Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Am i the only one who thinks Knik could do exactly the same for us as Cook does for Souths.

I dunno if he could do the same thing, but he's always looked good as an impact hooker, and we've looked better when he came on as one. If he wanted to become a hooker, I don't see why he couldn't.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I dunno if he could do the same thing, but he's always looked good as an impact hooker, and we've looked better when he came on as one. If he wanted to become a hooker, I don't see why he couldn't.

He would need to work on his fitness, but i think he has more to his game than Cook.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

Yeah I think for the team his best position is that #14. Macca just doesn't give us what we need in his 80min. The Sharks game is a good example - Seggers was running riot as opposed to Brailey who wasn't doing anything. Kodi's someone that can come off the bench and change the game as opposed to a guy who's a warm body for 10-15mins. I mean we made the GF with him there. Not solely obviously, but we certainly won some games directly through him that helped get us there

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
probably true unfortunately

I know the storm got beaten tonight and they were not at their best but god their set pieces are good to watch. Everyone knows their roll. Nobody gets in the way and 9 times out of 10 they get it right.

They only had a handfull of opportunities tonight and they nailed all of those really. A lot of the time we look like we are just throwing the ball in hope.

The other thing I belive is letting us down is our initial decision making. For me your hooker has to have a great kicking and passing game and he has to make the right decisions in attack or he has to be like cook. Very fast and has to threaten everytime he runs the ball. As much as I love McCollough he really isn’t either. His passing game is average at best and so is his kicking game. He is like a small lock who can pass and kick a little. I swear he would run the 100m’s in like 20 something seconds. He is so so slow!

Last edited:
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Yeah I think for the team his best position is that #14. Macca just doesn't give us what we need in his 80min. The Sharks game is a good example - Seggers was running riot as opposed to Brailey who wasn't doing anything. Kodi's someone that can come off the bench and change the game as opposed to a guy who's a warm body for 10-15mins. I mean we made the GF with him there. Not solely obviously, but we certainly won some games directly through him that helped get us there
That's the modern game. You need to be attacking and creative around the ruck. It's something that we have struggled with for a few years now. We just get no punch from out of there.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He would need to work on his fitness, but i think he has more to his game than Cook.
Well, I'd certainly be pretty happy if he did have more to his game, because Cook is far and away the 2nd best hooker in the game right now. He'd just need to want to be a hooker.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I reckon Parcell was exactly what the team needed. He left and then KNik looked great. Now there’s Turpin who could do wonders for this side. I actually don’t really see where Macca fits in this side if they want to be genuine premiership contenders.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I reckon Parcell was exactly what the team needed. He left and then KNik looked great. Now there’s Turpin who could do wonders for this side. I actually don’t really see where Macca fits in this side if they want to be genuine premiership contenders.

The likes of Andrew McCullough and josh McGuire are gonna be mainstays for a long time yet unfortunately. As long as they keep making the rep teams they'll never get dropped regardless of performance

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Article on Twitter has Bennett contemplating moving Boyd back to fullback and droping Kahu [emoji53]

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Article on Twitter has Bennett contemplating moving Boyd back to fullback and droping Kahu [emoji53]

Unfortunately for Jordan Kahu I think his time as a Bronco has played its course. He suffered some serious injuries which probably halted his early development and now we have Isaako as a quality goal kicker he really doesn't offer as much (or more) than the like of Staggs, Perason etc.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016

We need our best 17 on the park, and as much as I love Kahu it doesn't seem like he is in our best 17 at the moment.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Even bring in turpin for more creativity instead of carrying staggs on the bench.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Hope he just brings in Pearson and leaves Boyd and Isaako where they are.
Because I'd say the other option will be Opacic coming into the centre being that Staggs can't start.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Hope he just brings in Pearson and leaves Boyd and Isaako where they are.
Because I'd say the other option will be Opacic coming into the centre being that Staggs can't start.

That is what i would like to see, i think Pearson could be a real weapon for us if he is given another go.

Isaako will go ok at fullback, he needs more time, and he certainly provides more spark from the back than Boyd was.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is what i would like to see, i think Pearson could be a real weapon for us if he is given another go.

Isaako will go ok at fullback, he needs more time, and he certainly provides more spark from the back than Boyd was.

Isaako has shown absolutely no play-making ability at all and for now, that is ok. What he has shown is an ability to make pressure tackles, pop up in the right place at the right time and run the ball back with some intent. These things are very much needed by this side. In a year or so, if he still hasn't shown any play-making ability, then be concerned but for now, he is already offering more facets than Boyd was.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.