PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Imagine how hard it would be for Seibs to stay quiet and just swallow this shit!! Sometimes I wish we had a Toovey style coach that would just unload on these ***** once in a while!! Lol

Maybe that's why we cop this type of BS ... Because the club is too professional to call out their incompetence ... And the NRL know this

Last edited:
How come no one has mentioned that Maloney was doing everything he could in that game to get under our skin. If he didn't give away a few penalties, he certainly deserved to. Like the clear-as-day professional foul on the break. He was absolutely milking the TPJ incident, he was trying to dig for penalties the entire last 20 minutes of the game.

Because it’s expected from a grub like Maloney

Because it’s expected from a grub like Maloney

But surely it's relevant in this case. The grub was milking, he over-reacted to the contact as if it was a crusher, when in fact it was anything but. The defence should have shown about 4 or 5 other attempts at milking that he had during the game to show that his "reaction" to the tackle was complete bullshit, and therefore the tackle was nothing near as dangerous or heavy as is being made out.

Chapter 6 - Appeals
Grounds of Appeal
94. (1) Save for any case in which a Player has elected to plead no contest to a Notice of Referred Charge, and in any event subject to Rules 95 and 96, a Player aggrieved by a decision of the Judiciary may appeal, within seven days from the date on which the decision is announced, to the NRL Appeals Committee on one
or more of the following grounds:
(a) With respect to the issue of guilt:
(A) That there was an error of law; or
(B) That the decision was unreasonable or insupportable having regard to the evidence in the case;

(b) With respect to the issue of sentence, that:
(A) In the case of a Notice of Referred Charge, the penalty imposed was manifestly excessive;
(B) In the case of a Notice of Charge, the grading ascribed was
manifestly excessive.
(2) To remove any doubt, where a Player has elected to plead no contest to a Notice of Referred Charge, no appeal shall lie from the decision of the Judiciary, which decision shall be final and conclusive, be binding on and be given effect to by the parties.

Leave to Appeal
95. (1) A Player who wishes to appeal from a decision of the
Judiciary must first obtainthe leave of the Chairman of the Judiciary to do so.

(2) The Chairman shall not grant a Player leave to appeal unless he is of the opinion that it is a “fit case to proceed” as an appeal within the meaning of that expression as it is defined in Rule 27 of the NRL Appeals Committee Procedural Rules.
(3) At any hearing to determine whether leave to appeal ought to be granted, in addition to the Player or his representative, the Judiciary Counsel is entitled to appear and to be heard on the issue.

What have they got to lose, I would be seeking leave to appeal on the ground that the grading was manifestly excessive.

But surely it's relevant in this case. The grub was milking, he over-reacted to the contact as if it was a crusher, when in fact it was anything but. The defence should have shown about 4 or 5 other attempts at milking that he had during the game to show that his "reaction" to the tackle was complete bullshit, and therefore the tackle was nothing near as dangerous or heavy as is being made out.

We call it grubbiness but in nsw they call it gamesmanship.

Are in game penalties not considered in sentencing? I feel like they should be. A sin bin should be worth 2 games with a penalty worth 1.

I could have copped a game or 2 but this is just corrupt.

How the **** does he get 5 weeks but NAS gets nothing? Bloody joke.
And Cam Smith gets a stern talking to...

Come to think of it didn't Cam get a little detention note to take home last year as well???

Two letters to cease and yet zero suspensions.... I haven't even heard of these until Cam gets one and now he has two, but zero suspensions.

Last edited:
It’s the inconsistency in the rulings that are killing all respect fans have for the NRL. If a fucking consistent approach was taken towards issues I would have less of a problem. If all instances where force is applied to the neck in crusher style tackles were treated the same and punished the same the TPJ punishment would seem a lot fairer. But to let worse cases off scott free and then throw the book at an individual just infuriates the fans. It’s a knee jerk over reaction plain and simple. They went full throttle on spear tackles after McKinnon got busted and fair enough but then they throw the book at some and let others off like JTurbo the other day. It’s not that fucking hard. I’m fine with 2 weeks for Turpin, he hit old mate in the mouth with a closed fist swinging arm(with intent) but then they let Burgess off for probably a worse case. It’s a fucking lottery each week.

Given our record at the judiciary, I’ve got to say I’m more surprised he didn’t get 10 weeks added on for the heinous act of showing contempt by simply trying to prove his innocence.

Obviously that’s hyperbole, but is it really that far fetched...

Last edited:
It’s the inconsistency in the rulings that are killing all respect fans have for the NRL. If a fucking consistent approach was taken towards issues I would have less of a problem. If all instances where force is applied to the neck in crusher style tackles were treated the same and punished the same the TPJ punishment would seem a lot fairer. But to let worse cases off scott free and then throw the book at an individual just infuriates the fans. It’s a knee jerk over reaction plain and simple. They went full throttle on spear tackles after McKinnon got busted and fair enough but then they throw the book at some and let others off like JTurbo the other day. It’s not that fucking hard. I’m fine with 2 weeks for Turpin, he hit old mate in the mouth with a closed fist swinging arm(with intent) but then they let Burgess off for probably a worse case. It’s a fucking lottery each week.

It lasted until Origin I when Reynolds got Tate with an ugly tackle. Tate who had a serious history with neck injuries got called a dog for speaking out about the tackle and when Reynolds was able to walk away without serving time, Raelene Castle told anyone upset about the decision that they could 'go cry'.

That was the worst decision I've seen.

So we're going to be without Milford, TPJ or Turpin for this one right? Presumably all getting suspended.
Let’s rejoice on the fact that:
Gillet steps in for TPJ
Glenn takes over shebasaki strengthening the attack
O’Sullivan and Boyd MIGHT spark some chemistry !!!

If things go our way- this could be a 24+ point deficit.

So was this just missed by the match review pork chops or was this deemed Ok?View attachment 6015

They came out and justified the no charge because get this, Nelson’s crusher was from side on and not a traditional front on one where you force your weight straight down on the player. And no I am not joking. Funnily enough despite it being a different variation of a crusher, TPJ also goes in side on. The hilarious part is if you watch it back, TPJ mainly collects Maloney’s right shoulder which would have taken most of the force. If he wanted to really injure Maloney, Jimmy would not have been getting up off the ground that much I’d guarantee.

You couldn’t make this shit up. The administration is just making decisions on the fly based on agendas and how much outrage there is on social media.

Last edited:
The idiotic thing is had the incompetent pricks at the MRC charged Nelson with a grade 2 for his crusher, and had Jake Trbojevic got a couple of weeks for his dangerous throw against the Storm, we would not be carrying on like we are. This all stems from inconsistency and this is why most fans are getting the shits.

We should have fought Turpin’s charge just for the simple fact that he may have gotten off due to complete incompetency.

The whole thing is a joke. Its the same old corruption that has been going on in our game forever. Some clubs and players are untouchable.

TPJ was suspended for the big Nelson crusher that was let go. You see thats how it works. Melbourne get pointed at and the other teams get the punishment.

Klein was doing his best game day to keep us out of the 8 and now the NRL are doing their part. All we can do is improve and win games despite Sydney. Crush the ***** like the old days and just steamroll over the corruption.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.