Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Tevita Pangai Jnr facing season-ending ban for crusher tackle
Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
20 minutes ago

The Broncos have been dealt a crushing blow with Tevita Pangai Jr facing a possible season-ending ban and Jake Turpin also in danger of missing Friday night’s grudge-match against Souths at Suncorp Stadium.

The NRL match-review committee on Saturday charged Pangai Jr with a grade-two dangerous contact charge for his tackle on James Maloney in the final minute of Brisbane’s 24-12 defeat of Penrith on Friday night. The base penalty carries 300 points, but due to three prior non-similar suspensions, Pangai Jr will receive a penalty loading, plus an additional 75 carryover points from previous charges.

Tevita Pangai Jnr could miss the rest of the season. Picture: Darren England

Tevita Pangai Jnr could miss the rest of the season. Picture: Darren England

It means he faces a four-match ban even with an early guilty plea, which would not only rub him out of this week’s Rabbitohs blockbuster, but could sideline Pangai Jr for week one of the finals if Brisbane make the playoffs. Should he fight the charge at the judiciary, Pangai Jr could miss five games. There is every chance he may not play again this season. It is a bitter blow for the Broncos, who have been inspired in recent weeks by Pangai Jr’s superb second-phase which has statistically made him the NRL’s leading offloader.

Meanwhile, Broncos coach Anthony Seibold may have to find a new halfback after Jake Turpin was levelled with a grade-two dangerous contact charge for his swinging arm on Penrith fullback Dylan Edwards. With an early plea, Turpin will miss two matches, a scenario that would see rookie halfback Tom Dearden placed on standby to face the Rabbitohs club against whom he made his debut in round eight this year.

Turpin has done a fine job filling in at halfback and the Broncos will miss his competitive edge. On a tough night for the Broncos, fullback Anthony Milford was also booked for tripping Nathan Cleary, but will be free to play after being hit with a low-grade charge that carries only a $1500 fine, reduced to $1150 with an early plea.

Broncos star Anthony Milford was not put on report for a trip on Nathan Cleary.
Giphy 6

Yet Nelson Asofa Solomona, doesn't get a charge, seems legit.
TPJ would have been crucified had Maloney jumped up (due to tackle not being completed) and went through to set up a try. Not to mention it isn't the "crusher tackle" that they're trying to remove from the game. Maloney sat up as the tackle was not completed.
The MRC are and absolute shambles that are consistently inconsistent.
I'd be walking into the judiciary with Nelson's footage from last week and questioning how on earth they came to this decision.

The MRC are nothing short of an absolute joke.

Edit: Forgot to add the Sam Burgess incident also..

Last edited:
He wasn't thinking, it was a split second instinctive decision to jump on a player who'd bounced out of a tackle and was about to get up and run again near our goal line.

The problem is he does everything at top speed and it can dangerous because he loses control of what he’s doing or can’t stop himself.

Like when he comes charging in on the end of our tacklers holding someone. He’s not doing it to intentionally illegally hurt anyone, only to try and dominate or bully the opposition.

But so far it’s not working as much he thinks it will. He’s going to be suspended a fair amount just because of the way he attacks moments like that

would be a joke for TPJ to miss time for that,saw much worse and much more intentional last round 'missed' by the MRC.

Haas is incredible, one of a kind, an absolute beast!

But one thing I believe needs to be recognised is that he has a great young pack around him making his job that bit easier, allowing him not to be that one bloke in the team that the opposition can put numbers on.

Jus imagine when our entire forward pack is ‘on’ at once, particular Fifita who was relatively quiet the other night. It’ll be biblical!

Haas, Lodge, Fifita, TPJ, Ofahengaue, Carrigan, Flegler, Glen, Gillett - what a pack! If we can improve our spine and backline we'll be in for a chance, even with the referees, NSWRL and cheating Melbourne grubs all against us.

I don't agree with much of what Gould says especially about us, but i did agree with this

How in ****'s name does Gould even look a decade younger than he looked 5 years ago??!?!?!

@Morkel, he's a fucking reptilian shapeshifter for sure!!

I don't agree with much of what Gould says especially about us, but i did agree with this

I’m going to go have a shower after I say this.....he couldn’t be more right! 🤢

Broncos have to fight this.
Totally agree. I must admit I'm shocked he even received a charge let alone with such severity. I thought there'd be no charge at all. I'm amazed. What exactly are they seeing that I'm missing I ask. Where's the charges for attacking the head by consecutive players on the one player? This is plainly an unjust charge that TPJ is facing.

Let's not forget Kyle Flanagan's grade 1 and no suspension charge for a forceful and intended knee to Lodges head while he was lying in a prone position in the ground. I've been trying to find out where to lodge an official complaint to the MRC but can't find it. Anyone got any ideas?

Not sure but if you work it out let me know too because I’ll be throwing my 2 cents in as well

And the media bag us for dropping and letting Roberts leave.
Enter Staggs. Consistently good vs a 90m try once a year.
It's not even a question.

The funny part is Souths were 10 wins 2 losses when Jimmy joined them and they assumed Roberts joining them would make them infinitely better and add even more to their team that was killing it at the time. Apparently they were certainties for the GF.

They have won 3 from 9 since he joined. 1 of those wins was that last second winner against St George off the short kick off when the Dragons had the game all but wrapped up. Another win was that game in Townsville that looked like Cowboys were going to win until South pulled off a couple of late plays and was probably the only real half decent game Roberts has played. You couldn’t script this shit!

On the flip side our form without him is 8 wins, 4 losses and a draw. I don’t think we are missing him no where near as much as most of us originally expected. He is a luxury player.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • Accept
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.