Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Isaako has shown absolutely no play-making ability at all and for now, that is ok. What he has shown is an ability to make pressure tackles, pop up in the right place at the right time and run the ball back with some intent. These things are very much needed by this side. In a year or so, if he still hasn't shown any play-making ability, then be concerned but for now, he is already offering more facets than Boyd was.

Maybe WB has told Isaako to play conservative at the back for now, find your feet so to speak.

We certainly look better with Boyd in the centres.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Hope he just brings in Pearson and leaves Boyd and Isaako where they are.
Because I'd say the other option will be Opacic coming into the centre being that Staggs can't start.

I dont think they will pick Tom and i actually hope they dont. If we are just going to bring in a player to sacrifice half way through the game for Staggs i'd rather it not be Tom or Shibasaki. For a start i think its a waste of an interchange and i dont think it does their confidence any good.

I do actually think they will give Shibasaki a run though if they do it. From what i heard they wanted Tom to get a good run of games under his belt for Redcliffe. Dont think he is actually in any better form than Tom, but i think he is good enough. Actually think he is a better center than Kotoni.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Firstly, I am not bagging Isaako - I think he’s been very solid most weeks, a little poor a couple and outstanding others.

I’ve also been very critical of Boyd at times this year. But he’s been very good at centre.

However...

Isaako needs time to develop his playmaking, we can all see that. He deserves it, requires it and should get it. But, I believe we looked far more dangerous in the Bulldogs half when Boyd moved back to fullback. We started creating overlaps that just weren’t there with Isaako at the back.

So, what’s the answer?

For 2018 to be any sort of success, I think a balance is needed. Isaako can play most of the game at the back (strong kick returns, good defence etc.) which will allow him to keep learning, but perhaps we just switch Boyd in when the opportunity presents itself.

Upload 2018 8 4 9 54 15

Last edited:
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I'd love to see Isaako push up around the ruck more and look to support like Tedesco does.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Firstly, I am not bagging Isaako - I think he’s been very solid most weeks, a little poor a couple and outstanding others.

I’ve also been very critical of Boyd at times this year. But he’s been very good at centre.

However...

Isaako needs time to develop his playmaking, we can all see that. He deserves it, requires it and should get it. But, I believe we looked far more dangerous in the Bulldogs half when Boyd moved back to fullback. We started creating overlaps that just weren’t there with Isaako at the back.

So, what’s the answer?

For 2018 to be any sort of success, I think a balance is needed. Isaako can play most of the game at the back which will allow him to keep learning, but perhaps we just switch Boyd in when the opportunity presents itself. So:

View attachment 3572

Or...

1. Isaako
2. Oates
1. Roberts
1. Boyd
4. Shibasaki
1. Milford
1. KNik
8. Lodge
18. Macca
10. Thaiday
19. Glenn
13. TPJ
13. Joffa

4. Staggs
15. Sims
10. McGuire
20. Fifita

Problems solved.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Article on Twitter has Bennett contemplating moving Boyd back to fullback and droping Kahu [emoji53]

I know injuries are forcing bennetts hand with some selections but all this reactive coaching and changes mid game is so bizarre. So what happens with the left centre debacle if Boyd goes back to fullback? Isaako has defensive issues at wing too. Kahu is still our best wing option I feel and shouldn't be dropped unless injured.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I'd love to see Isaako push up around the ruck more and look to support like Tedesco does.

If running is isaakos thing then some inside ball plays to him should be utilised like the old days with khunt

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If running is isaakos thing then some inside ball plays to him should be utilised like the old days with khunt

We don't get quick enough service from dummy half for that to be of any use.

Those plays are much more effective when you're getting quick PTB's and getting quick service out of dummy half.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Article on Twitter has Bennett contemplating moving Boyd back to fullback and droping Kahu [emoji53]

Smart move. Kahu has been shocking recently (he's titans ready imo, they love their ex-Broncos), and Boyd made our backline look better when he moved there at the end of the game against the Dogs.

Isaako's time will come at FB.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Smart move. Kahu has been shocking recently (he's titans ready imo, they love their ex-Broncos), and Boyd made our backline look better when he moved there at the end of the game against the Dogs.

Isaako's time will come at FB.

that article is basically Bennett saying that the move during the game was to make something happen ... and he doesn't know what he will do next week yet

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Funny thing is I think we can still make the top 4 if we win all our games.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
that article is basically Bennett saying that the move during the game was to make something happen ... and he doesn't know what he will do next week yet
It's nothing but a speculative article with no actual quotes stating that Kahu may be dropped. It's just a journo making a guess based on a move WB made during the game. It's enough to fool many of the posters on here though.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
So Thaiday was in the media recently talking about how he’s been a cowboys fan his whole life and will support them when he retires.

Obviously I know players will have an emotional connection to clubs from their youth and their family, and he is from that area but it’s not what you want to hear a few games out from the finals in the last season of a 300 game one club man.

Look forward to Sam becoming Tallis2.0 in his retirement.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So Thaiday was in the media recently talking about how he’s been a cowboys fan his whole life and will support them when he retires.

Obviously I know players will have an emotional connection to clubs from their youth and their family, and he is from that area but it’s not what you want to hear a few games out from the finals in the last season of a 300 game one club man.

you also conveniently left out how he loves the club and is grateful for all we have done for his career ...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Yep.

I know I will be told I am over-reacting but who cares. I am done with Sam now. I read that article this morning and I thought this must be a click-bait title but no. What a flog. If it were up to me he would have played his last game for us. I am sick to fucking death of this club meaning more to the fans than the gronks that make their careers out of it.

Go **** yourself, Sam.

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Yep.

I know I will be told I am over-reacting but who cares. I am done with Sam now. I read that article this morning and I thought this must be a click-bait title but no. What a flog. If it were up to me he would have played his last game for us. I am sick to fucking death of this club meaning more to the fans than the gronks that make their careers out of it.

Go **** yourself, Sam.

Agreed, meanwhile Parker is diehard and even Ennis, who was only here for a few years, is sometimes favourable to us, especially compared to ex-Broncos greats like Tallis...

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
you also conveniently left out how he loves the club and is grateful for all we have done for his career ...

Yeah but it’s like your misses telling you that she loves you heaps and is happily married but always wanted to bang that other dude from your year in high school.

Like yeah, it’s reasonable but it isn’t pleasant to hear it.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Spooky1013
  • Pablo
  • Brocko
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.