PRE-GAME Round 22 - Cowboys vs Broncos

you also conveniently left out how he loves the club and is grateful for all we have done for his career ...

lol thanks for the career I wouldn't have had otherwise, I'm off to support the guys that gave us our first grand final loss. Cheers.

Honestly - "I'll be cheering for NQ" - go **** yourself, Sam.

Of course I hope we destroy the Cows next week, I hope we put 50 on them and help serve them the spoon, but..

..I hope Thaiday gets fucking wrecked. I don't care if it's his last game.

Sam didn't say he'll be a Cowboys fan and not a Broncos fan. It was more like - I am a Bronco but I have a soft spot for the Cowboys because of where I grew up.

Last edited:
Sam didn't say he'll be a Cowboys fan and not a Broncos fan. It was more like - I am a Bronco but I have a soft spot for the Cowboys because of where I grew up.

I was born in Townsville and I fucking hate the Cows AND the North. No excuses.

Maybe Sam WAS pushed out a bit by the club. I'm sure he could have probably been comfortable playing another couple of years when he only has to make 3 or 4 runs a game.

Last edited:

Nah according to the curriermail his direct quote was

“I’ve always been a cowboys fan. I’ll support them when I finish and stop playing footy as well”

As far as loving the broncos goes his only comments in regards to that refer to him being “lucky enough to be picked up by the broncos” and that he’s greatful for the broncos and the way his career has ended up because he isn’t sure if he’d have had he same journey had he stayed in Townsville.

None of that implies that he prefers the broncos and his “soft spot” for the cows, at least in his words, are far more than that.

I don’t know if this clown is the kind of leader I want teaching our young forwards about club passion. Imagine Parker, Webke or even Petero saying this shit now, let alone while they were playing.

Last edited:
Nah according to the curriermail his direct quote was

“I’ve always been a cowboys fan. I’ll support them when I finish and stop playing footy as well”

As far as loving the broncos goes his only comments in regards to that refer to him being “lucky enough to be picked up by the broncos” and that he’s greatful for the broncos and the way his career has ended up because he isn’t sure if he’d have had he same journey had he stayed in Townsville.

None of that implies that he prefers the broncos and his “soft spot” for the cows, at least in his words, are far more than that.

I don’t know if this clown is the kind of leader I want teaching our young forwards about club passion. Imagine Parker, Webke or even Petero saying this shit now, let alone after they retire.

That's what gets me. I don't care how he feels privately...but to come out with this shit publicly a week before his 300th and with only a handful of games left to go for Brisbane...honestly, he has an agenda or he's a dumbass.

In Sam’s defence, I do think he’s just a dumbass.

Well hopefully he's smart enough to come out with some sort of reply to the situation. My impression is he's a bit smarter than he puts across. Maybe he is Tallis 2.0 - but I hope not. Just the morale booster the club/fans needed going into the finals.

Last edited:
He should be dropped. His head isn't in it. Maybe the Cowboys will sign him for next year so he can play his 300th at the club he supports. Sick of these pea heart pricks and their lack of passion for the club.

In my chats with Sam over the years, I don't think anyone can doubt his passion for the club. He has a lot of passion and love for the club.

Obviously when he hopes the cows win the premiership next year instead of the Broncos. What you mean to say is, he supports the club while they are paying him.

In my chats with Sam over the years, I don't think anyone can doubt his passion for the club. He has a lot of passion and love for the club.
He just loves the Cowboys more. He has been great for us over the years, but a comment like that is a slap in the face to all Bronco fans. The remark about Benny through the week was bearable as it seemed like a get square with the coach. The remark about supporting the cows when he finishes is quite inconsiderate of the people who have supported him throughout the years. Insensitive Sammy, not a good look mate.

Last edited:
Probably has a gig up there after the season finishes.

Well he can take up the gig on Monday, I don’t want to see him in the team again. I will boo him at the next home game if he is still there.
Honestly I have always been a fan of Thaiday but after the efforts they all put in the other night and then this, it's a kick in the face. I never want to see him in a Broncos jersey again.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  • the_next
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Lozza
  • IceWorks
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.