LIVE Round 22 Discussion

Wow Brooks went through the field like there was no one on the field the hole was that big.

Brisbane
It was exactly the same lol a bloke that overruns the play and then gets caught in the way. How isn't it any different? Eisunhuth sells it the same way Austin did except he fell over. They both could have made the tackle. It's how it is if people want a black and white rule
Well for starters, Graham ran into Austin and initiates the contact and Ricky runs behind him..

Peachey doesn't run behind Wallace who doesn't make any contact with Eisenhuth, who actually had the chance to get Peachey had he focused on the tackle and not stuck the arm out to milk a penalty. Wallace wasn't actually directly in Eisenhuth's line.

If anything, Eisenhuth initiated the contact by sticking the arm out to make contact with Wallace.

Please tell me how they are the same.

JayPee

QCup Player
Well for starters, Graham ran into Austin and initiates the contact and Ricky runs behind him..

Peachey doesn't run behind Wallace who doesn't make any contact with Eisenhuth, who actually had the chance to get Peachey had he focused on the tackle and not stuck the arm out to milk a penalty. Wallace wasn't actually directly in Eisenhuth's line.

Please tell me how they are the same.
Lol he didn't initiate shit. He overran the ball and then just submitted and Austin ran into him to get the obstruction. Just how Wallace got into the line and just stood there. Which is the rule. Exactly the same. I am happy to give them both tries but they are exactly the same.

Brisbane
Lol he didn't initiate shit. He overran the ball and then just submitted and Austin ran into him to get the obstruction. Just how Wallace got into the line and just stood there. Which is the rule. Exactly the same. I am happy to give them both tries but they are exactly the same.
He didn't initiate the contact by running straight into Austin?

You need glasses mate.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
That try to mitchell under the rules isnt a try. Once somebody falls off it is still classed as two in the tackle. Eels got penalised for it a few weeks ago. Stupid rule but they clearly got it wrong
They got it right. If the first player drops off before the second makes contact it's fair game.

JayPee

QCup Player
He didn't initiate the contact by running straight into Austin?

You need glasses mate.
He didn't run directly into him. You are the one needing the glasses. He overran the ball and then Austin played it well and ran into him because he was in the way.

JayPee

QCup Player
They got it right. If the first player drops off before the second makes contact it's fair game.
No it isn't. Cummins penalised Tapine for the same thing a few weeks ago and a Parra player got penalised for the same thing a few weeks later. The rule is once a player is shrugged off that is counted as being 2 in the tackle. It's a dumb rule but that is exactly what it is. Cummins explained it to Canberra like that.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
No it isn't. Cummins penalised Tapine for the same thing a few weeks ago and a Parra player got penalised for the same thing a few weeks later. The rule is once a player is shrugged off that is counted as being 2 in the tackle. It's a dumb rule but that is exactly what it is. Cummins explained it to Canberra like that.
I didn't see the other times, but if that's what happened they were wrong. Regardless of what happened last time, today was 100% correct.

If 2 are in the tackle and one drops off, it's a penalty. If they touch the player at different times, such as the Mitchell try, it's play on.

JayPee

QCup Player
I didn't see the other times, but if that's what happened they were wrong. Regardless of what happened last time, today was 100% correct.

If 2 are in the tackle and one drops off, it's a penalty. If they touch the player at different times, such as the Mitchell try, it's play on.

This is what confuses people. Lol there was just one then that is similar. I don't get what difference it makes.

Brisbane
There it is.

A poor kick from Luke Brooks gave Penrith a nice roll on and finally they give the ball to Cartwright, exploit Brooks on the fringe and score a nice try to seal the result.

They did it the tough way Penrith, but they were just too strong across the park for Wests.

Members online