Round 22 - Dragons vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Bittersweet afternoon.

Boys were courageous despite losing their star strike player early and a series of bizarre ref. calls giving the Dragons a chance to bounce back.

Forwards were good, halves played their most complete performance of the year and the backs did a job.

But jesus christ...not Hodgo!!!

Was at the game. Funny match. Not a lot of atmosphere early, but it picked up late.

Devastated by the injury to Hodges. Felt like we got a lot of tough calls against us, but that may have just been a vocal home crowd. Good win for all of that.

I personally would like to see Hodges call it a day after next season, come back in 10 months give us the good ole Hodges we love and retire hopefully on top. Don't destroy your body dude!

Would love to see him retire on his terms, ending his final game on the field instead of the sidelines. Also want him to stick around as a mentor to young players, the guy's seen and been through it all.

We really missed Hodges in defence. And due to ridiculous refereeing this really gave them a chance they didn't deserve. Don't know how on earth we can cover effectively for Hodges now. Puts a real dent in our finals hopes.

I just hope to god this doesn't mean maranta is back in the side. Stagg to centre and another forward on the bench over him IMO. How about hannants ball playing? God I missed having him out on the field. McCullough played really well and do did hunt. Made a couple of poor 6th tackle decisions but he is really showing promise. Odds are stacked against us without hodgo but I have faith

Well unless Kahu passes a fitness test or Copley makes some surprise comeback he will be back you would have to think.

I just hope to god this doesn't mean maranta is back in the side. Stagg to centre and another forward on the bench over him IMO. How about hannants ball playing? God I missed having him out on the field. McCullough played really well and do did hunt. Made a couple of poor 6th tackle decisions but he is really showing promise. Odds are stacked against us without hodgo but I have faith

1. Hoffman
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Drew

screw it, go with youth and let's win it!

Didn't play as well as we can but a win is a win. Very disappointed to see Hodges out and that injury is possibly the end of his season. Showed character to win as the whole team stepped up after the Dragons had taken the lead. I don't normally complain about referees but they seemed to get an advantage in the ruck.

Was at the game and throughly enjoyed it. Added a few new autographs to my cap with Darren Lockyer signing my cap and grand final team shirt, had a chat to Yow Yeh as well and he was walking pretty well.

I don't understand why Jordan Drew is being rubbished so hard. I reckon he had a pretty solid debut.

I haven't seen anyone rubbish him....?

The Maranata comeback/Kahu/Copley miracle return etc etc .....talk, is concerned with the replacement of Hodges now he's gone for the year.

With that in mind......Drew made a couple of crucial defensive errors and spilled the ball in our own 20m. Yes he also scored a catch and fall try.

I don't see him being any better or worse than Maranta.

I haven't seen anyone rubbish him....?

The Maranata comeback/Kahu/Copley miracle return etc etc .....talk, is concerned with the replacement of Hodges now he's gone for the year.

With that in mind......Drew made a couple of crucial defensive errors and spilled the ball in our own 20m. Yes he also scored a catch and fall try.

Maybe, but at least he looks alive

I don't think he did any better or worse than what Maranta can do, given the fact that he's only had 1 game, he deserves a couple more shots before bringing numbnuts back in..speaking of Maranta..anyone happen to watch the QLD cup game where the commentators were doing nothing but applaud him, saying his future is playing Lock?

Unless Kahu or Copley are ready for next week, I'll hope for

1) Hoffman
2) Byrnes
3) Reed
4) Oates
5) Drew

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • teampjta
  • Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.