PRE-GAME Round 22 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Typical fucking Raiders though, can never rely on them when you need them to perform.

let's go bigger and include the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd etc.

Can you imagine a one club player from Manchester United coming out and saying he has always supported City and will do so when he retires? The reaction from the fans would NOT be pretty.

Do you think Mitchell Pearce is a Knights supporter now? .

Pearce was pushed out of his old club, that's an entirely different scenario. Newcastle fans knew what they were getting.

Last edited:
Some really weird little butt hurt groms in here. Of course players support clubs other than the one they play for. Do you think Mitchell Pearce is a Knights supporter now? Geez. Disillusioned much? People grow up in families as kids going to games wearing the colours or come from small towns where their team represents. Then they grow up and get a job “working for the Broncos”. It is ridiculous to expect them turn their coat on their family and towns team just because they got a career opportunity elsewhere. Respect for Sammy for a monumentous career playing for his second favourite club. Stop being little whingers everyone who feels they have the right to judge the players on their personal preferences. Shame on you.
If I am honest, I don’t particularly care who Thaiday supports as I really don’t think it’s worth getting all hot and bothered about. But equally, I also must admit I find the timing of it all very curious.

However, based on your comment (and others for that matter); if it’s OK for Thaiday to support whoever he wants, shouldn’t it be OK for fans to support (or not support) whoever they want?

After all, that’s their choice for their reasons.

If I am honest, I don’t particularly care who Thaiday supports as I really don’t think it’s worth getting all hot and bothered about. But equally, I also must admit I find the timing of it all very curious.

However, based on your comment (and others for that matter); if it’s OK for Thaiday to support whoever he wants, shouldn’t it be OK for fans to support (or not support) whoever they want?

After all, that’s their choice for their reasons.
Fans support whoever they want just like players but I still think it's pretty fucking weird for a guy to get his start and then play a whole 300 game career with a club and then come out and say he supports another club.... It's a bit of a kick in the nuts to all his fans if you ask me.

There seems to be an awful lot of moralistic, burn the witch at the stake, feigned outrage at BHQ just lately. I read the article again and it seems to me that people are reading into the reported comments (who knows what else may have been said or that what was said was accurately reported) commentary that is not there. I see no where in the article where he states that he does not support the broncos, I see no where in the article where he states the broncos can get fucked. He doesn't say that he will turn his back on the broncos, indeed I heard him in a television interview that he is going to continue to do work with the broncos in the future.

Would people have the same reaction if he he said, I am a bronco through and through, they are the only club I have played for and I will always be a bronco, but I was raised in Townsville, and I supported the Cowboys a kid and have always had a soft spot for them. I will support them when I hang up the boots (and the broncos of course). Context is everything, and before you hang him out to dry, I would be interested to know if there has been selective quoting or editing by the journalist.

Who fucking cares ! Some of the bullshit people complain about is really petty. There is more to life then the Brisbane broncos

Who fucking cares ! Some of the bullshit people complain about is really petty. There is more to life then the Brisbane broncos

giphy.gif

Absolutely. Footy is just a form of entertainment for me and a bit of a passion. So it doesn’t keep me up at night that Sam said some dense things but within the appropriate amount of care I have for anything footy related, Thaiday has put me offside. I don’t know him personally and like any player, I don’t really care to know about their personal life. Simply, in the soap opera that is league, I have lost some support for the Sam Thaiday character.

And I think justifiably so.

“Who gives a ****, there’s more to life than the broncos” could logically be the only reply to every discussion on here but then what’s the point to any of it?

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point. They obviously don't have to have supported the club in the past, but the week after getting flogged by a shit team and the week before playing the Cowboys, I'd rather the players don't come out and say they will be supporting them next year. It doesn't sit well with me. I just wish all of our players would give the media who have spent the year attempting to derail us absolutely nothing.

Not missing any point, not just whining like a little kid about a bloke saying he will follow the Cowboys next year. Yep, his form isnt what it used to be, but his effort and commitment to the Broncos while playing for the Broncos isnt really in question. When he was playing at his absolute best he would have been thinking exactly the same about the Cowboys as he is now. I think a few pant wetters on here are making far more of it than the media are.

This post is a very dishonest addition the discussion and I expected a more rational reply from a member of staff.

No one said anything to imply it was like he called a press conference and said **** the broncos. The frustration is at our current most capped player, and at times captain doesn’t see our club as the team that he supports. I find that disheartening to hear as a fan of the club. I also find it hard to believe that even if he were a fan of the cowboys because of where he was born that after everything this club has done for him and all that he’s achieved that he still “supports the cowboys” and will continue to do so.

There’s no way Cam Smith would come out and say that he supports another club and will cheer for them when he retires. He didn’t grow up in Melbourne.

But fair enough, even if 300 games, 15 years, and millions of dollars isn’t enough for the broncos to be the club you support, at least have the tact to not mention it, especially when it’s the team that provided the most painful moment in our teams history, especially the week before we play them.

I remember when Wallace was talking about the broncos still being his favourite club, and then there was a video of him singing our team song when we won. My reaction then was “if I were a titans supporter, I would not want that guy in my team after that”.

Lastly, do you see a difference between journey men players having a preferred team and a guy who played 300 games for one club since a teenager? Yeah, I guess I’m a whinger and if roosters gave me a shot and i played 300 games for them for over a decade, never putting on another teams jersey...yeah, sorry but i would be a roosters fan.

Some players can change who they support based on the club they played for and thats totally fine. Dont think i could do it, but it doesnt make it wrong either way. Its down to the individual.

And has he actually said he isnt a fan of the Broncos as well?

Some really weird little butt hurt groms in here. Of course players support clubs other than the one they play for. Do you think Mitchell Pearce is a Knights supporter now? Geez. Disillusioned much? People grow up in families as kids going to games wearing the colours or come from small towns where their team represents. Then they grow up and get a job “working for the Broncos”. It is ridiculous to expect them turn their coat on their family and towns team just because they got a career opportunity elsewhere. Respect for Sammy for a monumentous career playing for his second favourite club. Stop being little whingers everyone who feels they have the right to judge the players on their personal preferences. Shame on you.

Once again purposely missing the point to muddy the discussion.

Of course no one expects Mitchell Pearce to be a Knights supporter, he hasn’t even played a full season for them. It is in no way comparable to Sam. Also, no one is saying that everyone should be a fan of the club they play for, it when you have played nearly 300 games for them, captained the team and made a career out of them you would be a fan of them over their rivals (especially when those rivals snubbed you and never have you a chance).

Besides all that, even If you still love our arch rivals maybe keep it to yourself the week before we play them FFS.

Finally, no one is denying or not appreciating what Thaiday has done on the field so stop trying to make it about that.

I love conspiracy theories! How about this one: Bennett only picks guys like Thaiday, McGuire and Glenn at hooker so McCullough looks like a "star" at hooker.

Why not he picked a worse 1. option whenever Boyd was injured...

I suspect it’s more that Bennett values Maccas defensive work - having a running dynamic hooker has never fit in with Bennett’s grinding style of play.

Continuing on from this seasons form line. We beat the cowboys, roosters and Souths and probably lose to manly

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.