vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping for a win today so we can get back on track. Anyone else reckon if Roberts has another big game, then he would lock himself in for Dally M Center of the year? I can't think of any center who is playing better than him. His only competition would be Croker, Gagai or D.Walker, but none of them have been setting it a light like Roberts.

Hoping for a win today so we can get back on track. Anyone else reckon if Roberts has another big game, then he would lock himself in for Dally M Center of the year? I can't think of any center who is playing better than him. His only competition would be Croker, Gagai or D.Walker, but none of them have been setting it a light like Roberts.

Could be Chambers purely because he plays for the Storm. Or Mitchell because of Don Politis.

Feels strange supporting the Bronx when on Derby days i usually dust off my "Hodges is a Grub" banner :notsureifserious:

Time to buy into the culture mate. There's a great banner that someone on BHQ has that will help with this.....

If he had the will and was prepared to do the fitness and defence he could be a great hooker, far better than as a halfback. He was really good when he played for Australia as impact . And hopefully it takes the pressure off to be the game manager. Just pass well, pick the side to go to and an occasional kick for momentum. He can choose his moments to do something brilliant. Would prefer he didn't start, would have liked Waddell to do the first 30 and then let Hunt rip on tired forwards. Could McGuire do the first 20? Problem with that is the lack of go forward from hooker and no other big meter reliable forwards. Thaiday at hooker is wrong in so many ways. Might as well put a cutout of Macca in the defensive line probably more effect at holding the ruck.

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos will go with some shock changes for the match with the Gold Coast Titans tonight.
In a surprise move, Alex Glenn will start the match at hooker, with Ben Hunt going back to a utility role off the bench.
Sam Thaiday comes into the second row.
Herman Ese’ese will play as a middle forward from the interchange list, while Benji Marshall is out of the squad.
As expected, Corey Oates will make his return from an extended illness lay-off, with David Mead out of the team.

BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd ©
18. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
11. Alex Glenn
10. Adam Blair
14. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
9. Ben Hunt
15. Tevita Pangai
16. Joe Ofahengaue
20. Herman Ese’ese
Coach: Wayne Bennett

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/08/05/late_mail_broncos_sh.html

Happy to have somewhere in there for the first 20-30 mins and defend out the initial period. Benny to come in and play out the game

Had a feeling glenn would swap in for hunt . Just hope he can get our forwards rolling before hunt comes on.

Kevin Proctor out for the Titans.

I these are just stupid changes. Why move a player who has had 10 times the amount of time at hooker than anyone else. Also why have Thiday starting, he should come on at front row or lock, because he lacks the fitness or awareness of second row now.

Surely this hooker musical chairs won't cost us the game. Surely we can beat the titans.

I'm thinking Sammy will defend in the middle and Glenn will play dummy half. After 20-30mins Hunt will come on for Sammy or Blair/Sims and Glenn reverts back to second row

I don't mind the move it will be good for our defense in the opening stages before Hunt can come on while there is fatigue and start the flow of attack.

Glenn at hooker..

Fucking hell.

i suspect Bennett wants Glenn to soak up the defense for the first 20, before Hunt plays the rest of the match.

but this also debunks the media's claim that Thaiday would be spending time at hooker

Although I would want the titans to win this game to help the Sharks top 4 hopes out, I hope the broncos win this game

If Titans were to win I could see the Broncos putting in a massive effort against the Sharks next week, which I wouldn't like.

Hopefully you blokes blow them out of the water, and stroll into next week very complacent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.