POST GAME [Round 24, 2021] Sharks vs Broncos

When Levi came on our speed increased in attack I think Kevvie needs to go 50/50 on playing time with the 2 Hookers to get the most of it, Turpin has looked a bit better in attack since he came back though guess the pressure for position works.

Niu has gotten a bit too selfish lately though, most time opting for the run rather then the cut out pass which would be lethal when we spread it wide, it worked for him on the try he scored but then he kept repeating it, the sharks easily nullified it.

I forgot about Brenko Lee coming over. I'm a bit worried that Brenko is a bit injury prone and may miss games next year. I'm the same as you with Nui, he's improving in the position with every week but whether he is the long term prospect I don't know.
Yeah I'm the same injures and form. I've never really paid to much attention to Brenko but he had a good year last year but that was playing in a grand final winning Melbourne team so its hard to judge on that.
Trindal wouldn't of scored that try today if cobbo or a bigger body was at the back, his support play was better today but seems to try play to much like a individual and makes his outside men run out of space alot.

When Levi came on our speed increased in attack I think Kevvie needs to go 50/50 on playing time with the 2 Hookers to get the most of it, Turpin has looked a bit better in attack since he came back though guess the pressure for position works.

Niu has gotten a bit too selfish lately though, most time opting for the run rather then the cut out pass which would be lethal when we spread it wide, it worked for him on the try he scored but then he kept repeating it, the sharks easily nullified it.
Doesn't have the size or speed to take them on how he tries too and cuts down the space for his outside men to work in.
Defence wise if we had a bigger body at the back trindal doesn't score that try. Hes a good depth cover option

I think the best way to work the 2 hookers is when Payne comes on for his second stint put the second hooker on and play off the back of Paynes half breaks and quick play the balls

Few forwards missing though to bolster that bench. Riki, Carrigan, Willison, Palasia are all options that if at full strength would have us in a better spot.

As I mentioned earlier, would love one more no nonsense solid leader in the front row to get us started with Haas and then we bring Flegler on for a bit of punch when Haas needs a spell.

I feel like Niu is a poor man’s Milford skill wise.
Yep, very good athlete and has some skill but has bugger all footy IQ. There were several occasions when his outside men were in better positions than him and he should have given the pass but instead tried to beat his man and only passed when he had no where to go.

This is a trait a lot of our outside backs share.

Yep, very good athlete and has some skill but has bugger all footy IQ. There were several occasions when his outside men were in better positions than him and he should have given the pass but instead tried to beat his man and only passed when he had no where to go.

This is a trait a lot of our outside backs share.
So far in his short career he’s bombed quite a few tries. Looks a touch too slow at the moment too. Will probably keep bulking up and lose more pace.

So far in his short career he’s bombed quite a few tries. Looks a touch too slow at the moment too. Will probably keep bulking up and lose more pace.
Doubt he'll ever truly make it as an nrl fullback. Could make an alright centre if he was willing to stick it out in qcup for a season or 2 but the way these players are, doubt he would be willing.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.