dolphins this season. Picture: Regi Varghese

Izaia Perese has starred with the Redcliffe Dolphins this season. Picture: Regi Varghese

The Courier-Mail understands Shibasaki will definitely start, with Seibold to decide between Perese’s speed and attacking instincts or the no-nonsense forward industry provided by the 197cm Kennedy on interchange. Broncos teammates have been impressed by the athleticism of Perese, a former Australian Schoolboys ace who starred in the green-and-gold in the under-20s rugby World Cup in 2017. Perese has been in sizzling form for feeder-club Redcliffe this season in the Intrust Super Cup. The classy outside back has scored seven tries in 15 games and amassed a staggering 117 tackle busts, including a whopping 14 per game in three consecutive weeks. “I’m not sure if he will play, but ‘Seibs’ (Seibold) might give him a taste so let’s see how he goes,” Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs said of Perese.

Perese could debut against the Panthers on Friday. Picture: Dan Peled

Perese could debut against the Panthers on Friday. Picture: Dan Peled

“I think he’s ready, he’s been playing outstanding for ‘Reddy’ so we’ll see what Seibs feels about him.” The Broncos can leapfrog Penrith into seventh spot, and virtually seal a finals berth, with victory at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night and Staggs dismissed suggestions Brisbane can’t compete with the NRL’s top-four sides. Melbourne (40-4), the Roosters (36-4) and Souths (38-6) have thrashed the Broncos this season, although Brisbane did exact revenge against the tri-colours with a 15-10 boilover in round 10.

Perese is a rugby convert from the Queensland Reds. Picture: Chris Hyde

Perese is a rugby convert from the Queensland Reds. Picture: Chris Hyde

“I think we can compete with them,” he said. “Our defence wasn’t switched on the night we played Melbourne but we just let ourselves down there. “I still believe we can compete with the top four. “We have to win every game now. Our defence is the most important thing we have been practising so if we keep our defence on track we will go a long way.” Staggs is wary of the threat posed by 120kg Panthers powerhouse Viliame Kikau, who will be making a beeline for himself and Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr. “I have watched a fair bit of him on TV, he is a big boy,” Staggs said. “He is strong and he runs hard all the time so he will be hard to stop. “I’m expecting Kikau to come across our side so it’s important we take time away from James Maloney inside him and get in his face.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter