vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any feedback on Paix game on the weekend, is Turpin getting dropped for him? Flegler starting I'm liking more and more as well. He puts some tough footy to begin the game but after he comes back on from his 1st stint he's been awesome for us and good call by Walters in my opinion.

Any feedback on Paix game on the weekend, is Turpin getting dropped for him? Flegler starting I'm liking more and more as well. He puts some tough footy to begin the game but after he comes back on from his 1st stint he's been awesome for us and good call by Walters in my opinion.
Feedback from Smoking Jo:

Paix is getting an unfair wrap on here. He hasn’t been the same since the knee injury and there is no argument there but before that, he was doing a really good job off the bench. Our bench in fact and second halves when he came on were a real strength in our winning streak.

Its strange to me Paix has plateaued. He has ability but hasnt seemed to kick on this year. Maybe he just cant put it together to progress.

I think the feeling with Paix is that he's better than the replacements, the same way that Walters is better than Turpin, so we have no choice but to sort of be excited when he plays. However unless he has a big jump over the offseason, I don't think he'll ever be particularly good. He is just too inconsistent, can't sustain for even moderate periods of time...lets face it, it shouldn't be hard to look good as a hooker behind Haas, Carrigan and Flegler, it gives you a pretty big advantage and no one has really shined there yet.

Palasia played his first game for Wynnum this season and in a strange game for Wynnum who the first half were horrible he pulled up well. He was strong would be how I would describe it. Few offloads in the second half when Wynnum were coming back.

He was sent to work on his defence, it was a great battle with Neale in the middle.

Paix has been really good this year up till the injury, I thought especially on our winning run he was reaching new heights as a player thus far.

I would like to see him back soon, I don't think he has plateaued at all.

Have been playing around with the ladder predictor.

It'll take 30 points to make the finals this year. We're currently on 28.

If we win at least ONE out of Storm, Eels, Dragons to finish the season then we make finals even if Canberra and Roosters win out.

If we don't win any, we are still a chance but need results to go our way.

Obviously Dragons will be our best chance, but every game from here on out is a huge one. Would be heartbreaking to lose 3 straight (and 5 from 6) to end the year and then miss the finals after how good our season has been.

Paix is getting an unfair wrap on here. He hasn’t been the same since the knee injury and there is no argument there but before that, he was doing a really good job off the bench. Our bench in fact and second halves when he came on were a real strength in our winning streak.

It's always been a case of anyone except Turpin, until it was Kevvie's kid.. then suddenly Paix was spoken about as the saviour and the best hooker we've had in years, which isn't the case.

Defensively he's not up to it, the try against the Tigers for mine was the one where Kevvie felt the need to act on it

Paix has gone back to 2019-2020 Paix and he's unsure what his role is and why he's doing it.

I thought he had overcome this with his form in 21 at Souths but the last two games he's back to hesitating and no impact.

V Redcliffe- two runs for 1m
V Norths eight runs for 52m

Hazard has come on and had more impact with 10/94 and 4/45. There was a period yesterday when Souths were on top, they scored a few tries and things were ripe for some runs but he didn't take it.

The reason turpin sticks out like dogs balls is that bloody trigger movement before he passes it.

Gives the defence ample time to move up.

I thought paix was going well too during our winning streak. He was coming on after 20 minutes but slowly Kevvie was giving more time to Billy for some reason. Paix wasn’t as effective after that as he was coming on after half time for some games allowing tiring forwards to have a break.

I thought paix was going well too during our winning streak. He was coming on after 20 minutes but slowly Kevvie was giving more time to Billy for some reason. Paix wasn’t as effective after that as he was coming on after half time for some games allowing tiring forwards to have a break.
I thought Paix was going good when Flegler, Kennedy, Kobe were coming off the bench and really ripping in. There were games when those guys would come on and we seemed to up the tempo and play with something abit different and Paix was playing off the back of that.
We've gone away from that a bit in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Cavalo
  • Bish
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.