Round 23 - Souths vs Broncos - Post Game Discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The description put forward above as "less than the sum of our parts" is absolutely spot on. On paper we're an awesome side, on the field we just can't put it together. If that's not down to coaching, I don't know what is. It's not saying that to have a dig at Hook, I'm saying that to convince myself that 2015 will actually be an improvement...

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
McCullough: 55 tackles. And you wonder why he gets a rest.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
there are only a few hookers who play 80 every week in the NRL. and those that do, also took 5 years or longer before they were capable of it

BS.

Players have always played 80 minutes, before multiple interchange nearly everyone did. You try and make out like it is some sort of super human feat to play 80 mins.

Granted the game is faster now but week in week out all over Australia hookers play 80 minutes, you are just making excuses for our weak as piss hooker.

Can you name a Hooker Brisbane has had that was ever worse than McCUlllough.?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
BS.

Players have always played 80 minutes, before multiple interchange nearly everyone did. You try and make out like it is some sort of super human feat to play 80 mins.

Granted the game is faster now but week in week out all over Australia hookers play 80 minutes, you are just making excuses for our weak as piss hooker.

Can you name a Hooker Brisbane has had that was ever worse than McCUlllough.?

only 5 out of 16 hookers play 80 mins. Smith, Farah, Ballin, Friend and maybe Ennis (but not sure on him)

without really thinking about it, i'd put him ahead of PJ Marsh, Arron Gorrell and Phil Lee but we have had some great hookers at the club, like Walters and Priddis

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
People let's think what could happen next week. Hoffman could be gone (I'm hoping, guilty) so either Hook does this whole Hodges at 5/8th Barba at fullback (hopefully not) or there is the slight chance we could see one of our young prospects come into the team which would be awesome!

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
only 5 out of 16 hookers play 80 mins. Smith, Farah, Ballin, Friend and maybe Ennis (but not sure on him)

without really thinking about it, i'd put him ahead of PJ Marsh, Arron Gorrell and Phil Lee but we have had some great hookers at the club, like Walters and Priddis

Friend is like Macca, plays 80 but recently they have used a bench hooker so just Smith, Farah, Ballin and Ennis

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
People let's think what could happen next week. Hoffman could be gone (I'm hoping, guilty) so either Hook does this whole Hodges at 5/8th Barba at fullback (hopefully not) or there is the slight chance we could see one of our young prospects come into the team which would be awesome!

Really? Hoffman at fullback has been a huge improvement. Barba at fullback is too terrible to imagine. Anyway you get your wish as Hoffman is gone and I'm worried about who will replace him. It better not be Barba.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Been said already but:

Reed in side. How does that happen? Any excuse, any reason please explain.

Been a fan of Vidot but stop fucking around with stutter step n run hard at defensive line. Bombing a try n gifting another doesn't help either.

Even the dumb arse commentators noticed at scrum time the size difference between the forwards. Huge disadvantage with no real props. Why is this not obvious to those recruiting n the coach.

Just disappointed with the effort again. It's do or die n we're no where near the level we should be.

Please, someone give me some hope for the future.

Griffin won't be here next year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
One thing that really shits me off, Canberra could beat them and put 30 points on them and we couldn't...

I know they were struggling then, but it's fucking Canberra. As soon as we scored, we were fucked.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
One thing that really shits me off, Canberra could beat them and put 30 points on them and we couldn't...

I know they were struggling then, but it's fucking Canberra. As soon as we scored, we were fucked.

neither could Manly

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
As bad as Vidot was, we all knew what we were getting from him. we saw it at Canberra and St George and we saw it again tonight. he's a barnstorming runner but he has some real doosies in him.

C

cjmcevoy

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2014
Really? Hoffman at fullback has been a huge improvement. Barba at fullback is too terrible to imagine. Anyway you get your wish as Hoffman is gone and I'm worried about who will replace him. It better not be Barba.

Bit random but how's this:

Hodges to fullback. Can chime in with flat passes to outside backs. Not there to effect flow with dummy half runs that some have complained about. Also cant abuse fullback or wingers if they drop a bomb as he shares responsibility with them.

Reed not in side (Former fan but lost faith n yes he didn't lose us the game).

Vidot there but last chance.

Maranta other wing.

Copley and ? (maybe one of our young guns - just don't wanta see backrower playing out of position again) in centres.

Any other suggestions?

C

cjmcevoy

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2014
Also very disappointed with Kennedy. Should have taken the opportunity to stand up against opposition big men.

GONE!

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013

Well ill id prefer hodges at fullback but by the looks at it Hook will put Barba back there so here's hoping we get to see the future rather than hodges in the halves

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well ill id prefer hodges at fullback but by the looks at it Hook will put Barba back there so here's hoping we get to see the future rather than hodges in the halves

why because he played him there tonight...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Also very disappointed with Kennedy. Should have taken the opportunity to stand up against opposition big men.

GONE!

Yep. I hope Bennett was watching. He exhausted any chances I was willing to give him tonight. Just hopeless.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Bit random but how's this:

Hodges to fullback. Can chime in with flat passes to outside backs. Not there to effect flow with dummy half runs that some have complained about. Also cant abuse fullback or wingers if they drop a bomb as he shares responsibility with them.

Reed not in side (Former fan but lost faith n yes he didn't lose us the game).

Vidot there but last chance.

Maranta other wing.

Copley and ? (maybe one of our young guns - just don't wanta see backrower playing out of position again) in centres.

Any other suggestions?

Only other real option we have to play at centre is Kahu, but I can see Gagai having a field day with him...

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Nothings changed from my perspective. At the start of the season I wrote we needed two gorillas and a genuine 5/8. Terrible season coming to an end. I will just have to cheer for the Cowboys not that that means my allegiance to the Broncos has waned.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Xzei
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • Lostboy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.