PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Tpj is always bloody suspended for the big games. Always lets himself and the team down.
Unfortunately, it's the price you pay for a player with that kind of enthusiasm. I think it is worth it as it inspires others when he is on song, but like tall is before him, and Andrew Gee before tallis, they can cost you a suspension or even lose a game through something silly.
[automerge]1565959654[/automerge]
I hope Glenn is back for this one, and surely we must have a half out there that plays there.

Last edited:
TPJ won’t be suspended. Gleam and Gillett back. Confident

Give us a genuine half ie dearden and/or SoS and I think we can win (assuming milf and TPJ aren’t missing for the week.)

If the boys don’t get up for souffs, then there is no point us making the 8.

Broncos by 4.

Last edited:
just watched tpj binning again, holy sweet Mary is that a farce of a call that’s a disgrace, if the nrl had any integrity at all (they don’t) Klein would be suspended and asked to show cause as to why he should be a top level referee. He was disgusting tonight even worse then his usual horse shit dodgy self.

End rant.

I imagine we’ll be up for this game after the game earlier in the season. I haven’t watched Souths for ages, but apparently they aren’t going great? We aren’t either, though tonight was a better showing. Again no real idea who’s going to win this one.

Souths are vulnerable, but I don't think we're strong enough to take advantage of that. I can't see a win.

Milford will play.

First offence is a fine so Milford is not missing this game. Turpin will be fine, he has no carryover points. TPJ is the concern.

The sin bin was a rubbish fucking call but it was a crusher.

How many of his suspensions have you felt have actually warranted suspensions? Trumped up charges against TPJ for hitting halves and wingers too hard have let the team down.

I only half agree with this. I agree with the sentiment that the refs and the judiciary have absolutely lost it when it comes to aggressive physical contact. If this shit keeps up the enforcer role will basically be extinct. I disagree in the sense that Pangai IS a bit of a hothead and needs to be reigned in even slightly. It's pointless having an in your face enforcer type player like TPJ if he is going to be suspended for 5 games a year for charges that were otherwise very avoidable.

I just love the irony of the NRL and the refs making such a huge song and dance about aggressive contact, especially around the head area, and yet Melbournes grubby wrestlemania tactics have been in the news all week and not a peep about the subject has leaked out of the NRL. Gee I wonder why that is.

Give us a genuine half ie dearden and/or SoS and I think we can win (assuming milf and TPJ aren’t missing for the week.)

If the boys don’t get up for souffs, then there is no point us making the 8.

Broncos by 4.
Yes dearden and SOS are natural halves but i think everyone should remember they are both very young with less than 5 first grade games under their belt. I would not expect miracles when they return.

Although we played better than last week, we beat a penrith team (and ref's) who had very poor completion and defence. Souths will be a different kettle of fish.

WB will have them up for it.

Seibs just needs to pull out the video from the game in Round 8 with those farkers laughing at us in the coaches box, that would be enough to fire me up and give it too them.

Seibs just needs to pull out the video from the game in Round 8 with those farkers laughing at us in the coaches box, that would be enough to fire me up and give it too them.
Don't know if you caught what seibold said in th press conference last night. Thought it was very obvious but seems some in here haven't noticed.
South attack hasn't changed since last year. Cook kicks every now and then, and the burgess boys get suspended a bit more. That's why the team has got progressively worse. Teams watch video from this year and last and can see what they will do.

Whether we have the team to actually beat them yet despite knowing their game plan is the question. I don't think we do. Especially with at least 2 players suspended (I'm assuming burgess will do a similar tackle this weekend and get a fine though).

Our team and structures have changed dramatically, I just don't think we have the ability to carry them out to a winning level yet. That will change with a young team.... But not this year, better but not premiership level next year even. But at least we are moving in a positive direction with a young team. Can't say the same with souffs regardless of results this year...

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • eggstar10
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  • RodF
  • Justwin
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 63 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.