Round 23 Discussion

Felt like the first week of finals that game, score on the line the whole time and no penalty every second tackle.

I thought Eels could have been leading at half time if it wasn't for Norman.

I counted a couple of times there where Eels had an overlap but instead of passing it to Hayne, he ended up passing it to a forward that was covered by the defense.

I thought Gower bombed that try, too.

That was a great fucking game of footy regardless. I never expected Bulldogs to win it, to be honest. I thought their bad form and the loss of Reynolds would have broke them.

All Norman has to do is pass it to hayne and he can't even do that right

Absolutely agree with Gus.

An 11 year old boy ball just decided the game there.

Absolutely. I also agree that the quick tap from a 40/20 should be scrapped.

What annoys me about all of this is that all the referee had to do was say that the touch judge had yet to give the mark and that Sandow wasn't in line with the tap either.

If you guys catch the replay, you'll see that Sandow does a really poor job of tapping the ball 20m out when the mark was 15m out and really it'd be called back or if it was 1996 and he was in a Broncos jersey, a penalty to the opposition.

All this outrage over the ball boys is the type of issue I have with the media. Gould sensationalised the hell out of that situation and now we're going to see another change that's off the mark.

What annoys me about all of this is that all the referee had to do was say that the touch judge had yet to give the mark and that Sandow wasn't in line with the tap either.

If you guys catch the replay, you'll see that Sandow does a really poor job of tapping the ball 20m out when the mark was 15m out and really it'd be called back or if it was 1996 and he was in a Broncos jersey, a penalty to the opposition.

All this outrage over the ball boys is the type of issue I have with the media. Gould sensationalised the hell out of that situation and now we're going to see another change that's off the mark.

couldn't agree more ...

I didn't even realise that you got a quick tap from a 40/20 ... why did they have to change the rules from a scrum with the feed ...

that is a hell of a lot of advantage to give a team, just because they kicked a 40/20

Really enjoyable game of footy I love a good Eels V Bulldogs battle they are always great games when both sides are competitive. How great is it to chill on a Friday night after a hard working week and enjoy the footy without having to tolerate bloody Hadley's annoying voice that never stops.

Rabs and Gus 4life

At first glance, I thought the Eels no try was bullshit despite the ruling that the ball must be placed on the line.

However, after seeing the footage, they also didn't tap it in the correct position.

My mind is changed on the matter.

Dragons v Raiders NYC is on Fox.

Young Jack Bird is looking like a real superstar out there.

The Raiders defence is pretty shocking but wouldn't be surprised to see Jack handed his first grade debut next season.

Lovely work from Milford there. Sliced right through the middle and set up Ropana for his first NRL try for the Raiders.

Nice to see from Ropana. He's looked very strong ever since he made his return against the Eels last week.

Makes you wonder why he couldn't get a shot over the likes of Tupou or Brenko?

Ropana looks super strong and has a very powerful fend but so far his handling has been awful. Had 2 strips on him so far, one a penalty and the other a turnover. Was also shaky last week spilling two bombs. If he can get that right he's going to be a good replacement for Milford, obviously in the Dugan mould rather than the Milford one.

Still, I think this is why it was good for Stuart to move Milford. It allows them to get a glimpse of their future at other positions (although why they don't play Cornish over Milford or McCrone is baffling).

Great to see Milford set up the try but it wasn't really the type of play that resulted from him having the #6 on his back. His kicking game has been shocking for the most part too. Really hope he spends time in the #1 with us and not the #6.

He plays with his whole heart, that's for sure. He's got a mistake or two in him, which might have kept him out for a while.

Edit: Ropana this is...

Last edited:
It was always going to take him some time to get his timing back but in terms of who his competition was it's truly baffling that he wasn't given a go earlier because the guy is an out and out footballer.

Been out for what? 6 seasons and is already showing some strong signs.

Course, now that I've wrapped him, watch him go onto have a shocker. The mock has been on full and well in recent times.

And so it begins.

Thank goodness that was already a penalty.

Nice kick and Flo goes in to score.

Looks like the Drag Queens may run away with this.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Jedhead
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • maddo
  • HarryAllan7
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Socnorb
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.