POST GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

Allo

NRL Captain
He wasn't thinking, it was a split second instinctive decision to jump on a player who'd bounced out of a tackle and was about to get up and run again near our goal line.
The problem is he does everything at top speed and it can dangerous because he loses control of what he’s doing or can’t stop himself.

Like when he comes charging in on the end of our tacklers holding someone. He’s not doing it to intentionally illegally hurt anyone, only to try and dominate or bully the opposition.

But so far it’s not working as much he thinks it will. He’s going to be suspended a fair amount just because of the way he attacks moments like that

Xzei

NYC Player
would be a joke for TPJ to miss time for that,saw much worse and much more intentional last round 'missed' by the MRC.

Reactions: Dee

JAHHW

NRL Player
Haas is incredible, one of a kind, an absolute beast!

But one thing I believe needs to be recognised is that he has a great young pack around him making his job that bit easier, allowing him not to be that one bloke in the team that the opposition can put numbers on.

Jus imagine when our entire forward pack is ‘on’ at once, particular Fifita who was relatively quiet the other night. It’ll be biblical!

Finbar

NYC Player
Haas, Lodge, Fifita, TPJ, Ofahengaue, Carrigan, Flegler, Glen, Gillett - what a pack! If we can improve our spine and backline we'll be in for a chance, even with the referees, NSWRL and cheating Melbourne grubs all against us.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I don't agree with much of what Gould says especially about us, but i did agree with this

How in ****'s name does Gould even look a decade younger than he looked 5 years ago??!?!?!

Morkel Morkel, he's a fucking reptilian shapeshifter for sure!!

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Broncos have to fight this.
Totally agree. I must admit I'm shocked he even received a charge let alone with such severity. I thought there'd be no charge at all. I'm amazed. What exactly are they seeing that I'm missing I ask. Where's the charges for attacking the head by consecutive players on the one player? This is plainly an unjust charge that TPJ is facing.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Let's not forget Kyle Flanagan's grade 1 and no suspension charge for a forceful and intended knee to Lodges head while he was lying in a prone position in the ground. I've been trying to find out where to lodge an official complaint to the MRC but can't find it. Anyone got any ideas?
Not sure but if you work it out let me know too because I’ll be throwing my 2 cents in as well

Purple Pills

QCup Player
And the media bag us for dropping and letting Roberts leave.
Enter Staggs. Consistently good vs a 90m try once a year.
It's not even a question.
The funny part is Souths were 10 wins 2 losses when Jimmy joined them and they assumed Roberts joining them would make them infinitely better and add even more to their team that was killing it at the time. Apparently they were certainties for the GF.

They have won 3 from 9 since he joined. 1 of those wins was that last second winner against St George off the short kick off when the Dragons had the game all but wrapped up. Another win was that game in Townsville that looked like Cowboys were going to win until South pulled off a couple of late plays and was probably the only real half decent game Roberts has played. You couldn’t script this shit!

On the flip side our form without him is 8 wins, 4 losses and a draw. I don’t think we are missing him no where near as much as most of us originally expected. He is a luxury player.

Jedhead

NRL Player
The funny part is Souths were 10 wins 2 losses when Jimmy joined them and they assumed Roberts joining them would make them infinitely better and add even more to their team that was killing it at the time. Apparently they were certainties for the GF.

They have won 3 from 9 since he joined. 1 of those wins was that last second winner against St George off the short kick off when the Dragons had the game all but wrapped up. Another win was that game in Townsville that looked like Cowboys were going to win until South pulled off a couple of late plays and was probably the only real half decent game Roberts has played. You couldn’t script this shit!

On the flip side our form without him is 8 wins, 4 losses and a draw. I don’t think we are missing him no where near as much as most of us originally expected. He is a luxury player.
Despite our win ratio, we are still guilty of carrying way too many 'luxury' players for my liking.

Jedhead

NRL Player
I hope if we make the finals and have to play the Panthers that Seibs reads this little quote out from maloney to the boys - "They're not the same quality as some of the other sides. And we've still got some improvement. I wouldn't be worried about Brisbane," Maloney said, as he touched down in Sydney on Saturday. Disrespectful little twat!

bronx89

NYC Player
You get a lot more respect "putting it on" the bigger guys than you do the smaller guys. I'm not saying leave them (smaller guys) alone, but he should be as equally aggressive to his foward counter parts than just halfbacks with their back turned to him or lying on the ground (again with their back turned to him)
Taumalolo? McGuire?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter