vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. Worst I have seen in a while, and while I don't think JoO meant to actually drive him in to the ground deliberately, it came out that way so it was incredibly dangerous.

I didn't think he drove him into the ground but more lost centre of gravity and fell with the titans player. Certainly looked bad but if it was driven there would have been an injury.

+1. Worst I have seen in a while, and while I don't think JoO meant to actually drive him in to the ground deliberately, it came out that way so it was incredibly dangerous.
Exactly this... If you look at the positioning of his head, I doubt Ofa was actually aware of the danger during the execution of the tackle, despite how dangerous it actually was.

3 weeks is fair, and reflects his clean skin history.

Brailey is a gun. As well as Peats went in origin, I would have picked Brailey, some kids you just know are going to be something special.

Jack Bird ruled out.

James Maloney will play.

Brailey is a gun. As well as Peats went in origin, I would have picked Brailey, some kids you just know are going to be something special.

For all the applauds that Peats got in origin, he didn't really do **** all besides pass the ball to the halves and forwards quickly. Seeing how Smith dominated game 3 from dummy half, the blues should be looking to someone who actually has a bit of playmaking ability. I'm not saying they need to be the sole playmaker of the team like Farah tried to be, but testing people out of dummy half isn't a strong point of Peats. He lacks creativity out of dummy half and is very one dimensional in attack

For all the applauds that Peats got in origin, he didn't really do **** all besides pass the ball to the halves and forwards quickly. Seeing how Smith dominated game 3 from dummy half, the blues should be looking to someone who actually has a bit of playmaking ability. I'm not saying they need to be the sole playmaker of the team like Farah tried to be, but testing people out of dummy half isn't a strong point of Peats. He lacks creativity out of dummy half and is very one dimensional in attack

So peats = Macca

What has brailey done in first grade that people are heaping so much praise on him? He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a gun. The kid has barely run from dummy half all season. Someone pointed it out on twitter that it was one of the lowest on average for a hooker and before he got injured he was missing bulk tackles that were leading to tries. Have a look at his games against the tigers and storm. They ran at him 3 times and he let in 3 tries.Were absolute stinkers. He was on his way out before seggy broke his arm. Lets pump the brakes. I hope he turns out good but lets be honest he has shown about as much as lichaa did when he came in the top grade. **** all. Very young and a tough position to play but brandon smith shown more in his 2 games than what brailey did across his dozen

Last edited:

I don't mind korisau as a creative player out of dummy half. Problem is with him he has an absurdly bad missed tackle rate for a hooker.

What has brailey done in first grade that people are heaping so much praise on him? He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a gun. The kid has barely run from dummy half all season. Someone pointed it out on twitter that it was one of the lowest on average for a hooker and before he got injured he was missing bulk tackles that were leading to tries. He was on his way out before seggy broke his arm. Lets pump the brakes. I hope he turns out good but lets be honest he has shown about as much as lichaa did when he came in the top grade. **** all. Very young and a tough position to play but brandon smith shown more in his 2 games than what brailey did across his dozen

If I was picking my rookie 17, I'd take Smith all day over Brailey.

I'd also have him in my Kiwi World Cup squad.

If I was picking my rookie 17, I'd take Smith all day over Brailey.

I'd also have him in my Kiwi World Cup squad.

Agree. The way Luke is playing he would probably be a better option. Was a shame he got hurt early. The kid is a gun. Could see when he was at the cowboys 20s that he had enormous talent. Had reservations on his fitness and composure but Bellamy seems to have got rid of that puppy fat and he looked extremely fit and he seemed to use the ball well in the small sample size. Could start for a number of current teams imo. Amazing how the storm just locked him up so easily and for a decent length

In saying that, I would take Brailey all day over Clydesdale and a Brailey/Segeyaro combination fills me with more dread than their current combination.

What has brailey done in first grade that people are heaping so much praise on him? He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a gun. The kid has barely run from dummy half all season. Someone pointed it out on twitter that it was one of the lowest on average for a hooker and before he got injured he was missing bulk tackles that were leading to tries. Have a look at his games against the tigers and storm. They ran at him 3 times and he let in 3 tries.Were absolute stinkers. He was on his way out before seggy broke his arm. Lets pump the brakes. I hope he turns out good but lets be honest he has shown about as much as lichaa did when he came in the top grade. **** all. Very young and a tough position to play but brandon smith shown more in his 2 games than what brailey did across his dozen
You basically said what I said, but put a negative spin on it. He has a huge attacking game, but it was clear he was told to simplify his game to adjust to first grade... seggy getting injured only put the breaks on him more having to adjust to the 80... the more he was made to do it, the clearer his defensive lapses became.

Well anyway back on topic......I think this is the match which can make us or break us this year.

A win against the reigning premiers will back up what we did last week, boost our confidence and move us into 2nd assuming the Storm do the job on the Roosters.

A loss will probably see us drop out of the top four and makes our chances of a 2nd or 3rd place finish a lot harder and probably really dent our confidence in the process. It also means we will have lost to all of the other title challengers this year.

You basically said what I said, but put a negative spin on it. He has a huge attacking game, but it was clear he was told to simplify his game to adjust to first grade... seggy getting injured only put the breaks on him more having to adjust to the 80... the more he was made to do it, the clearer his defensive lapses became.

I get that but this was the same kind of hype that was on Lichaa coming through the grades at Cronulla. I hope he goes well but I have seen nothing early on that suggests he will like some others have said on here. He is fine when they run straight at him but some of his misses and reads in that Storm game were horrendous. And this was early on in the match. I heard his brother is a better player so it will be competitive for a spot for a number of years. It is unfortunate Segeyaro got injured early because by now he would really be getting in to shape. Will be interesting what they do when Brailey is ready to play again

I never saw the hype in Lichaa, but I can see the hype in Brailey. He does his job very effectively imo and makes the sharks tick. I'm not going to be down on a hooker who is adjusting to life in the NRL in his first season, though certainly he needs to improve quickly in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • tajhay
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.