PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I'll be happy because it means AS has finally been given the reins.

Well, as far as I can tell based on Seibold's past comments, for the Panthers game, we will yet again have that broken hack Boyd at 6, Turpin, a hooker, wearing the no. 7 pretending to be halfback, thinking that feeding the ball is all halves do, and the Panthers flogging us by 30.

Maybe I am wrong and we will see a real halfback in the side? What a difference that would make.

Last edited:
Locky and Sam have lost the plot. It’s the channel 9 effect. What do they want, Milford to get in first receiver, pass it to Boyd then sprint like hell to receive it back off Boyd for the sweep play and then pass it on to Oates. Then if that play dies they would want Milford to get to dummy half take a run and then somehow get back to take the kick.

Idiots.
Doesn't surprise me when your around blokes who actually suggested Milford needed advice from Boyd for playing at fullback because he hasn't made an instant transition there.

Last edited:
Why would Milf need advice at fullback from Boyd? Boyd's only got a decade or so of experience in the position at NRL level, been the RLIF fullback of the year, won a Clive Churchill and played 2 grand finals, a few origins and a number of tests for the Kangaroos as fullback. Milford's got a couple of dozen games there across 2013 and 2014.

Why would Milf need advice at fullback from Boyd? Boyd's only got a decade or so of experience in the position at NRL level, been the RLIF fullback of the year, won a Clive Churchill and played 2 grand finals, a few origins and a number of tests for the Kangaroos as fullback. Milford's got a couple of dozen games there across 2013 and 2014.
And how many games has Boyd played at 5/8th over his NRL career? A staggering 6 games to Milford's 119. Milford may have not have played a lot of games in the NRL prior to joining the Broncos at fullback but he at least had experience and plenty playing in the lower grades, he also has substantial experience there at 5/8th. didn't see the commentary team suggesting he should seek Milford out or someone else out for that.

Last edited:
And how many games has Boyd played at 5/8th over his NRL career? A staggering 6 games to Milford's 119. Milford may have not have played a lot of games in the NRL prior to joining the Broncos at fullback but he at least had experience and plenty playing in the lower grades, he also has substantial experience there at 5/8th. didn't see the commentary team suggesting he should seek Milford out or someone else out for that.
That's not really as relevant though. Boyd's issue isn't that he's inexperienced, it's that he's broken. Having Locky Alfie and the King in his ear 18 hours a day wouldn't help. But Milf isn't broken, he's just raw, and getting advice on how to improve from someone who has a pretty good understanding of the technical aspects of fullback play would help him improve.

That's not really as relevant though. Boyd's issue isn't that he's inexperienced, it's that he's broken. Having Locky Alfie and the King in his ear 18 hours a day wouldn't help. But Milf isn't broken, he's just raw, and getting advice on how to improve from someone who has a pretty good understanding of the technical aspects of fullback play would help him improve.

Fair point mate.

**** getting lessons from Boyd, he's not even honest with himself. He would know by now he's being pushed out. His attitude this year he would probably teach you wrong just out of spite. Get the lessons off Lockyer. Or Hodges. Or Webcke. Or anyone but Boyd. Hell he was a great fullback before he came here, he probably doesn't need lessons.

**** getting lessons from Boyd, he's not even honest with himself. He would know by now he's being pushed out. His attitude this year he would probably teach you wrong just out of spite. Get the lessons off Lockyer. Or Hodges. Or Webcke. Or anyone but Boyd. Hell he was a great fullback before he came here, he probably doesn't need lessons.

Milford turned down lessons from Lockyer

Boyd has been poor but you cant pretend he has not been a really good fullback in his prime. I do think milf would benefit from consultation with boyd regarding defensive line communication and positioning (boyd did this generally well but his body gave out and couldnt meet the demands). Thing is we do not need milf playing a version of boyd in attack. We need milf to play fullback, like milf wants to play fullback. A way that utilises his skills.

I think he would operate well like corey thompson (tigers fullback). Although they didnt win on the weekend, i noticed he is always supporting the ball runners (with his hands up, ready) or hanging around the ruck looking for an offload. He also chimes in at the backline, running more direct.

People have made comments about how milf playing at half didnt have enough time before the defence was on him. This is true because our team plays soooo flat and our halves always got the ball off a slow forward (meaning we have slow passes from macca at the ruck and then slow catch and pass from a forward). It is no surprise he had no time to run our create something.

I hate how flat our attack is. No one runs onto the ball. I thought Seibs would have changed that because souths played with depth last year but it hasnt. What is doubly frustrating is despite WB going to souths, they still play with depth.

Says the guy behind the keyboard and has never played a game of professional football... maybe they should listen to you.

Says the guy behind the keyboard and has never played a game of professional football... maybe they should listen to you.
Why does every single thing I say irritate you?

But you are right, maybe they should listen to me.

Why does every single thing I say irritate you?

But you are right, maybe they should listen to me.
It doesn't , don't take me to seriously. Sometimes I just stir shit, it's in my Gene's I'm afraid.

It doesn't , don't take me to seriously. Sometimes I just stir shit, it's in my Gene's I'm afraid.

I’m gonna try this as a pickup line. Except I’ll say jeans and not genes. [emoji14]

Good luck mate, but I'm not sure telling the chicks you've got shit in your jeans will get you the desired outcome.

I dunno, I think it's a masterstroke. "Hey baby, I just, you know, shit my pants. Wanna come back to my place and *big wink* help me change into some new undies? *knowing look*.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • broncoscope
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • phoenix
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.