Round 22 Discussion

Whatchu guys make of the T-Rex no try?

Storm are in the comp right up to their ears. Took the $6.50 about them last week. Fantastic price - they always undergo a heavy conditioning block straight after Origin that slows them down for a few weeks. They're a much stronger team this year - their youngsters have experience and they've added Hoffman and Ryles.

Storm are in the comp right up to their ears. Took the $6.50 about them last week. Fantastic price - they always undergo a heavy conditioning block straight after Origin that slows them down for a few weeks. They're a much stronger team this year - their youngsters have experience and they've added Hoffman and Ryles.

yep, whoever wrote them off was crazy.

Good game, Cows their own worst enemy but the defence from the Sea Eagles gave them very little.

JT played some dumb footy, clearly the play should have been directed at Buhrer yet kept sticking to the left and even attempted an all or nothing chip kick when there were better options.

Sea Eagles could very well go back to back this year IMO.

Yeah Manly's defence won them that game, Cowboys attack was good in my opinion but they just couldn't crack their defence.

Anyone else notice how lenient the refs are on the second markers standing square?

The Dogs and Manly in particular are getting a big advantage from it.

What this weekend has taught me (so far...)

Dragons are paying the price (pun never intended) for winning a premiership, their 2012 season is effectively over and their issues are far bigger than Soward's ordinary performance.

A spine of Slater, Widdop, Cronk & Smith means the Storm are back in business. They've halted the slide and they'll be the team to beat come September.

Des is one of the best defensive coaches of all time. Not only is his work at the Dogs been noticeable, but his structures are clearly in place at Manly. Both teams won on the back of their defence and are the Storm's biggest obstacle for the premiership.

Knights might make the finals, but they'll only be finals fodder. Cows just lack the polish to be a real premiership threat and despite a good mixture of experience and youth they don't have the gamebreakers to out-gun the top sides.

I wouldn't go rushing to call the Storm premiership favourites. After all, they beat Penrith tonight. And only for a half were they any good against them. They are still a contender, but the Dogs are the team to beat as far as I'm concerned.

And as I do every thread about Premiership contenders, I'll say this: Watch out for the Warriors.

Melbourne's win tonight reminded me of what Bennett said about Renouf's 97 season. Renouf was having a very ordinary season to the point where he should have been dropped. However, during the World Club Championship, Wayne made sure Renouf played because he knew it'd give him confidence. Sure enough, Renouf started scoring try after try and by the end of the season, he was our stand out in the grand final scoring 4.

I recall Melbourne looked gone in 09 when they were getting beaten by sides like St. George Illawarra & Manly but then they got to play all the bottom feeders and what did you know? They just rolled through everyone in the finals. Think we're on track for the same thing.

I'm still not convinced by the dogs, their forwards are hardly scary just hard working. They are playing with tons of confidence atm but a loss here or there could dent the confidence a bit.

Manly are still my pick and have been for the last 6 weeks or so. If they keep that side on the park they will be very hard to beat.
If the Broncs don't make it, Melb v Manly would be a great GF

The Cowboys could have won easily tonight but their handling and Manly defence lost them the game. I actually thought JT played well as he created opportunities for his backs but they couldn't finish them off. In November last year I predicted that Dessie could take Canterbury to a premiership and change their reputation as he did with Manly and it has happened. In 1 season he has transformed Canterbury from an inconsistent team into genuine premiership material.

Sharks are up 20-0 against the Warriors. Maloney looks to have done his knee or ankle as well.

Blow a lead last 2 weeks, this week come back from a lead?

Been listning to the game on the radio (I just went driving with dad). Cronulla and Carney are playing extremly well and are leading by 21-4 at halftime.

Warriors are gawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!

Massive dive by Vatuvei there.

Unread

Active Now

• LGH
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.