Morning
10:00

Team Lists

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Sammy is a fantastic servant. Cant believe the crap he is getting just because he is a cowboys supporter.

Really? You have no problem with him publicly supporter our biggest rivals? You don’t think that’s even slightly weird?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Really? You have no problem with him publicly supporter our biggest rivals? You don’t think that’s even slightly weird?

Nope, not at all. Are you trying to tell me every player is a supporter of the club they are playing for? Kids grow up supporting different clubs all the time. Sammy's commitment to the Broncos isnt really in question.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Maybe his comment says more about him than just stabbing our club in the back. If he really loved the cows I'm sure they had the money to make a play for him if he really wanted to go up there. I know if I was playing for the Storm/ Cows/ Roosters and was an Aus/ QLD mainstay I'd be calling the Broncos and offering to play here even if it meant earning less cash.

Perhaps Sam was fine staying here because we were more successful than the Cows for the majority of his career?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Sammy is a fantastic servant. Cant believe the crap he is getting just because he is a cowboys supporter.
It's not coz he's a cows supporter. It's coz he comes out and says this while he's still running around wearing our colours. It's just downright disrespectful to the whole club's supporter base. He might as well say as soon as the Broncs stop paying me I'm dropping them like a gun. Fine when he's finished representing us, but while he's still running around in gear is just insensitive and quite mindless.

JamesC

JamesC

BRL Player
Oct 22, 2013
It's also possible that he said other positive things about the Broncos (maybe he said he was also a fan of the Broncos), that the journalist decided to omit (possibly to stir up a bit of controversy). I don't know of course, but those kinds of things can happen.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
It's not coz he's a cows supporter. It's coz he comes out and says this while he's still running around wearing our colours. It's just downright disrespectful to the whole club's supporter base. He might as well say as soon as the Broncs stop paying me I'm dropping them like a gun. Fine when he's finished representing us, but while he's still running around in gear is just insensitive and quite mindless.
The week before we play them too..

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
It's also possible that he said other positive things about the Broncos (maybe he said he was also a fan of the Broncos), that the journalist decided to omit (possibly to stir up a bit of controversy). I don't know of course, but those kinds of things can happen.

It's not about what else he might have said, it's about what he did say, and when he said it. Poor form. Expect better from a former captain.

Simple litmus test for my support re: former (and current, stunning as it seems) Broncos players (especially captains) - who do you want to win the comp in 2019 - Broncos or Cows?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Its a huge over-reaction. Who cares who he supports? As long as he is committed to us, thats all that matters, and he has been, no question about it. He was bought up in Townsville and he is a Cowboys fan. If he lied about it and said he was always a Broncos fan some of you lot would be giving him pelters for being a liar as well. He's never said he is dropping Broncos like a gun or anything of the sort. He gave an honest answer to the question he was asked.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Its a huge over-reaction. Who cares who he supports? As long as he is committed to us, thats all that matters, and he has been, no question about it. He was bought up in Townsville and he is a Cowboys fan. If he lied about it and said he was always a Broncos fan some of you lot would be giving him pelters for being a liar as well. He's never said he is dropping Broncos like a gun or anything of the sort. He gave an honest answer to the question he was asked.
Committed? Do you know what that word means? He will be supporting another team next year. That is not commitment.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
So Thaiday was in the media recently talking about how he’s been a cowboys fan his whole life and will support them when he retires.

Obviously I know players will have an emotional connection to clubs from their youth and their family, and he is from that area but it’s not what you want to hear a few games out from the finals in the last season of a 300 game one club man.

Look forward to Sam becoming Tallis2.0 in his retirement.
He should’ve fucked off earlier and stunk it up for them for years.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
So many people getting worked up over a crappy article. Sam has played 300 games for the Broncos. I'm sure he is a great fan of the club. Hysterical postings.
Cringe worthy postings would be the more accurate term but for some reason, I just can't look away.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Committed? Do you know what that word means? He will be supporting another team next year. That is not commitment.

Like i said before, do you really think every Broncos player is a Broncos supporter? You are absolutely deluded if you think they all.

And i'm really not sure how much more committed you want the bloke to be to the Broncos. He is on the verge of playing 300 games for us, and has always been a great club man. How much more commitment do you want from a bloke who isnt even from Brissy? The bloke makes one comment about how he is a Cowboys fan, and he gets turned on. Absolutely Laughable. I'm surprised the lynch mob isnt turning on Roberts for not being a Queenslander.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
So many people getting worked up over a crappy article. Sam has played 300 games for the Broncos. I'm sure he is a great fan of the club. Hysterical postings.

Oh I'm sure he's a 'fan' of the club (lol) - he just likes the Cows more. Good to know.

He's had about three and half good games this year. Should have retired last year...before we knew he would prefer the Cows to win the comp than the club he captained. Perhaps he could have kept his fat mouth shut a week before we play the Cows with our season on the line.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Surely we can all (or most of us) agree it's bad (dumb) timing for such a comment?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Like i said before, do you really think every Broncos player is a Broncos supporter? You are absolutely deluded if you think they all.

And i'm really not sure how much more committed you want the bloke to be to the Broncos. He is on the verge of playing 300 games for us, and has always been a great club man. How much more commitment do you want from a bloke who isnt even from Brissy? The bloke makes one comment about how he is a Cowboys fan, and he gets turned on. Absolutely Laughable. I'm surprised the lynch mob isnt turning on Roberts for not being a Queenslander.
Yeah I'd love all of those players to come out the week before we play them to say they're happy with the Broncos while we give them money but once that stops they're supporting another club. If 1/17 of the paying members became members at another team next year do you think the club would be happy?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What's the actual issue with the timing of the comment? What do people think is going to happen as a result of the comment?

Thaiday said a very similar thing before the GF and it had no affect.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Seibs
  • eggstar10
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.