PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2021] Broncos vs Warriors

Expecting a big one from Flegler today. Regardless of if you agree with the call or not it was his actions that cost us the penalty which lost the last game for us.

That and with lodge and TPJ gone a starting front row spot is now up for grabs and someone needs to stand up and consistently support Payne. He's 21 and played over 50 games so time to prove his worth.

Also hope to see a big one from Glenn. Guys generally play with alot less stress once they've made these big decisions so hopefully he puts in a big last few performances.

I'm tipping a Bronco victory today which will fully extinguish the Warrior's very slim playoff hopes. It won't be easy and the game won't reach any great heights standard wise. It really is a match which falls into the category of the "who cares stakes". Brisbane by 4.

I think the game is winnable if we just complete our sets and remain calm with ball in hand.

Over the last few weeks warriors have been very slow starters and I get the sense they are pretty well resigned to not having an impact in the finals and just wanting to get home.

Not sure when it would've happened specifically, but a combination of RTS just wanting to leg it early and the NZ/Aust travel bubble being cancelled was probably the catalyst and they just start very sluggishly.

They've mainly been kept in games recently due to poor performances from their opposition and eventually they give the warriors a sniff at which point they wake up and start playing.

If we complete above 80%, take advantage of play early and build a little lead up, then we should be able to cruise to a victory.

Unfortunately things can change very quickly under Vlando ball and we have no idea how to win games anymore... so if we don't put them away early or allow them to get any sort of confidence then they can quite quickly change the position of the game and get on top.

Hoping for a big game from Kelly. People seem to be a little worried about his ability to be a genuine halfback, but he's been playing that role over in ESL for years and even in games for us he's been the primary half (vs roosters 1st game, etc.), so he knows how to do the role and it will allow Milf to just fill in as a normal 6.

Milf needs to have the motivation to put himself into positions though i.e. supporting play and also wrapping around to link up with Kelly and Niu.

If Milf just parks himself on the left edge then everything will be put on Kelly and we won't have enough strike.

If Padman isn't back next week, I'm going on strike:

The Milf looked trim last week. Lakes involvement and played poorly IMO but was as trim as if seen for a while.
I get your point, and you are right, he did look trim.

That said, I couldn’t really care less if he looked like George Rose, so long as he played well and left everything he had on the field.

But he can’t manage to put everything that is required of a professional athlete together at the one time, which is pretty much the story of his career, sans a real purple patch that had him in the top few players in the game.

I'm locking us in for the win. If we don't I will fall on my sword.

look like a bunch of happy lads
Geez two pictures of the Herbinator passing the footy. Must be collectors items.
Rumour has it that they’re calling him the Pope, coz he won’t pass the pill.

It is possible but the Warriors have it all to play for. The win against the Sharks was a gritty game. A big match long game from the starting props will be needed. I give as a 30% chance.

Geez two pictures of the Herbinator passing the footy. Must be collectors items.
Rumour has it that they’re calling him the Pope, coz he won’t pass the pill.
You can bet this has been printed 1:1, framed behind glass like Banksy’s Kissing Coppers in Brighton and now adorns the main wall in a brand spanking new luxury GC pad.

Anyone wanna question if Haas has come to play?

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.