Round 22 Discussion

Snowden getting on report was stupid, there were a lot of poor calls in that game. The standard of the referring is so below average. Cronulla were the better team and should've won btw

Last edited:
He did win the Dally M backrower of the year twice in a row did he not?
yeh, despite other second rowers polling MUCH higher in the overall player of the year dally m award. the individual position dally m awards are just the selectors playing favourites. the only one that really means anything is the player of the year, and even then its debatable as its highly skewed towards one man teams.

You argued your own point.

Regardless, in 2010, Sam polled higher than any other second row.

Once upon a time Sam Thaiday was a top quality backrower who always ran hard and offered us a lot. These days that's true about half the time, and always should be changed to sometimes.

He's still got more runs on the board than Papali but I've no doubt Papali has a lot more potential and talent than Thaiday. That's not to see he'll reach it but he's got more power and talent than Thaiday and so when he runs hard it is more potent than when Sam does.

Thaiday has been beefed up during the last couple of years which has affected his game and stamina but he is still a very good player and has played some top games for us this year. Papali has a lot of potential but he still has a long way to go if he wants to tie Thiaday's shoes.

Papalii certainly has plenty of potential, but as BM said, he still has ways to go to even compare with Thaiday. He hasn't even come close to Thaiday's best!

As strong as Papalii was, he wasn't the star of the game for the Raiders. That would be Blake Ferguson who had a strong game in his return, having a hand in all four of Canberra's tries. It really is a shame about the night club incident because when he's at full flight he's got a ton of talent to burn.

Shame the Raiders had their usual brain fades, I actually thought they applied themselves more than the Roosters. With that said, Sydney are a class outfit this year and to see JWH lay in some of those hits was fantastic.

I just think he has got it over Thaiday in every area right now.

Stronger runner, much better defender, can even pop a pass away. And he doesn't dud it up when playing in the middle of the field.

I've never particularly rated Thaiday though. Even at his best I thought he was overrated.

if papalli keeps improving at the rate he is, he will be better than thaiday has ever been within the next 2-3 years IMO.

Last edited:
I just think he has got it over Thaiday in every area right now.

Stronger runner, much better defender, can even pop a pass away. And he doesn't dud it up when playing in the middle of the field.

I've never particularly rated Thaiday though. Even at his best I thought he was overrated.

I have to say that I also think Thaiday is overrated. Not a bad player by any means but I don't really know how he seems to be an automatic selection in all the rep teams. He is a hard nut and you can never question his commitment but he has hands like feet and he runs at the man not the gap.

Despite scoring a try, SJ was clearly a liability today. It's a pity he can't find consistent form!

Sssh pwn will hear you ;)

Manly just constantly threaten, their completion rate showed at the start, no Griffin ball there

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Behold
  • Mr Fourex
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • LittleDavey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Hurrijo
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Inknition
  • Strop
  • Cavalo
  • MrRobot
  • JamesC
  • Lozza
  • Battler
  • BruiserMk1
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.