Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

And I laugh at people expecting more from billy walters. He's never professed to be hooker, it's because paix is a retard and can't hold his spot and Turpin has dropped off a cliff that billy is been turned into a bastardised option. Give him some time to develop in the position. A pre season or something, jesus christ. As for rikki, he's 22 years old. Kurt capewell hadn't even had his debut at 22.

And I laugh at people expecting more from billy walters. He's never professed to be hooker, it's because paix is a retard and can't hold his spot and Turpin has dropped off a cliff that billy is been turned into a bastardised option. Give him some time to develop in the position. A pre season or something, jesus christ. As for rikki, he's 22 years old. Kurt capewell hadn't even had his debut at 22.
Nah, ive had three seasons of lowered expectations and 50+ point floggings.
Gonna flip my shit anytime we get beat by more than 20 from here on out.

I wouldn't like to see the club spend 900+ on Hunt at 9

I would like to see that if he were a halfback with the option of 9 but we don't need a halfback. He's unproven in the week to week 80 minute 40+ tackles a game grind of the NRL at a hooker. He can chime in every now and then and do is as good as any elite hooker but I dunno how confident I would be of him defensively

Nah, ive had three seasons of lowered expectations and 50+ point floggings.
Gonna flip my shit anytime we get beat by more than 20 from here on out.
trading in the job as a wardie to be a patient then?

Boy some of the fans show the same resilience of our team against the storm. Bunch of frantic bedwetters. We always get dusted by the storm, it's nothing new. Lets not forget that their spine consists of arguably 3 of the 4 best players in their respective positions. We have a 19 year old 5/8 with 10 nrl games under his belt, a 5/8 playing fb in his first season of nrl in 3 years after traumatic brain injury and a 5/8 turned hooker on minimum wage.. the fact we have done as well as we have this year is remarkable. Lower your expectations just a little. We can't mix it with the likes of the storm at present and that's okay.

Yeah, that's a cop out.

He played Hooker and Half at Tigers so it's fair to judge him as one, otherwise you think it's totally fine having only 2 hookers in the top 30 both of which would be used in the 17, leaving none with any injury to either.

Walters is 28 I don't know what your expecting from development but that should go to Paix who is the much younger option, his form dipped coming back from a knee injury not because ''retard', but he also was a half converted to a Hooker before making it to first grade, thing is he is still very much in the learning phase given his age, Billy is closer to retirement then Paix is to Billys age.

Looking at the Roster it's obvious Billy was Levi's replacement and Kevvie expected him to be playing some hooker this season even though he started at 6, because it was a 3 way battle there at the start of the season, I think that is a massive downgrade for Hooker though, Levi is better then any of our hookers and it's not even close.

If we put up an awful display next week, I’ll get the pitchforks out too. However, maybe this is what we needed. Hear me out.

This team has been flying this year and have pulled out some really nice wins but something is rotten at present. Maybe this is the line in the sand moment the team needs to wake them up.

All of the Roosters, Eels, Rabbits and Storm have been questioned at points this year and then they bounced back to now be up to their necks in it. They responded to criticism by pulling their fingers out. This shellacking might have been what we needed to do the same.

If next week is more of the same though, I’ll join in the worried chat. But right now, it isn’t too late to get something out of this season.
I’m gonna be honest and say that I didn’t hear you out

that certainly differs to the media reports that were saying they were preparing to offer him another big contract.

Dragons leak information like a sieve, got told by journalist that was the early talks. No idea where its at now but he was only on effective 900 odd.

Boy some of the fans show the same resilience of our team against the storm. Bunch of frantic bedwetters. We always get dusted by the storm, it's nothing new. Lets not forget that their spine consists of arguably 3 of the 4 best players in their respective positions. We have a 19 year old 5/8 with 10 nrl games under his belt, a 5/8 playing fb in his first season of nrl in 3 years after traumatic brain injury and a 5/8 turned hooker on minimum wage.. the fact we have done as well as we have this year is remarkable. Lower your expectations just a little. We can't mix it with the likes of the storm at present and that's okay.
Maybe they should get rid of points altogether and give everyone a gold star at the end of the game.

Personally I would get rid of Haas and have a crack at Hunt to play 9 with his money plus a bit more.
Bit outside the box but wouldn't hurt to ask, he would make this side so much better if we could sell that. He probably won't get the same money at saints.
Hmm story today Hunt offered 125k ( $750k ) less than asking price of $875k by St Merge.
Time to ask the question DD
let's bring him home.

Imagine being Dragons with their roster and thinking lowballing Hunt is a good idea, that club is being run by Chimpanzees

What really surprised me was the extremely lax attitude the ref had towards ruck interference and consistent and team wide offside from Melbourne. There were so many blatant and obvious 6 agains not given just in the first 20 or so that I feared the worst.
This is how games are manipulated. It only takes 20 minutes at high intensity to dictate how the game will end. If there is a decidedly one-sided momentum favour in the firat quarter, any later adjustments (typically even-ups in late game) will make very little difference. The effect is not only physical, but also mental, because the heads have already dropped.

It is clear to me that it is frustrating Reynolds as well, which was shown in his questioning the refereeing regarding "playing by the rules" in our game against the Knights, where a blatant obstruction was cleared for a try.

The Tamou slander of the ref was evidence of players seeing this too. It's just going beyond fairness, and the rule changes are leading to undermining the integrity of the game.

Honestly, just watching Cheese move off the mark every play in this game was enough to tell me how the referees are either corrupt or incapable of being consistent and fair in matches. The cynical teams will continue to push their limits and if they get away with it for whatever reason, the effect simply snowballs from there.

This is how games are manipulated. It only takes 20 minutes at high intensity to dictate how the game will end. If there is a decidedly one-sided momentum favour in the firat quarter, any later adjustments (typically even-ups in late game) will make very little difference. The effect is not only physical, but also mental, because the heads have already dropped.

It is clear to me that it is frustrating Reynolds as well, which was shown in his questioning the refereeing regarding "playing by the rules" in our game against the Knights, where a blatant obstruction was cleared for a try.

The Tamou slander of the ref was evidence of players seeing this too. It's just going beyond fairness, and the rule changes are leading to undermining the integrity of the game.

Honestly, just watching Cheese move off the mark every play in this game was enough to tell me how the referees are either corrupt or incapable of being consistent and fair in matches. The cynical teams will continue to push their limits and if they get away with it for whatever reason, the effect simply snowballs from there.
B B B B B BINGO

Yep. The "the better teams get the calls because they have the ball more often" was in all honesty an absolute insult to our intelligence.

No mate, they don't get the calls because they have the ball more often. They get the ball more often because they get the calls. They don't get the calls because they are near the top of the ladder, they are at the top of the ladder because they get the calls.

I was really interested how long they would let the Storm lose. And more interestingly, while at the same time the Broncos were winning. Obviously it wasn't pretty for them. By the 3rd loss they probably lost half of their viewership of Storm games in Victoria (not hard) and Queensland.

Yep. The "the better teams get the calls because they have the ball more often" was in all honesty an absolute insult to our intelligence.

No mate, they don't get the calls because they have the ball more often. They get the ball more often because they get the calls. They don't get the calls because they are near the top of the ladder, they are at the top of the ladder because they get the calls.

I was really interested how long they would let the Storm lose. And more interestingly, while at the same time the Broncos were winning. Obviously it wasn't pretty for them. By the 3rd loss they probably lost half of their viewership of Storm games in Victoria (not hard) and Queensland.
It's very easy to be swayed by these inverse narratives (backed by numbers) because of media assistance. I get so angry with Annesley and his "figures" because they are so cherry-picked and drive at his narrative. They don't reflect the whole story, but they do enough to give old mate at the pub, your standard Manly dribbler or couch coach some ammunition to counter with "Broncos are just shit" or whatever, but there is far more to how matches are being controlled than just a dodgy Cowboys penalty in the last minute of a match against a spooner Tigers team.

Unfortunately, arguing for psychological impacts on players/playing groups isn't an easy argument to put forward, and yet we all slobber over paid-for "Coach whisperer" "news" reports that have resulted in The Roosters winning matches.

The square up in penalties and 6 agains at the end of a game are what drive me mad. Klein is a specialty at it.

But is he worth the million plus (and halfback position) we would need to offer to get him away from the Dragons
Dragons have wanted him punted for two years now and there wouldn't be much opposition to a move I'd guess.

Unread

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.