Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Fifita didn't get to his feet to play the ball. They haven't let those go all year.
That would be a penalty against us though... we got the ball back for a crowding penalty and he didn't call the penalty until after Macca kicked it.

He was either playing advantage or he incorrectly called a ruck penalty AFTER the ruck was cleared.

Did anyone else see milf and sims having an argument during the game?

Seems to happen a bit. Milf gets frustrated and talks to his players. Be interesting to know if that plays a part in them falling over at the end of games.

It is good to see him talking though.

JT: So, Bennet Jnr, you're going to defend in the line all night? Let me keep kicking into the in-goal where you should be all night then.

Boyd:

Sooo many things shit me with Boyd defending in the line:
- He ends up far too wide sometimes... what the **** is he doing out near the 5/8
- He ends up in the ruck far too often and seemingly makes zero effort to get back to defend the kick
- He stays in the line far too long. Most fullbacks will start in the line and then float in behind when the ball is spread beyond the ruck.
- He doesn't turn and chase when it's kicked through. First try to GGM tonight being a perfect example of him lacking urgency to get back and cover the kick.

Almost all fullbacks defend in the line nowadays, but we consistently give up tries when Darius is in the line... almost every week it seems.

It feels like im saying why do we even have a fulkback far too often for it to have not been picked up by now... opposition halves must be laughing when they see him up knowing even a half decent kick will get a result!!

Funny to see (yet again) that Sims was one of our "better" players last night..
The bloke is leaving the club next year and in the last few weeks is one of very few that are actually standing up.
Side note, I hope WB continues trend and takes DB with him next year. I honestly think that game will have made the board very confident that WB is not the future moving forward.
If we cannot get Seibold to the club from 2019 I would be going after Walters. I think he at least he has the balls to drop under performing players eg Thaiday and Boyd.. and may put the club in some better light then what dull old WB offers week in week out.
Super disappointed after last night..I don't care if we dont make the 8 now, we will more then likely be punted in the first week of the finals anyway..

Last edited:
Funny to see (yet again) that Sims was one of our "better" players last night..
The bloke is leaving the club next year and in the last few weeks is one of very few that are actually standing up.
Side note, I hope WB continues trend and takes DB with him next year. I honestly think that game will have made the board very confident that WB is not the future moving forward.
If we cannot get Seibold to the club from 2019 I would be going after Walters. I think he at least he has the balls to drop under performing players eg Thaiday and Boyd.. and may put the club in some better light then what dull old WB offers week in week out.
Super disappointed after last night..I don't care if we dont make the 8 now, we will more then likely be punted in the first week of the finals anyway..

Walters? Give me a break, we would be better with no coach. Walters record speaks for itself, he's useless. Not to mention, he proved during Origin that he doesn't pick teams, the Courier Mail, Foxsports and Nine pick his teams.

Apart from the missed tackle I thought he played well. Showed a lot of good signs running the ball

Can he catch a ball and stay on his wing? We have two good centre options fit. If need to replace Kahu need a winger.

Very unBENNETT like. New kids usually start on the wing especially if crunch game.

Could you imagine if Macca did that!!

I guess everyone is forgetting the fact that macca had 2 try assists and a third pulled back for a penalty to us (what the **** was that about).

It's just the usual we lose macca shit, kodi shit, Boyd shit, milf shit, blah blah blah

Maccas try assists were good but at expected standard for any NRL quality hooker. But even we accept he was good doesn’t change fact he isn’t holding up to 80 minutes. His best hope IMO to play well is less minutes. Don’t think that is too controversial?

He copped plenty for that, and still is.

But try not to let your blind hatred for Milford distract from the fact that Nikorima can't play at a first grade level unless we rename the sport "Dummy and run". Much like his predessecor in that regard, except at least Hunt knew when to pass and when not to.

I'm almost willing to disregard most of the error in judgements that Milford has at the end of sets, purely because the poor **** has to do everything himself. We NEED a Halfback.
It’d be lovely to still have Hunt but with Milford playing the way he is now, they’d be a much better pairing now. Milford would genuinely take the pressure off him unlike before.

Walters? Give me a break, we would be better with no coach. Walters record speaks for itself, he's useless. Not to mention, he proved during Origin that he doesn't pick teams, the Courier Mail, Foxsports and Nine pick his teams.

what has Walter done that would make you chase him

As stated Walters would be my next in line after Seibold.. He has displayed in the past he is not afraid to drop blokes, and usher in some talent - albeit in the Origin arena.
With WB at the helm, we will continue with our captain/fullback and Niko at 7. Our spine is broken. I could see Walters actually purchasing, or bringing thru a genuine half which we do not currently have and maybe giving the captaincy to a bloke who actually gives something rather then continually chucking his hands in the air.

30 points is enough to win a game. Defence, game management and coughing up field position cost us this game.
Refs decisions look so much worse when you need them to compensate for all the other stuff.

By that logic what’s Milford’s then?

Milford's M.O? I don't know, occasionally delivering but often not due to age, experience and lack of support from team mates? Not to mention having to run the whole show for several years after Hunt mentally collapsed and being stuck with Niko.

Even if they are playing perfect error free football, but are not one of the favourites, they get savaged on here

Totally agree. This isn't a dig at Kotoni, more a dig at some of the hypocrites on here, but against melbourne he got badly out of position and failed to run any kind of block on Vunivalu who got the one free run at Oates he had all game for a high ball and scored from it. If that had been Pearson, or Opacic, or Boyd, they would have been crucified. Like I keep saying, inexperienced players make errors. You have to accept it.

Anyone without a vested interest in seeing us / Wayne / Scapegoat Player fail could see that last night was one of the most scripted games in the history of manufactured results.

It was spoken about pre-game, we were never going to win, but it was always going to be a manufactured close result.

When either team was down by enough points, the ghost penalties came out. For the first 70 minutes though, both teams got the benefits of the calls. There was one there when we were "fighting back" where Sims just flopped like a fish with no defenders touching him, gets a penalty in front. Once the Cows were 12 behind with 20 to go, they got every fucking call. The commentators were wanking on how much of a difference Scott, Taumalolo and McLean made, but dismiss the fact the Cowboys got 3 or 4 piggybacks late in the tackle count simply by holding the jerseys of our tacklers and not allowing them to get off to milk penalties. It was the exact same tactics as the 2015 grand final, but the refs didn't just fall for it, they were hoping for it so they could blow the whistle.

We should have been up by 8 when McCullough grubbered for Milford for what would have been the match-sealing try, but nope, that's not the fairytale we're after tonight.

I'm less pissed off with the result, and more pissed off that you could foresee 5 minutes in to the future and it just went perfectly to plan. This competition is a manufactured farce, scripted by the need for TV ratings, engineered by the bloke in the video ref's chair (how that still hasn't blown up just shows how protected Greenburg is), and enacted by a bunch of pawns on the field who are all vying to have their fairytale be THE fairytale of that season.

Piss poor effort. They didn't show up, they don't want to play, the captain is useless, the new centre shouldn't see another jersey for a long time, the coach is a fuckwits for not using his entire bench, and our halves are fucking utterly useless.

Nashy, your the most honest blokes on here & for the most part I agree with you and all feel the frustration but cant agree with you on Shibasaki. Other than Feldt miss which was a second effort I thought he did pretty well. I cant have a dig at debutant when we had 100 plus gamers that were rubbish.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • Galah
  • broncotville
  • Broncorob
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.