Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
As a Bronco fan I agree with you, the carry on around here is a bit over the top. We're not the only club who cops the wrong end of it.
This has to have further context....I'm quite sure if you visited every club's fan forums, they'll all be saying how they get the wrong end of the stick ALL the time. Its the nature of being a fan.

My advice is to not get hung up on it.
Sure...spit the dummy......have a whinge...crack the shits
and then move on.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
It’s like the Court system - you get a discount for pleading it out early. Saves the time and effort of a hearing, etc.
Still doesn't make it right, the punishment should be the punishment - if you go to court and get a downgrade then fine, it shouldn't be that way before going in.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Still doesn't make it right, the punishment should be the punishment - if you go to court and get a downgrade then fine, it shouldn't be that way before going in.
I really don't get your issue.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

More like if you get a traffic infringement notice .
You pay the fine . Or go to court . If you lose in court you pay the fine , plus court fees .

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone else actually hoping we drop a game before finals?

This is such a young team and the worst thing we could do is go into a finals game over-confident and complacent and get shown up by a hungry, fired-up opposition. I'm worried if we go in with a long winning streak and the minor premiership that we might see something like that happen.

I'd hate to lose to Melbourne again, and Canberra are challenging for a top 4 spot, so I'd rather not lose to them either... That means ideally if we were to have a loss it would either be against Cowboys or Eels, both of whom will be in the bottom of the 8 (if at all).

If we drop a closely contested local derby this week, or go down to a red-hot Eels performance next week and finish 2nd overall, I think that might actually be better than winning out and finishing 1st.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017

This is such a young team and the worst thing we could do is go into a finals game over-confident and complacent and get shown up by a hungry, fired-up opposition. I'm worried if we go in with a long winning streak and the minor premiership that we might see something like that happen.

I'd hate to lose to Melbourne again, and Canberra are challenging for a top 4 spot, so I'd rather not lose to them either... That means ideally if we were to have a loss it would either be against Cowboys or Eels, both of whom will be in the bottom of the 8 (if at all).

If we drop a closely contested local derby this week, or go down to a red-hot Eels performance next week and finish 2nd overall, I think that might actually be better than winning out and finishing 1st.
I don't want us to drop a game as I think we need some swagger and confidence going into the finals if we are to beat the likes of Penrith and Melbourne when it's all on the line.

I think we gain more by putting some of these good teams away in the next few rounds than we would by losing to Canberra or the Eels for example.

However, I don't want us to win the minor premiership, because I think that might cause some of the boys to slacken off a bit. Let Penrith win that and we keep the hunger. This team hasn't achieved anything significant yet.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019

While I subscribe to the idea that sometimes a loss is a good thing as the best lessons are learned when there is consequences, I don't think we are at that stage yet atm.

Our last game against Roosters was our best performance of the season imo and I don't think a single team in the comp could have handled what we did in that first half, when we start to win in a more scrappy way with alot of bungled plays is when I think it will be time for a loss.

I think it has probably been a godsend that Walsh got suspended though, he has held back a bit on the lippy shit and while he hasn't put out an elite 80 mins since coming back I think it's a matter of time.

Skathen

Skathen

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 25, 2015
While I subscribe to the idea that sometimes a loss is a good thing as the best lessons are learned when there is consequences, I don't think we are at that stage yet atm.

Our last game against Roosters was our best performance of the season imo and I don't think a single team in the comp could have handled what we did in that first half, when we start to win in a more scrappy way with alot of bungled plays is when I think it will be time for a loss.

I think it has probably been a godsend that Walsh got suspended though, he has held back a bit on the lippy shit and while he hasn't put out an elite 80 mins since coming back I think it's a matter of time.
Agree on Walshy - he's been forced to confront some realities which is nothing but a good thing. Need him aiming higher for sure.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I don't mind a close loss in a real grind, reminds the boys we're not as good as we might think we are and we need to be on for 80mins.

I'm sure the staff are mentally prepping the boys well though.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Given every team we play through to finals are a top 8 team or contending for a finals spot, I'm not sure complacency heading into finals will be a concern... it's more likely that we will be hardened by the time finals come around.

My bigger concern is the fatigue this run of games could have... having to get up for every game from here on out could start to wear on them.

I would hope we get a couple games that we win early and can keep a few gears in reserve... like we just did with the rorters.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
Given every team we play through to finals are a top 8 team or contending for a finals spot, I'm not sure complacency heading into finals will be a concern... it's more likely that we will be hardened by the time finals come around.

My bigger concern is the fatigue this run of games could have... having to get up for every game from here on out could start to wear on them.

I would hope we get a couple games that we win early and can keep a few gears in reserve... like we just did with the rorters.
Good thing we have a bye up our sleeves 3 weeks out from the finals.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

We've lost enough games over the last few years to not become complacent. Winning every match might also give us the confidence that we can go all the way. I think we'll go undefeated all the way to October, but if I had to pick a danger game it would be against the Raiders. Teams have seemed a little clunky coming of byes this year.

However, if we are guaranteed top 2 before we play Melbourne, I would just rest everyone. Better to have a healthy team running into the finals then the minor premiership.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
We've lost enough games over the last few years to not become complacent. Winning every match might also give us the confidence that we can go all the way. I think we'll go undefeated all the way to October, but if I had to pick a danger game it would be against the Raiders. Teams have seemed a little clunky coming of byes this year.

However, if we are guaranteed top 2 before we play Melbourne, I would just rest everyone. Better to have a healthy team running into the finals then the minor premiership.
I don't know if resting the players is a good idea, only because we have the late Bye and if we win round 1 of the finals we get another rest as well.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
For some reason, I'm watching the Cows v Titans. Hiku is so past it, I fear for his side up against Herbie.

I suspect Cows will do a late change and leave Taulagi on a wing with Feldt coming in and Valemei going to Holmes' spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • whykickamoocow
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.