Round 22 Discussion

Any team that smacks the Eels always brings a smile to my face (yes even if it’s Manly)

Parra fans can be pretty fucking intolerable when they are winning so happy to see them flop at the moment. It feels like there in the position we were about three years ago.

Technically what Cleary did isn't a shoulder charge.

What happened actually happens quite regularly in the NRL and I can't recall seeing a charge from it. You can use the shoulder to brace for contact. Milford has got away with it quite a few times over the years. Sam Burgess was known for doing it, as well.

If he had kept running and went into the tackle leading with the shoulder, it would have been a different story. That's when it becomes a shoulder charge.
The NRL set a bad precedent when they let Ryan James off back in 2017. Sam Burgess then used the same argument and Billy Slater was able to use those cases after his tackle on Feki.

They're shoulder charges but since the rule was so poorly written they've once again created this grey area to get star players off in the big matches.

It does lend some creedence to Gus' suggestion that we should find another way to punish players. We get in these situations with these big show piece games where we want the star players playing and then bend over backwards to get them off.

The whole reason they reviewed the shoulder charge in the first place was because of how they bent over backwards to let Ennis and Wighton play in the 2016 finals. It was a crock and nothing has changed, even after the Ackerman incident - just sad really.

Knights getting gifted into the finals here... how on earth is Nikora penalised for that

Knights getting gifted into the finals here... how on earth is Nikora penalised for that
Nah it’s just the pumpkin official. How they missed the Newcastle player letting go of the ball and then retrieving it to play on is disgraceful

Annersley's weekly media conference will go for 4 hours tomorrow with all the dreadful (and I'm being generous here) officiating this weekend.

and i'm betting he dances around the subjects as best he can, with the impossible task of trying to make the officials look somewhat competent.

Annersley's weekly media conference will go for 4 hours tomorrow with all the dreadful (and I'm being generous here) officiating this weekend.

and i'm betting he dances around the subjects as best he can, with the impossible task of trying to make the officials look somewhat competent.

Which will be a challenge because he already fails at making himself seem somewhat competent.

Which will be a challenge because he already fails at making himself seem somewhat competent.
The funny thing is he would achieve a lot more good will and credibility if he just owned up to the fact the got it wrong and detailed a plan to improve. He is such a slimy little cockroach of a politician though that he has no idea around the concept of accountability.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.