Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Get McGuire to rile Fatfita up... should work a treat after Origin's mind-rape.

By all reports, all it would take is something along the lines of......

"Oi Andrew!! You've got a shit head!!!!"

1440116633546.jpg

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I wonder if TPJ can kick field goals or maybe goal kicker.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Sims one job should be to smash Fifita in the opening 10 minutes whenever he even looks like getting the ball. One goal. Do it.

I reckon a couple of bumps and sledges off the ball and Fifita's eye will start twitching.

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Best example of this kind of thing was a game a few years ago. Willy mason was the fafita of the time, having terrorised qld in origin and a few other clubs.
The broncos had ian Lacey as a substitute hooker. He had an unconventional build to say the least. Had he grown a beard he could have played a dwarf from middle earth, with no special effects whatsoever. He wasn't much of a runner but would throw him self into tackles.
Willy mason was pretty unstoppable when he got going, but like a lot of big men he had to run deep to get going.
As the game went on his runs got a little shallower (only a little mind you), and Lacey was let loose on him with the obvious instructions to get in his face ASAP. He would charge at mason a million miles an hour and stop him before he got going.
Mason, a bit like fafita lacked the smarts to offload before impact and was frustrated out of the game. Before long, he was throwing loose offloads for intercepts.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Brisbane using Matt Lodge to mimic Andrew Fifita heading into showdown with Cronulla

THE Broncos are preparing Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima for a bruising showdown with Andrew Fifita by ordering the pint-sized halves to tackle the Sharks giant’s best mate — controversial enforcer Matt Lodge.

Fifita is primed to terrorise the Broncos this Friday night when he returns to Suncorp Stadium, the scene of his rampaging Origin I display that saw him labelled NSW’s version of Arthur Beetson.

But Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has a tactical ace up his sleeve in Lodge, who was on Tuesday deployed as a Fifita-clone at training as he charged at pocket-rocket duo Milford and Nikorima.

If anyone can match Fifita as a physical specimen, it is Lodge, who plays for Brisbane’s feeder-club Redcliffe in the Intrust Super Cup.

At 193cm and 114kg, the hulking Lodge is 1cm shorter and 2kg lighter than Fifita. The duo remain close friends, with Fifita having stayed at Lodge’s Brisbane home the night before his man-of-the-match performance in Origin I.

Nikorima and Milford have both endured shoulder problems in the past 12 months, but their willingness to confront Lodge gives them confidence they can hold their own against Fifita.

“If he runs my way, I just have to do what I’ve been practising,” Nikorima said.

“When you see me tackling Lodge (at training), the key is line-speed because Fifita is a big boy and if he gets momentum, the big fella usually wins.

“The Sharks pack has experienced players and international players.

“We have been doing it (tackling Lodge) for the last couple of weeks to get our shoulders right.

“Milf has had a shoulder problem and I had shoulder surgery last year. I had another little complaint earlier in the season so Wayne (Bennett) is making us do extra tackling.

“We quite enjoy it.”

Broncos skipper Darius Boyd was a member of the Queensland side which was ripped apart by Fifita in Origin I.

The Maroons successfully formulated a game plan to muzzle Fifita for the remaining two games and Boyd is confident the Broncos pack has the mobility and toughness to shut down the Sharks hardman.

“He is hard to stop,” Boyd said of Fifita.

“He’s a great player, it’s an energy thing really.

“In Origin I, we weren’t at our best and he had a great game, but in Origin II and III we practised a few things. Our energy was better and we had a focus on what to do in the middle of the park.

“We nullified his attacking game in particular.

“It’s the same again when we play Cronulla. If you want to nullify him, you have to get up in his face and not let him run with the ball because he has some great skills.

“He can offload and pass, so he is a real danger to us.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a/news-story/4d30bbf20f724ab821e4340b692dd8ae

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Get TPJ on the field first and let him play his way. He's my favourite player in the side.
I thought Moga was your favorite player. Have you fallen off his bandwagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.