Round 23 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

We are all good.

Bulldogs game - They can't keep winning, a massive winning streak has to end sometime.
Melbourne game - They are well below their best.
Manly game - We can't keep losing to them, it's about time we won. Make up for last time too.
Panthers game - Lol.

^ lol

First time I've tipped against us this year. Need to turn my bad tipping form around.

While Justin Hodges and Gerard Beale were possible contenders to replace Hoffman, Griffin is adamant Norman will fire at fullback.

"He's different to Josh, he's obviously a half so he has more ball-play in him and he's got a kicking game," he said.

News flash Hook, Hoffman should have just as much ball-play if hes going to create tries for us.

Watching the Rabbits play last night, I thought they had signed Norman when this tall bloke with dark hair, playing 5/8 elected to run and not pass with a 3 man overlap. Then I put my glasses on.

Watching the Rabbits play last night, I thought they had signed Norman when this tall bloke with dark hair, playing 5/8 elected to run and not pass with a 3 man overlap. Then I put my glasses on.

haha, i remember the exact play, and thinking a very similar thing. "looks like corey norman!", "bhq would be goin OFF right now!".

at the moment i've tipped the dogs in the hope im wrong :)

I'm thinking that if the Bulldogs go on and win the premiership this year, we should really consider stealing their attack plans, ie. Front rowers passing at the line and quick ball movement. It looks great, it seems to work surprisingly well and best of all, you don't even need the best of halves to benefit from that. Wallace/Hunt/Norman are just as good as (if not better than) Keating and Reynolds, and surely our props are just as skillful as theirs are. I think Norman would be one to benefit from it the most.

If, like Manly last night, we return to what we had but lost: incredibly tight defense, few missed tackles and great line speed, we become very competitive.

And if, like the Dogs, our pack holds and controls the middle - something we had but lost, we become more competitive.

But then, unlike the Dogs, Manly, Souths and Storm we haven't had the services of a heavily involved FB in many attacking plays, and unlike those teams, we don't look to pass/offload, to the support which isn't there all that often anyway.

So what we gain, we lose.

And then, James Graham a play making prop is useful in the middle, as are Glen Stewart and Jamie Lyon, as extra play makers (and who usually have someone always in support, always expecting something's always on), and halves who know when to pass, run the ball or kick, and do it...

This is where we don't have it. (Well, we could. We have the talent) This why we are going to lose to the Dogs, Manly and Storm.

Having said all that, I am tipping us tomorrow because, because... I'm a blind optimist and proud Broncos supporter no matter what.

Watching Cowboys v Warriors at the moment.

Some basic skills I am seeing from the halves - double pumps, straight running, holding up the pass, passing to where players will run onto the ball - just seeing none of that from our playmakers at the moment, and it's pretty basic stuff to be honest.

Watching Cowboys v Warriors at the moment.

Some basic skills I am seeing from the halves - double pumps, straight running, holding up the pass, passing to where players will run onto the ball - just seeing none of that from our playmakers at the moment, and it's pretty basic stuff to be honest.

Yeah, this. The ball player should know someone's always going to be running in support AND they look to pass as FIRST priority before running at the line.

But aside from the halves, it's just basically good support play. Like when Parker gets the ball, I would love to see at least one player tweak to the idea that Parker can offload and move in support as soon as he sees Parker get the ball, and meanwhile, the 1,6,7, or 9 can see the play unfolding and they just get into a position to get the ball and direct traffic.

That's what the Dogs, Manly etc. do so well - players watch the ball AND move with it, for it, expecting the unexpected short pass or offload, rather than just stand back and watch another one-out run.

The good thing is that Griffin knows all of this judging by his interview on Broncos TV. Sooner or later, the players just have to get it right.

Last edited:
GAME DAY

been a long week waiting for this one. carn boys.

centrebet special - odds of $2 for dogs to win. put 50 on dogs at centrebet and 50 on broncs at sportsbet - free money if broncs win.

James Graham is out apparently. That is very helpful. I am interested to see how our guys step up. They really need to lift.

James Graham is out apparently. That is very helpful. I am interested to see how our guys step up. They really need to lift.

Other than Ben Barba, there's no other player I'd prefer to be out more than him.

$10 on brisbane at 13+
$10 on Brisbane in general
and $10 on Ben teo to score at any point in the game.

Fingers crossed for a Brisbane victory and a nice big payout.

Unread

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • TimWhatley
  • Culhwch
  • mieko
  • Spoon
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.