Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Has to be said - Milf's kick on the 3rd tackle cost us the game. I HATE this tactic and how often it is employed. With the game on the line, when you need to be closing the shit out? Awful, awful.
Bingo.

Got it in one.

Dumb play.

Just another soft show pony option. He does that a lot.

Ps he passes it we have an overlap and probably score.

Bennett is done. Not a chance in hell he is coaching next year, and the fact he is feeding the fire with the Penrith speculation I want him to fucking rot. Selfish **** who has always chased the money yet always tries to deny it. Absolute scum of a human. Obviously has terrible tastes as well seeing as he thinks Darius is good

I think it's way past your bedtime.

Wayne in the presser “I cannot fault their efforts tonight.”
How can’t he..? 10 penalties, 10 errors, and something like 50% completion rate in the first half. If he isn’t going to question their efforts on that then we have deeper problems then I thought.

It's still a load of rubbish the second time around. Maybe watch the break again when you have calmed down a bit kid.
That wasn’t his fault. There were too many cowboys in the way for Glenn to pass it.

Has to be said - Milf's kick on the 3rd tackle cost us the game. I HATE this tactic and how often it is employed. With the game on the line, when you need to be closing the shit out? Awful, awful.

Bad play.

He has been one of our best though.

How can’t he..? 10 penalties, 10 errors, and something like 50% completion rate in the first half. If he isn’t going to question their efforts on that then we have deeper problems then I thought.

This is the same spiel hook used to give even after a flogging. We let in 16 unanswered points in the final 20 odd minutes? How is that a good effort.

I think it's way past your bedtime.
And I think you’re either Wayne or you are drunk.

The coach is supposed to instill all the things we lack, like discipline.

From the outset, settle the **** down gents. Stop bitching about this player or that player. It’s a team game and regardless of all the points I intent to make below, we were not good enough to control our own destiny.
I’m 41 and have been highly invested in my team since ‘88. In the NSWRL era you knew you were going to get screwed. The important aspect was that the “opposition” knew they were ploughing ring. Today it’s like they deny any variation of interpretation, favouritism or whatever you want to call it. For the first time in a long time, I watched the game alcohol free. Not the norm but I feel I’m reasonably capable of noticing trends even with a bit of piss in me. More so sober and with recent events, I’m getting more attuned to the vagrancy of the NRL. Tonight’s game was a perfect example. The time allowed for slowing the ruck was all over the place. Certainly not to our favour at exactly the wrong times, or so it seemed to me. Such a sense of “keep it close”. And the no try to Milford but we’ll give you a penalty? Not a hint of WTF from Ch9. Surprising? It’s really, really frustrating but I know my team, YOUR team will overcome this adversity but **** me, it’s painful.

I can't believe he'll chop and change a position on a weekly basis and even mid game but won't budge on the nikorima situation. Stubborn old fool

The main issue is that we have nobody who's knocking on the door to take his spot, but once again, that's Wayne's fault and everyone else in charge of recruitment & retention.

We obviously should never have lost Taylor, but even then, we've had ample opportunity to sign several potential replacements for Nikorima over the last 12-18 months and Wayne is seemingly just refusing to even consider anyone with first grade experience.. I'm not sure if it's because he's too stubborn as you say and doesn't want to look like a fool for putting all of his eggs in the Nikorima basket or what.. But something has to change up top before anything is going to change on the field, imo.

The whole organisation seems to be in disorder right now. The prime example of that is the Payne Haas re-signing. In what world would the Brisbane Broncos need to spend that much money & be locked in for that many years on a player who's essentially never played first grade? That was a top shelf "trying to save my job" re-signing by Bennett if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
This is the same spiel hook used to give even after a flogging. We let in 16 unanswered points in the final 20 odd minutes? How is that a good effort.
He knows we can’t win it this year and he’s going to get the sack so he doesn’t give a shit any more.

If I was the board I’d announce his sacking at 9 am tomorrow.

Putting in effort doesn't mean he thinks we played well. Our second half was full of effort...there was just a lot of dumb plays and options taken. We could have put in more effort at times but I put that down to leadership.

Team looks like a team that has internal issues. Surely the players are sick of their captain playing like a cat. No good being a leader if you turn around and no ones following you....Milf had the shits with Niko tonight big time so we've got the halves who aren't clicking, a broken forward pack with Gillett, Sua and now TPJ injured, a hooker who's clearly down on form and a Fullback/captain who shouldn't be on the field. Coach is under serious pressure...No one looks like they are enjoying the football.

Yes. He has not been dropped for non-disciplinary reasons since he was given the 9 jersey. The quality of our back-up hooker options have been trending consistently down to the point where we don't even seem to even be trying to develop anyone. Since Lockyer retired, nobody has had more job security than McCullough. I doubt Turpin is going to be an NRL quality rake either. He most likely would have signed here to play QLD Cup rather than NSW Cup.

I’ll take your word on Turpin, I’m sure you’ve seen more of him than I have.

I agree with McCullough’s job security and that’s what seems like a mistake to me. Gut feeling says he’s got the job “for life” but he is only 28, I think there’s questions marks over his game as it is right now, and he could play until what, 33? 35?

Macca is to slow to play 9 . Offers nothing in attack. Glenn has become a penalty machine of late. Thaidays played his 300th so now he can retire now

Last edited:
Team looks like a team that has internal issues. Surely the players are sick of their captain playing like a cat. No good being a leader if you turn around and no ones following you....Milf had the shits with Niko tonight big time so we've got the halves who aren't clicking, a broken forward pack with Gillett, Sua and now TPJ injured, a hooker who's clearly down on form and a Fullback/captain who shouldn't be on the field. Coach is under serious pressure...No one looks like they are enjoying the football.
Well all,of a sudden the try machine Sims does! In fact I couldn't fault our forward pack tonight (OK Macca had a few howlers) but his step and kick to Milf was thing of beauty.

Thinking back over the season it's sort of been the story of the year. We're close to be being a great team but still short in one or two areas. Things that can be controlled and improved quite easily is the manner in which we are losing our discipline and giving away stupid dumb penalties. If we had some real leadership out there most of them would never happen. Yeh we could have nicked it with Milf's no try, but we've won three or four like that right at the death so it was bound to come back and bite us.

Yep, nailed it, discipline and leadership. Two things we've lacked all year. Coach thinks we're all good though.

But hey, at least that's the last time we have to play Thurston with his assy last minute game winning bullshit! Silver linings, guys.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.