Round 23 - Souths vs Broncos - Post Game Discussion

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Now what we need is fucking props....**** off the edge forwards and just roll through the middle...you saw it work tonight....now maybe just maybe some of you guys will work out that we need metre eating forwards and bloke who don't get stood over by bigger teams.....rant over

I said that a couple of days ago and I got shouted down. Brought it up with Pete tonight and he chucks a stink.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We are seriously just a below mediocre football team.

Can't wait until Bennett implements massive changes and fixes this mess. We are a disgrace.

wont happen

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
te'o showed broncs backrow who's boss... yeah he grubbed it up a bit, but for ****'s suck do you want Gillett and Glenn in the backrow for the next 8 years? if so -> no premierships for you

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Terrible night from the usual suspects.

Vidot and Maranta are both useless in what matters most to a winger. Our second row needs a serious rocket because they're supposed to be of representative quality and are putting in plodder performances, especially Gillett.

Tell Kennedy if he wants to stay next year, he's playing for 2 meals a day.

It's not our 2nd row, it's coaching the side how to use it, and the halves are just as responsible for setting up edge plays as the back rowers.

We use our back rowers as battering rams 90% of the time. As for Gillett, when he gets involved in plays, he can do great things like his pass for that try.

Kennedy is too slow to cut it at this level. The Souths big boys are just so so much faster off the mark than Kennedy. He's a sloth.

Vidot is, as I always say, a prop on the wing with butter fingers.

Poor coaching is what lost this. Hook can't cut it at this level.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
anyone else notice that whenever parker offloads it mostly goes to McCullough who is too slow to do anything with it? barba and hoffman need to be lurking around him every time

At least someone acknowledges Parker does offload in the teamteam

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Vidot had a shit nite but on the whole he's been a very good buy for us. It's not his fault we lost and his overall contribution to us has been much more positive than negative. Maybe we might want to look at a positional switch in the off season or at least playing lighter, but I'm not going to dig in too much.

Have said all year that we are a team whose whole adds up to less than the sum of it's parts, and that continues to be true. On the bright side, you add in another part named Milford and get the coaching right then we're in business. I've written off this year long ago, unlike last year at least the next year is promising.

Still, we have to close out 2014. For next week why don't we just give Marmin Barba a go. Hoffman is obviously out and it might be worth exploring Vidot in the forwards.

Also think Gillett needs to be dropped to the bench. He's just dropped off and isn't playing with the same desire he had when he first started. Give Oates a crack in the starting side I say, he's done very well with every opportunity he's ever had.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Frustrating.

Broncos were on the end of a fantastic performance from GI and it was a real interesting study in contrast between the two teams when it came to their defence.

Actually thought the gameplan was right when it came to the offence, they were making nice in-roads but just dropped too many pressure passes at the wrong time.

Feeling pretty sombre about it too. Fans can say what they want about his ability at five eighth but what I've seen from Hoffman is a guy who has put in every game for us and has really put his body on the line. He may not be a superstar talent but to see him end the season with a broken leg is just heart-breaking. Guy deserved better, especially after that amazing try-saver on Cronk.

Also sucks that players like Vidot & Kennedy played poorly too. Bad timing from them.

On the brightside, I thought McGuire and Parker were great in a losing team. In fact I thought a few players really stood up tonight, unfortunately as a team they just weren't as strong as Souths.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
According to NRL Stats, McGuire ran 170 metres and made 40 tackles with no misses tonight.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Thursday night games really need to come with more warnings that the footy show follows straight after ... so many brain cells lost in so few seconds ..

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
At the very least Bennett has a reputation of developing/ getting the most out of props.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I thought McGuire was excellent, Parker and Glenn were pretty impressive too.

I still think McCullough's service is way too slow, and not good enough if we ever want to challenge for a premiership.

Our defence is too soft as well. We need to be more aggressive in making tackles. Nice guys finish last, and so do nice teams. Get some wresteling happening, put them on their backs etc.

Martin Kennedy is still a waste of money.

Matt Gillett is crab people.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.